Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jun 15th 2008, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

morning

yes FA i am up early ... again
just can't sleep and wake at 4am every morning!!!
and so does my daughter - well shortly after .... and my son joined us today too

welcome back DAN!!!!
great that you liked perth. did you get any questions answered?
picked out a nice area already?

but oh boy, no words for you mil - well, none i could say on here
Old Jun 15th 2008, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
I'm Bacccccckkkkkk!!!!!:
4.57am posting this - do you think I might have jetlag??? Well I must say this is terribly depressing to come home especially to the house selling shit.
While we were away we had a viewer who had seen the house twice before wanted to come round......viewer rings M.I.L to book them in for a Tuesday...she said NO (!!!) sorry she cant (WTF????) Agent rings me on Friday to re-book them in for Sat. I say yeah of course and ring In law to say what time. She winges as she is working , what will she do with the dog and she'll have to clean the house (seriously!!! the house was spotless and she lives next door!!!) After all this agent rings at 11 am to say cancel the 12 viewing as they have put an offer in elsewhere::
.....Now if she could just have let them in on Tuesday we might have sold!!!
Can't beleive it bloody woman....
Anyway Perth was Fab loved it to death! Gotta go son is giving me gip!!
See you later
Dtp::
DTP! YAY! Welcome back Dan - hope you had a great time! Bloomin MIL - I would have killed her.:curse: I suspect she doesn't want you to go!!!

Originally Posted by mOZzy
morning

yes FA i am up early ... again :
and so does my daughter - well shortly after .... and my son joined us today too :

welcome back DAN!!!!

but oh boy, no words for you mil - well, none i could say on here l:
Hi Mozzy - I managed to sleep til 7am today - better than yesterday which was 4am. Have you always woken early or is it a stress thing like me?

Nicky - glad you and your OH had some time together last night. LOL at your OH eating crsips outside - mine never would even if he had just hoovered....
Old Jun 15th 2008, 6:49 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

I'm Bacccccckkkkkk!!!!!
4.57am posting this - do you think I might have jetlag??? Well I must say this is terribly depressing to come home especially to the house selling shit.
While we were away we had a viewer who had seen the house twice before wanted to come round......viewer rings M.I.L to book them in for a Tuesday...she said NO (!!!) sorry she cant (WTF????) Agent rings me on Friday to re-book them in for Sat. I say yeah of course and ring In law to say what time. She winges as she is working , what will she do with the dog and she'll have to clean the house (seriously!!! the house was spotless and she lives next door!!!) After all this agent rings at 11 am to say cancel the 12 viewing as they have put an offer in elsewhere
See you later
Dtp
Morning DTP, welcome back Bet you are sooo happy to be back in the UK Shoot the MIL!

morning

and so does my daughter - well shortly after .... and my son joined us today too

welcome back DAN!!!!

but oh boy, no words for you mil - well, none i could say on here
Morning Mozzy - I am an early bird too, think it is when you have kids the body clock just changes or maybe there is too much going around the mind.

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all,

DTP! YAY! Welcome back Dan - hope you had a great time! Bloomin MIL - I would have killed her.:curse: I suspect she doesn't want you to go!!!

Hi Mozzy - I managed to sleep til 7am today - better than yesterday which was 4am. Have you always woken early or is it a stress thing like me?

Nicky - glad you and your OH had some time together last night. LOL at your OH eating crsips outside - mine never would even if he had just hoovered....
Morning N - good luck for today, will be thinking of you
Old Jun 15th 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

I'm Bacccccckkkkkk!!!!!
While we were away we had a viewer who had seen the house twice before wanted to come round......viewer rings M.I.L to book them in for a Tuesday...she said NO (!!!) sorry she cant (WTF????) Agent rings me on Friday to re-book them in for Sat. I say yeah of course and ring In law to say what time. She winges as she is working , what will she do with the dog and she'll have to clean the house (seriously!!! the house was spotless and she lives next door!!!) After all this agent rings at 11 am to say cancel the 12 viewing as they have put an offer in elsewhere:curse::curse:
See you later
Dtp
Hi DTP

We just came back from perth this week as well.

We think exactly like you Perth is fab, cant wait to be out there.

House selling is crap.

Angiek
Old Jun 15th 2008, 9:35 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

morning

Not so bad here now, though I did have about 5 months of 2 hours a night sleep from Jan through to about 2 weeks ago. I think it was all the stress of being overcrowded in the previous house together with getting my head around the prospect of Court with ex.

Of course, once (if ever) we get the visa, I'll be back to making teas for the dawn chorus again.

