Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by nickywes
They only had 2 children in the first place and now have just 1 living at home. Their DD lives in Hoddesdon too so could be convenient for them. He is MD of an alarm company so I asked him if they do servicing for ours and he said "well if we buy it, no need because I would do it myself"........just can't get too excited about it though as have heard it all before.

OK, so they have 3 bathrooms each... hmmm, I wonder which one I will use today??

I was a bit like, well this is going to seem small to you after your house, but they said they have had enough of something so big. They have a cash buyer and the survey brought up a problem with dry rot so have had to reduce it 10% for the buyer to still have it. Hope they don't try and drop ours too much (if they even offer)

I hope they don't make a silly offer. I wonder if they are moving because of the dry rot???????? Fingers crossed that they are genuine and make a sensible offer.. God I want them to be the ones more than you!!!

Hope you had a great time in Oz. Good luck with the auction too :

Thanks everyone for all the good wishes
Thanks sally, lets hope so

Maybe it is those little aliens in your computer
PMSL.

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Oh well totally hacked off today!
EA rang to say the 1st viewers who were gonna put an offer in have lost their buyers & the 2nd viewers who came back on Tuesday have put an offer in on another property but have said if its declined they'll put an offer in on ours :curse:
So its back to square one Boo Hoo!
Sorry to hear that Tawkins - I was expecting to hear that you'd had an offer. What a nightmare.:curse:
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Hi all - Well just had viewer round and they are downsizing from a 7 bed, 9 bathroom house. Imagine all those bloody loos to clean They really seemed keen and have sold theirs with exchange happening in 2 weeks. Kept asking me if we would move really quickly.......of course I said yes

They also wanted a project to do and we have the plans done for a 5th bed/en-suite loft conversion and a double storey extension out the back, so they could get their teeth into that one ok.

This was the most positive viewing I have done so am keeping fingers crossed that they offer. OH said don't get too excited as a lot of people rave about things, just the way some people are Hope not.
Great news Nicky, maybe they had other children but lost them in there house But I'm praying they offer for you

EA rang to say the 1st viewers who were gonna put an offer in have lost their buyers & the 2nd viewers who came back on Tuesday have put an offer in on another property but have said if its declined they'll put an offer in on ours :curse:

What a bloody nightmare, hope there offer doesn't get accepted on the other place and they buy your
Old Jul 5th 2008, 8:46 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

EA rang to say the 1st viewers who were gonna put an offer in have lost their buyers & the 2nd viewers who came back on Tuesday have put an offer in on another property but have said if its declined they'll put an offer in on ours
Oh, so sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will come back. You had two really interested buyers so lets hope you get some more pretty damn quick

Originally Posted by Fly Away
PMSL.

Sorry to hear that Tawkins - I was expecting to hear that you'd had an offer. What a nightmare.:curse:
Hi N - Been having a real busy time de-cluttering and burning paperwork (which gives me great pleasure) Also loading other site is slow at mo, think something to do with my network. Will sort it eventually. Not sure about these buyers now had time to think, sounds too good to be true.

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Great news Nicky, maybe they had other children but lost them in there house But I'm praying they offer for you
]
Have started praying to St. Joe again but now I have been thinking about these buyers and have looked on rightmove but cannot find anything with 7 beds and 9 baths Will try and stay optimistic though
How frigging big must that house be FFS?
Old Jul 5th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Oh, so sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will come back. You had two really interested buyers so lets hope you get some more pretty damn quick

Hi N - Been having a real busy time de-cluttering and burning paperwork (which gives me great pleasure) Also loading other site is slow at mo, think something to do with my network. Will sort it eventually. Not sure about these buyers now had time to think, sounds too good to be true.

Have started praying to St. Joe again but now I have been thinking about these buyers and have looked on rightmove but cannot find anything with 7 beds and 9 baths Will try and stay optimistic though
How frigging big must that house be FFS?
Maybe there agent isn't on rightmove or it could have been a private sale Are they local to you?
Old Jul 5th 2008, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe there agent isn't on rightmove or it could have been a private sale Are they local to you?
It could be a B&B!!! PMSL
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:56 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, could be. Lets hope so. I just don't trust buyers now and am so impatient They are in Broxbourne, which is walking distance to us.

