Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jul 5th 2008, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by nickywes
I think somebody conned us with the St. Joe's:l:

I gave up praying ages ago, now flirting with the EA sounds good, ours is scrummy

Start praying immidiately Nicky! That's why he isn't working!! I will pray to mine for you - I seem to have got one in working order!
Thanks Nic, I am so pleased for you. About time isn't it?

Thanks Nicky, it is a little overdue, yes......................................

That sounds pretty good. Maybe things are picking up

I hope so!!!!!

You are a fruitcake

and.......................

Things will just slot into place, just a big shock at the moment. It is fantastic news :

I hope so - it is complete chaos at the moment and gues what? yup, my OH is asleep in bed!:curse:

Well, you can come & organise me please!

and me.
Excellent news Sally, really pleased for you :

Cheers us all up doesn't it?

Just back from Stanstead dropping off DD and we have a viewer in the morning. The house is still a mess so will have to get up really early to start cleaning Really fed up with it all, just can't get motivated. When I think of how I was when we first had viewers to what it is like now, its scary [/QUOTE]

FINGERS CROSSED for you Nicky!

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Quite right too.... you should try St. George of Lombard

Do you think he would allow us to bury him upside down in our front garden?????
This has been one of the best days ever for this thread....though what FA will be like now is anyone's guess

I don't know myself yet......

Now come on! What about the rest of you? Get with the programme & get those houes sold people!!!
Originally Posted by Kapri

Great news both of you!
I hope both sales go smoothly

Thanks Kapri - how are you??? Feeling a bit better? Great to see you back online.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 10:29 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all - Well just had viewer round and they are downsizing from a 7 bed, 9 bathroom house. Imagine all those bloody loos to clean They really seemed keen and have sold theirs with exchange happening in 2 weeks. Kept asking me if we would move really quickly.......of course I said yes

They also wanted a project to do and we have the plans done for a 5th bed/en-suite loft conversion and a double storey extension out the back, so they could get their teeth into that one ok.

This was the most positive viewing I have done so am keeping fingers crossed that they offer. OH said don't get too excited as a lot of people rave about things, just the way some people are Hope not.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the congrats folks!

karma sent for your viewing Nicky
Old Jul 5th 2008, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
That's really good news FA!

Wow Caroline you have loads going on at least you have a plan, i can't wait till we get to that stage - i love getting everyone organised!!

Fab news for us.... we have accepted a good offer today. People who came twice yesterday. They have nothing to sell either so it could be quite quick

Thank you everyone for all your good wishes & karma. The positive vibes worked[/QUOTE]

YAY well done! and good luck Nicky for the viewing
Caroline

Last edited by carolinephillips; Jul 5th 2008 at 10:53 am.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Originally Posted by carolinephillips

Fab news for us.... we have accepted a good offer today. People who came twice yesterday. They have nothing to sell either so it could be quite quick

Thank you everyone for all your good wishes & karma. The positive vibes worked
Caroline[/QUOTE]

Congratulations Caroline.

& Nicky Good Luck

Hopefully things are starting to Move.

Hope I be next

Angiek
Old Jul 5th 2008, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all - Well just had viewer round and they are downsizing from a 7 bed, 9 bathroom house. Imagine all those bloody loos to clean They really seemed keen and have sold theirs with exchange happening in 2 weeks. Kept asking me if we would move really quickly.......of course I said yes

They also wanted a project to do and we have the plans done for a 5th bed/en-suite loft conversion and a double storey extension out the back, so they could get their teeth into that one ok.

This was the most positive viewing I have done so am keeping fingers crossed that they offer. OH said don't get too excited as a lot of people rave about things, just the way some people are : Hope not.
7 bed, 9 baths.... sorry just picking my jaw up from the floor, why would anyone need that many bathrooms?

Anyhow - the viewing sounded GREAT! PMSL that they are downsizing to your house as it is huge. Very good news that they have sold. I have everything crossed again and have said another prayer to my St Joe for you. I really hope they are the ones!!!!

