Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

thinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant future
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Property nearing once-in-100-year slump

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...015810,00.html

PLUMMETING property values have prompted warnings Australia is heading for a one-in-a-100-year real estate slump.

New figures from property analyst Residex showed house and unit prices in nearly every city and country centre fell last month. The last time all states fell at the same time was just before the Great Depression.

More than 50 per cent of all homes across the nation lost value in June. The slump is affecting the top end of the market as well as the lower end.

Residex chief executive John Edwards is warning of tough times ahead. "It looks like we're moving into a one-in-100-year event," Mr Edwards said.
Maybe everyone should be sending some karma to the Aussie sellers, too?
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by michell
thought i had better come on and let everyong know about our private buyr yesterday

They never turned up!!!!:curse:

i spent the whole day cleaning and tidying the house only to be let down, the viewing was supposed to be at 4 0'clock but by 5. o'clock we knew something was amiss, hubby phoned their mobile number only to find it went onto voicemail, i then sent them an e-mail asking what had happened being very polite in saying i hope nothing untoward had happened that they had had to miss the viewing and not contactd us. well i sent this off and low and behold 10 minutes later we get a phonecall from them saying very sorry we sent you an E-mail this morning letting you know we have found somewhere and so wont be doing the viewing, hubby advises them we sent them an e-mail asking what had happened etc.

WTF they are such liars, i was checking E-mails all day as we are selling puppies at the moment as well and hav only had e-mails from people interested in the puppies, anywayy i check again nope nothing from them, i do get another e-mail from someone asking about a puppy , so i ring them and they ask to come straight away to see the puppies me check they are ok and if everything ok they leav a deposit , i am not going to miss a prospective new home for our lovely puppies because someone cant be polite and ring us and tell us they not coming, the house was spotless so i thought at least someone will see my hard work, not that is isnt normally clean and tidy but i cleaned to the extreme , if you know what i mean. anyways after another 10 mins i check e-mails again and low and behold an e-mail from the private buyers, saying

sorry wont be coming for the viewing today

i think they just couldnt be a55ed to let us know and only because hubby rang and left a message and i e-maild them did we find out , and isnt it strange that 10 mins after they call an e-mail arrives!!

i was so angry and still am really, some people are so rude and impolite and have no thought for other peoples thoughts or feelings, i told my 6 kids and hubby dont move when they got in after school and work as i didnt want any mess for the viewers, they were very good but could not understand why hey hadnt turned up , as the first thing they said when we told them they werent coming was, We are never going to get to Australia are we mum!!

what could i say except , one day kids one day, i saw the sadness in their eyes and in their voices, they so want to go, the same as me and hubby, but kids just dont understand all the financial things etc behind the move , and cannot understand why we cant just go.

anyways this has turned into such a long post i do appologise,

on a lighter note my georgeous puppies are all doing well they are 3 weeks old now and all healthy and happy and 6 out of the 11 already have new owners that have left deposits for them, i still have 5 weeks before they ar ready to go and only been advertised a week and only got 5 left to find homes for , i have a good feeling they will all have found new familis & homes before they are able to go.

michell
That is just SOOO annoying........do they think you have nothing better to do??
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
SC - get your finger out and get packing!
Yes mum!

Survey was done today & I have a telephone interview for a job tonight so wish me luck folks!

Any positive news over the weekend?
Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Yes mum!

Survey was done today & I have a telephone interview for a job tonight so wish me luck folks!

good luck!I thought we had exchanged, but we haven't. Should have happened on Friday, tho that was 2nd date to do it, but their funds got into bank too late to do it. This am the girl on their side had a migraine and now my solicitor is on holiday for a week.:curse:
Caroline
Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
good luck!I thought we had exchanged, but we haven't. Should have happened on Friday, tho that was 2nd date to do it, but their funds got into bank too late to do it. This am the girl on their side had a migraine and now my solicitor is on holiday for a week.:curse:
Caroline
Oh gosh how annoying for you, I really empathise.
Sent you some K for a quick resolution
Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Yes mum!

Good luck hun - I'm sure the survey will be fine. You will walk the interview!!! Where is the job??

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Caroline
Oh no! Is there no one in the office who can handle the exchange? Seems a bit mad that there is no one there who can take over!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Good luck hun - I'm sure the survey will be fine. You will walk the interview!!! Where is the job??