It could be a B&B!!! PMSL
It would have to be, can't imagine why they would have that much otherwise. You have just given me an idea of which house it is now.

Well am off out to netball again today. I am an England talent scout and this is the last event I am attending Speak later (Too young for your Scott - they are all under 19)
Old Jul 6th 2008, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes, could be. Lets hope so. I just don't trust buyers now and am so impatient They are in Broxbourne, which is walking distance to us.

It would have to be, can't imagine why they would have that much otherwise. You have just given me an idea of which house it is now.

I hope you find out that it is genuine!

Well am off out to netball again today. I am an England talent scout and this is the last event I am attending Speak later (Too young for your Scott - they are all under 19)
Have a good day - Don't hurt your leg again - warm up before you warm up! I shouldn't think Scott has an age limit... (Sorry Scott - only joking)
Old Jul 6th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Just to say thank you for all the good wishes and nice messages I had, I'm sorry I've not been on much, we are relying on a mobile internet connection which is expensive and unreliable!

Have been in Tassie a full week now, have seen a rental house we like (after some seriously dodgy ones!) have an appointment to visit the local school tomorrow morning before we make a firm decision.

Have been out and about, getting to know the local areas, also been to the local market, a winery, wildlife park and seen some beautiful scenery.

Hoping that you have had some good news and there are more of you able to get out here soon too

Sam
Old Jul 6th 2008, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi all

Just to say thank you for all the good wishes and nice messages I had, I'm sorry I've not been on much, we are relying on a mobile internet connection which is expensive and unreliable!

Have been in Tassie a full week now, have seen a rental house we like (after some seriously dodgy ones!) have an appointment to visit the local school tomorrow morning before we make a firm decision.

Have been out and about, getting to know the local areas, also been to the local market, a winery, wildlife park and seen some beautiful scenery.

Hoping that you have had some good news and there are more of you able to get out here soon too

Sam

SAM!!!

That was spooky - I was just looking at your timeline on the BEupdate site and wondering if you got there safely and you pop up!!!

So pleased that you have found a rental you like - that's fast work!! Hope you get it.

I hope we will all be winging our way to join you soon!!! I am hopefully completing on my house in the next couple of weeks! EEEK.

Hope you can get a proper connection soon and tell us more about it!
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:38 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

SAM!!!

That was spooky - I was just looking at your timeline on the BEupdate site and wondering if you got there safely and you pop up!!!

So pleased that you have found a rental you like - that's fast work!! Hope you get it.

I hope we will all be winging our way to join you soon!!! I am hopefully completing on my house in the next couple of weeks! EEEK.

Hope you can get a proper connection soon and tell us more about it!
Fantastic news on your house FA!
Old Jul 6th 2008, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Would like to wish all of us who are still waiting to

FRIGGING SELL:curse::curse:

Good Luck

Angiek

Who had to get that off my chest

& sorry for shouting yet again
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi all

Sam
Hey its great to hear from you.

So glad all is going well and atlast you are where you want to be

Don't go off and leave us we want full updates of your life down under

Take care xx

Originally Posted by angiek

Good Luck

Angiek

Oh stop it we all need a good shout and this is a good place to do it

Wishing you luck on selling too

x
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiek

Good Luck

Angiek

Would have thought that this was where you could shout!

Loads of luck & some karma for you Angie!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:47 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I'm ever going to sell my house

15 long months and only 3 viewers

Dropped the price to basically what we paid for it 3 years ago........and still nothing.

Beginning to have second thoughts about this whole emmigrating lark due to financial circumstances

Beth x x
Old Jul 7th 2008, 1:18 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
I don't think I'm ever going to sell my house

15 long months and only 3 viewers

Dropped the price to basically what we paid for it 3 years ago........and still nothing.

Beginning to have second thoughts about this whole emmigrating lark due to financial circumstances

Beth x x
Don't give up Beth.
I'm sure as soon as you've been to validate you'll realise your doing the right thing Hang in there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.