Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jul 1st 2008, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by nickywes
Caroline - look at the website with Eva Air. We are going business class in October, 3 of us and they have some good deals going on if not at peak times.
Thanks- will try that, but we are going mid August, so that is peak time
Caroline
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:00 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Thanks- will try that, but we are going mid August, so that is peak time
Caroline
May still be worth a look. Look for their specials.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Codify is on a distinguished road

Good luck everyone that is trying to sell!

There's lots in the media this morning about the latest Nationwide house prices survey, but if you look beyond the scary headlines, it looks like the latest figures aren't as bad as they have been over recent months.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...nnation201.xml

Hopefully we are hitting the bottom for the "doom and gloom" merchants, and prices will soon start rising again After all, they're not making any more land, people have to live somehere!!!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Morning everyone!!!!!!!

Well done on the exchange caroline.

Hi Nicky Im fine, Just plodding along hoping to sell

Well I decided to do something positive yesterday and join the gym, so when we do get to oz at least Ill have a slim figure. ha
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suart
Morning everyone!!!!!!!

Well I decided to do something positive yesterday and join the gym, so when we do get to oz at least Ill have a slim figure. ha
The trouble isn't joining the gym, it's going to the gym!

Last edited by Sally Simpson; Jul 1st 2008 at 9:44 am.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarolineW
I also think that too many people have bought property for investment, seeing it as a one-way bet, instead of property as a home.
As long as they have got stuck with them now, then that would be karma

Originally Posted by Tableland
For sure. I read of one case where this guy bought places as an investment and such was the HPI that he kept them empty rather than let them out because he didn't want the tenants messing up the investment. Pure greed that drove up prices to unsustainable levels.
Great and ruined it all for us home owners as people are too worried to buy now. I should start a business selling crystal balls.

I got my own lemon tree, but I can't take it to Oz. I will grow a new one there tho, that doesn't have to come inside for the winter. Oh, and oranges...limes (now where's the vodka??)
Does it have fruit? I grew an avocado tree but it didn't have any avocados:curse:

Originally Posted by Angib
Gosh just proof read that my spelling sucks !!!!
It's not a spelling test.

Have exchanged contracts today- completion date 11th August, and fly out on 14th August if that visa gets here- fingers crossed for tomorrow OH wants to book the flights.
Caroline
Well done! Fingers crossed here for you. I'm not counting chickens...honest.

, Just plodding along hoping to sell
It's really bad isn't it. I wish I hadn't had looked at the TimesOnline today Time to go to my happy place.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Have exchanged contracts today- completion date 11th August, and fly out on 14th August if that visa gets here- fingers crossed for tomorrow OH wants to book the flights.
Caroline
Congratulations Caroline - a weight off your shoulders. I hope you get some good visa news soon too.

Originally Posted by angiek
Ic

WHAT YOU ON!!!!!!!!!!!

angiek
Hiya Angie - welcome back. We missed you.

PMSL at the rest of you - too many posts to quote.........
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

My lemon tree has had fruit on it for two years now. About 6 per year, lovely and juicy, and so much nicer than the shop ones. Gonna harvest my last one at the goodbye party, and slice it thin to put in drinks.
Caroline

My party will have no chickens in it- apart from the neighbour's bantams which provide the "music"- glad they were quiet when the buyers came round.

Last edited by carolinephillips; Jul 1st 2008 at 12:33 pm. Reason: extra info
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Welll Hello all

Back on track now

was feeling sooooooooo LOW regarding validation trip.

Good Luck to all with regards to SELLING.

Angiek
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

My lemon tree has had fruit on it for two years now. About 6 per year, lovely and juicy, and so much nicer than the shop ones. Gonna harvest my last one at the goodbye party, and slice it thin to put in drinks.
Caroline

My party will have no chickens in it- apart from the neighbour's bantams which provide the "music"- glad they were quiet when the buyers came round.
LOL, have a good party.

Welll Hello all

Back on track now

Angiek
So pleased to hear that Angie. I feel for you - I've been where you were and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I wish this wretched situation would improve and things would ease up for you.

The big positive is that you now have a validated visa which means you have options. They might not be clear right now, but a door will open in the future and you will be so glad you validated.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:46 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
PMSL at the rest of you - too many posts to quote.........
Lightweight
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Lightweight

I know, I know.....

I should be working really but I keep peeking at BE as it is the 1st July and I am hoping the visas will start moving today! Has the great Georgie said anything about this new processing centre?
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lots of Augustees have got visas today- gonna look and see if any Septemberites have got any. Things are moving folks!
Caroline
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:49 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Codify
Good luck everyone that is trying to sell!

There's lots in the media this morning about the latest Nationwide house prices survey, but if you look beyond the scary headlines, it looks like the latest figures aren't as bad as they have been over recent months.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...nnation201.xml

Hopefully we are hitting the bottom for the "doom and gloom" merchants, and prices will soon start rising again After all, they're not making any more land, people have to live somehere!!!
Hi Codify - I do hope that is as far down as house selling is going to get. More doom and gloom on tv this morning though :curse:

Morning everyone!!!!!!!

Me too plodding along and also needing to join a gym. Do you think they like cuddly girls over there

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
The trouble isn't joining the gym, it's going to the gym!
I hate the gym :curse:

Welll Hello all

Back on track now

Angiek
Hi Angie, things have to start looking up soon surely
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

hello everyone - it feels like a life time that i was posting on this thread, it was the most stressful period of the whole thing without a doubt and i hope the nightmare is over soon for you all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.