Originally Posted by angiek
Caroline
Congratulations Caroline.

& Nicky Good Luck

Hopefully things are starting to Move.

Hope I be next

Angiek[/QUOTE]

I hope you are too - I am praying to my St Joe for you too!!!
Old Jul 5th 2008, 1:05 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

This was the most positive viewing I have done so am keeping fingers crossed that they offer. OH said don't get too excited as a lot of people rave about things, just the way some people are Hope not.
Sounds like a very good viewing. I've got my fingers very tightly crossed for you.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Hi everyone havent been on here much lately.
We have been to Oz to validate came back and decided to give it one last try, so putting house in an auction end of the month just hope it goes and for a price we can live with if not think we will have to put Oz on hold for a couple of years as can not cope with the stress of it all for much longer.
Got 2 viewing nxt wk for auction which is more than we have had in months so maybe it will work if not maybes it not ment to happen!

Lorna
Old Jul 5th 2008, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
We have been to Oz to validate came back and decided to give it one last try, so putting house in an auction end of the month just hope it goes and for a price we can live with if not think we will have to put Oz on hold for a couple of years as can not cope with the stress of it all for much longer.
Got 2 viewing nxt wk for auction which is more than we have had in months so maybe it will work if not maybes it not ment to happen!

Lorna
Sorry to hear you've had a hard time with selling. I really hope the auction does the trick for you. I've been on the market for 14 months and just sold now... so don't give up hope. That said, I know how hard it is to keep positive and how living in limbo is only a half life. Better to get on with your life here in the UK and really enjoy it for 2 years than be miserable and not doing stuff because you might sell and be off to Aus.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 2:49 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
7 bed, 9 baths.... sorry just picking my jaw up from the floor, why would anyone need that many bathrooms?

Anyhow - the viewing sounded GREAT! PMSL that they are downsizing to your house as it is huge. Very good news that they have sold. I have everything crossed again and have said another prayer to my St Joe for you. I really hope they are the ones!!!!

I am praying to my St Joe for you too!!!
They only had 2 children in the first place and now have just 1 living at home. Their DD lives in Hoddesdon too so could be convenient for them. He is MD of an alarm company so I asked him if they do servicing for ours and he said "well if we buy it, no need because I would do it myself"........just can't get too excited about it though as have heard it all before.

I was a bit like, well this is going to seem small to you after your house, but they said they have had enough of something so big. They have a cash buyer and the survey brought up a problem with dry rot so have had to reduce it 10% for the buyer to still have it. Hope they don't try and drop ours too much (if they even offer)

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy

Lorna
Hope you had a great time in Oz. Good luck with the auction too

Thanks everyone for all the good wishes
Old Jul 5th 2008, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Sounds Fab fingers crossed
Old Jul 5th 2008, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

There is something very strange going on here 'cos I swear your post wasn't on the thread when I posted earlier
Anyway Nicky, all sounds very positive so fingers crossed for you
Old Jul 5th 2008, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
There is something very strange going on here 'cos I swear your post wasn't on the thread when I posted earlier
Anyway Nicky, all sounds very positive so fingers crossed for you
Thanks sally, lets hope so

Maybe it is those little aliens in your computer
Old Jul 5th 2008, 6:18 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Oh well totally hacked off today!
EA rang to say the 1st viewers who were gonna put an offer in have lost their buyers & the 2nd viewers who came back on Tuesday have put an offer in on another property but have said if its declined they'll put an offer in on ours :curse:
So its back to square one Boo Hoo!
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Oh well totally hacked off today!
EA rang to say the 1st viewers who were gonna put an offer in have lost their buyers & the 2nd viewers who came back on Tuesday have put an offer in on another property but have said if its declined they'll put an offer in on ours :curse:
So its back to square one Boo Hoo!
Oh gosh, so sorry
It is such an emotional rollercoaster, this whole business.
Let's hope their offer is turned down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.