Bloody hell, only a few more days until midsummer

Best of luck house-selling people
Old Jun 15th 2008, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

should we start an early bird chat at 5.30 am then ?

well i guess a few factors coming together!
the kids (including me) used to sleep till 6am which i am ok with really.
BUT i guess all this stress doesn't help and i wake at 4ish now.
AND my daughter discovered how to escape her cot. she's cute so and is really really quiet, tiptoes downstairs to check if anybody's there, then comes upstairs and puts her head around our door - around 5ish i wave her into our bed for so 20min anything earlier i just send her back to bed which she does
but lately so 5.30 i get up with her and normally my son sleeps till 7 now () - just not today ...

oh my, please let me out of this blooming house selling business
Old Jun 15th 2008, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I often get up at 6am or earlier, as I am a lark. OH is an owl so when i go to bed at 10- having fallen asleep on the sofa at 9!- he stays up- sometimes at the weekend til 1am. I find I can get a lot of things done, or just have breakfast and do sudoku or kenken for a bit before daughter comes down. I take OH a coffee in bed, he takes one sip and goes back to sleep!
Caroline
Old Jun 15th 2008, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again everyone,

Multiquote playing up again.... still bringing up my previous post quotes and not letting me quote some of you, but allowing others... mad.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Morning DTP, welcome back Bet you are sooo happy to be back in the UK Shoot the MIL!

PMSL!

Morning N - good luck for today, will be thinking of you
Thanks Nicky - he's coming at 2pm. the house is clean now. Just have to get changed and try and eat lunch without making a mess.

Guranteed I'll be here most mornings....

AND my daughter discovered how to escape her cot. she's cute so and is really really quiet, tiptoes downstairs to check if anybody's there, then comes upstairs and puts her head around our door - around 5ish i wave her into our bed for so 20min anything earlier i just send her back to bed which she does
but lately so 5.30 i get up with her and normally my son sleeps till 7 now - just not today ...

Oh yes, we need release from this soon. My Dd sleeps until 9am - and I used to until the last 8 weeks. I'm so tired in the day and often fall asleep in the afternoon. I try not to as it means I sleep even less at night. I wake up sweating with my heart racing going through loads of stuff in my head. It's always worse with PMT too. The only thing to stop it is to get up and do something.

AngieK and DTP - you should have met up!!

Nicky, how is your daughter doing - is she still in Perth?
Old Jun 15th 2008, 11:05 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi again everyone,

Thanks Nicky - he's coming at 2pm. the house is clean now. Just have to get changed and try and eat lunch without making a mess.

Nicky, how is your daughter doing - is she still in Perth?
Get your clothes and lunch and hot foot it into the garden without ruining the stripes in the carpet

DD2 is making her way upwards towards Darwin but so far have got to Monkey Mia, Carnarvon and all the bits on the way up. They have met loads of people all backpacking and they have decided to do a bit of fruit picking as an experience. They have been told to keep well away from the bananas as that is where the snakes and spiders hang out If they don't they will be carrying them around in their bag. It is a really good opportunity for them before they settle down to the humdrum of real life
Old Jun 15th 2008, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Get your clothes and lunch and hot foot it into the garden without ruining the stripes in the carpet

DD2 is making her way upwards towards Darwin but so far have got to Monkey Mia, Carnarvon and all the bits on the way up. They have met loads of people all backpacking and they have decided to do a bit of fruit picking as an experience. They have been told to keep well away from the bananas as that is where the snakes and spiders hang out If they don't they will be carrying them around in their bag. It is a really good opportunity for them before they settle down to the humdrum of real life
LOL, it's pouring with rain here now - after a beautiful morning - typical as he is mainly coming to look at the garden. So we had to eat inside. Just caught DD walking around with a sandwich in her hand shaking crumbs everywhere....:curse: Got to hoover again now. It's like groundhog day I tell you.

Glad your DD is having a good time. Did they get the camper van in the end? I will be aiming to get up to Monkey Mia the next time were over in perth as we didn't make it last time. (Went down to Margaret River instead as we only had 7 days in WA) Definately wise to stay away from bananas then!
Old Jun 15th 2008, 12:11 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

We thought so too but they said at first that it would be the next day and then rang to say it would be today, we then waited and eventually rang them to be told that the only rooms they had were singles, but with a 5 & 4 year old that is not an option. They then said she is 3rd on the list but what if she needed it now? Luckily we are here and so far he hasn't caused much trouble because she is keeping him sort of sweet and letting him believe that she could be going back but once he knows she isn't, that is when the fireworks will start. Trouble is how long can she keep him from realising she isn't going back? That is why we can't be seen taking more clothes and kids bits.