Oh no! Is there no one in the office who can handle the exchange? Seems a bit mad that there is no one there who can take over!
Hiya Nic!
When are you off then gal? Just been looking into adding meters (gas &elec)..........wow scary prices I tell you!!!!
Dtp
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hiya Nic!
When are you off then gal? Just been looking into adding meters (gas &elec)..........wow scary prices I tell you!!!!
Dtp
Hiya hun

Probably not heading out until Feb 09. haven't got the flamin visa yet!!! (over 6 months wait so far - supposedly a 'quick' visa!!!)

So the meters are out then???
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Hiya hun

Probably not heading out until Feb 09. haven't got the flamin visa yet!!! (over 6 months wait so far - supposedly a 'quick' visa!!!)

So the meters are out then???
oo forgot about visas Yeah meters are out unless i can persuade someone to do a couple of 'foreigners'
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

oo forgot about visas Yeah meters are out unless i can persuade someone to do a couple of 'foreigners'
Bummer - but how much does knocking through cost????

Sorry it took me a while to come back - was buying sofas on the phone from a man in Lancashire for the holiday flat!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bummer - but how much does knocking through cost????

Sorry it took me a while to come back - was buying sofas on the phone from a man in Lancashire for the holiday flat!
Oh next to nothing! have just been informed by our lender that they won't change our mortgage over to a buy to let!!! Basically said to look elsewhere
Being as the rates they are I think rent would just about cover mortgage costs if we get as much as rental guy said (although I am dubious)
So looks like we either have to sell at stupid loss or stay put.
Bloody bloomin credit crunch:curse:
Btw have signed up with new agent today so crossing everything for when it goes live with them on aug 4th......
Dtp
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hello stranger!!!!

I still haven't sold after 15 months on the market........only had 3 viewers in that time and have dropped £40k off the price.......we are now priced at just over what we bought the house for 3 years ago

Going to validate our visas in August to take the pressure off selling the house before our visas expire in Oct.

Hope everything is ok with you,
Beth x x
Hi Beth,

Just thought I would take a look and see how things are going for you now as I have been off here for ages as got all stressed about it all. Sorry to see things not going to plan but keep your chin up as you have gone through worse than this and still come out the other side hun.

Good luck and best wishes Lou xx

ps will send some karma and keep all crossed for you.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh next to nothing! have just been informed by our lender that they won't change our mortgage over to a buy to let!!! Basically said to look elsewhere
Being as the rates they are I think rent would just about cover mortgage costs if we get as much as rental guy said (although I am dubious)
Btw have signed up with new agent today so crossing everything for when it goes live with them on aug 4th......
Dtp

Hope the new agent works out well....K sent

Good luck hun - I'm sure the survey will be fine. You will walk the interview!!! Where is the job?
Job is in small town South of Cairns. Interview not so good as was late starting & didn't finish until 12.50am by which time my brain was mush!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dtp
OH bum. Just how many blows can you take??? Try the Scarborough BS for BTL- they seem quite good and quite stable at the mo. Even Northern Rock!!! Fingers crossed you can get a deal and release some equity.

Fingers crossed for the new agent. I hope they can work the magic. Don't forget I got our sale by sheer bloody determination and networking - pull in all your favours and speak to everyone you know.

Originally Posted by loubiegreen
Hi Beth,

Just thought I would take a look and see how things are going for you now as I have been off here for ages as got all stressed about it all. Sorry to see things not going to plan but keep your chin up as you have gone through worse than this and still come out the other side hun.

Good luck and best wishes Lou xx

ps will send some karma and keep all crossed for you.
Beth's off to validate soon - I'm sure she'll be on to tell you all about it.

Hope the new agent works out well....K sent:

Job is in small town South of Cairns. Interview not so good as was late starting & didn't finish until 12.50am by which time my brain was mush!
Sounds promising - I'm sure you were fine and that they understood it was a bad time of day (night) for you. Fingers crossed you hear some good news soon.

I hope you have been packing.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Dang it- still no exchange, and now the bath tap has bust so I've got to try and get a plumber to come out- they can't be bothered with small jobs and charge a fortune too. I want a bath!!!
Caroline:curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.