I didn't even know all this was going on, he has punched and head butted her amongst other things. Why do people stay in that situation?
Oh your poor niece. She must have been going through a terrible time. I'm afraid I don't know why people stay - probably too terrified to leave. At least she's left now and things will start to get better for her.

Morning all,

Have a good day and forget all about house selling.

Not long now - July Ic??

Hope they get a place soon. I thought they always had room for everyone too. I suppose there are health and safety issues with overcrowding. They are fantastic organisations though. I give all my baby stuff and toys etc to them.

Hope the viewing goes well. At least if they are with a friend then the ex won't know where she is either.

The poor girl. She must have felt powerless. She hasn't stayed with him though - she's got out. She's been brave and sensible. These men know how to manipulate their partners to stay. Did you say the kids arent his? Even better he can not have access etc. Hoping that he will get the message quickly. Can you take her to Oz with you in October???? Even if it is just on an ETA?

Good idea - that or something else he doesn't like - hairdryer, hoover etc.

Morning Mozz - you're up early again.

Hi Angie. Sounds like you had a fab time. At least you kow you are making the right decision to go now. Must be driving you mad that the house is holding you back. £36K - that's a lot to lose. At least house prices are dropping in perth too. The only other thing I can think of is if you could offer a gifted deposit??? Lots of FTBs are struggling to raise the bigger deposits needed.

I bet you could have decked the EA when he said 2 years. I think he's right, but it doesnt help us does it?? Any chance of remortgaging to Buy to let and renting it out??? Then selling in 2 years.

Sorry I'm not much help - I feel your pain.

Well, I was up at 4.15 this morning worrying... I wish this would all be sorted and we could exchange with the private buyer. I have come up with some ideas which I will put to him tomorrow. See if we can get things moving.

Good luck to everyone today.
Ic doesn't seem to come on here much these days. Too busy over on the dark side, lol.

Good luck with the private buyer today.

Just an update.

Viewers been and gone, a family of 4. They stayed over an hour and asked so many questions. Seemed to love the house BUT, guess what, they don't even have theirs on the market yet. They are looking for their perfect house and will then put on for sale with the same EA so as to speed things up. Living in dreamworld springs to mind. I did say to them that the market was tough and they said they knew.

The house would be perfect for them and he is a surveyor and said was doing a mental snagging list as he went round and couldn't find anything to snag. I know some bits but sure wasn't going to point them out. The eldest child is starting at the local school in September and they like the area.

I really feel like sending lots of people round to view all these houses of theirs so that they have to start at the crack of dawn to clean.

You never know I suppose
Good news that the viewers liked it. You never know they could have one of those houses that sell really quickly.

Just wished I had one of those.

Originally Posted by steveandtina
AARRRHHH this site wont let me multi quote again

Nicky bloody viewers they don't have a clue do they, I'd love to go round to the time wasters that came to mine and I know where some of them live

Fly - have you finished your cleaning yet? come on get your finger out

I'm rushing about tonight as Steve is doing the London to Brighton bike ride tomorrow his got to cycle 54 miles bless him so I have to get down there early to see him finish, down side I said i would jump in with my sister in law and getting up early isn't her strong point

Good luck for next week fellow WPHS
Good luck to Steve on his bike ride.

I'm Bacccccckkkkkk!!!!!
While we were away we had a viewer who had seen the house twice before wanted to come round......viewer rings M.I.L to book them in for a Tuesday...she said NO (!!!) sorry she cant (WTF????) Agent rings me on Friday to re-book them in for Sat. I say yeah of course and ring In law to say what time. She winges as she is working , what will she do with the dog and she'll have to clean the house (seriously!!! the house was spotless and she lives next door!!!) After all this agent rings at 11 am to say cancel the 12 viewing as they have put an offer in elsewhere.....Now if she could just have let them in on Tuesday we might have sold!!!
See you later
Dtp
Hiya Dan, good to see you back. Bad news about the house. Bet you could have killed her.:curse:

We're off to Perth as well and can't wait to go. Just need to sell this bloomin' house.

but lately so 5.30 i get up with her and normally my son sleeps till 7 now - just not today ...

You'll have to count me out of the early bird chat. I cannot get up early. I'm an owl and hate getting up. I struggle to get up at 7.30am on school mornings and normally end up getting up at 8.

Get your clothes and lunch and hot foot it into the garden without ruining the stripes in the carpet.

My dad went to Monkey Mia last year and absolutely loved it. Did she get to see the dolphins? My dad said that you can wade into the water and the dolphins can come up really close. That's a place I'd like to go when we eventually get out there.

LOL, it's pouring with rain here now - after a beautiful morning - typical as he is mainly coming to look at the garden. So we had to eat inside. Just caught DD walking around with a sandwich in her hand shaking crumbs everywhere.... Got to hoover again now. It's like groundhog day I tell you.

Glad your DD is having a good time. Did they get the camper van in the end? I will be aiming to get up to Monkey Mia the next time were over in perth as we didn't make it last time. (Went down to Margaret River instead as we only had 7 days in WA) Definately wise to stay away from bananas then!
It's a beautiful day here, nice and sunny but with a breeze too. Perfect washing day.

I find myself going around after the children with a dustpan and brush.

I want to go to Margaret River as well.

Good Food show was really good. Ate lots of food (free samples), saw John Torrode and the Hairy Bikers. Does anyone watch Dragon's Den? Well there was a bloke on there a couple of series ago who was making a spicy carribean sauce. His name was Levi Roots. Well he was there as well.

So I had a good day and managed to forget about the house as well.

No viewings booked as yet, even though we've brought the price down by £30k.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

You can buy that Levi Roots sauces in Sainsbury's - its fab
Old Jun 15th 2008, 12:21 pm

LOL, it's pouring with rain here now - after a beautiful morning - typical as he is mainly coming to look at the garden. So we had to eat inside. Just caught DD walking around with a sandwich in her hand shaking crumbs everywhere....:curse: Got to hoover again now. It's like groundhog day I tell you.

It is a beautiful day here, although it is starting to cloud over now. I was sat in the office earlier, which faces the front and a couple were stood right outside looking at the house. I didn't know whether to duck down or get out of the room so just sat here pretending not to notice I am so sure that we will be renting it out that I really couldn't care too much if we get the viewers now. Sad isn't it.

About the camper van!!!!! She sent me an email with the title her new home and this is what it is below. I was horrified at first but they are young and willing to sleep anywhere

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Oh your poor niece. She must have been going through a terrible time. I'm afraid I don't know why people stay - probably too terrified to leave. At least she's left now and things will start to get better for her.

I think you are right but I am worried that she will go back too.

Good Food show was really good. Ate lots of food (free samples), saw John Torrode and the Hairy Bikers. Does anyone watch Dragon's Den? Well there was a bloke on there a couple of series ago who was making a spicy carribean sauce. His name was Levi Roots. Well he was there as well.

Glad you had a good day, it makes a change to get out and stop thinking about house selling

No viewings booked as yet, even though we've brought the price down by £30k.
There are so few buyers out there at the moment but things must pick up soon
Attached Thumbnails Whinging Pom House seller  (The Continuation)-ria-home-2.jpg   Whinging Pom House seller  (The Continuation)-ria-home-3.jpg  
Old Jun 15th 2008, 12:22 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angib
You can buy that Levi Roots sauces in Sainsbury's - its fab
Well, I bought a bottle yesterday so I'm going to try it this week.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Ic doesn't seem to come on here much these days. Too busy over on the dark side, lol.

I think he is trying to forget about his house and concentrate on his validation trip for a while.

Good luck with the private buyer today.:

Thanks J - have been praying to St J!

Good news that the viewers liked it. You never know they could have one of those houses that sell really quickly.

Just wished I had one of those.:

Don't we all hun! I'm sure it will happen for you - look how long it has taken us and we're not there yet. I refuse to give in!

You'll have to count me out of the early bird chat. I cannot get up early. I'm an owl and hate getting up. I struggle to get up at 7.30am on school mornings and normally end up getting up at 8.:

I'm usually the same - when you have an offer the stress of wondering if they will go through with it, is even worse....

My dad went to Monkey Mia last year and absolutely loved it. Did she get to see the dolphins? My dad said that you can wade into the water and the dolphins can come up really close. That's a place I'd like to go when we eventually get out there.

Yes, that's what I'd like to do there. I think the Pinnicles are up there too. That's a holiday to look forward to! Can pop in and see you too while we're over that way!

It's a beautiful day here, nice and sunny but with a breeze too. Perfect washing day.

It's lovely here now - sun came out for the PB!

I find myself going around after the children with a dustpan and brush.

PMSL. I have one of those mini stick hoovers that I follow mine around with.

I want to go to Margaret River as well.

It's lovely - we drove round in a loop from Perth - beautiful area.

No viewings booked as yet, even though we've brought the price down by £30(
Sounds like you had a good day. It's good to forget for a while. I am trying to get out more and not think about it. Sitting in your clean house waiting for viewers is a killer.

It is a beautiful day here, although it is starting to cloud over now. I was sat in the office earlier, which faces the front and a couple were stood right outside looking at the house. I didn't know whether to duck down or get out of the room so just sat here pretending not to notice I am so sure that we will be renting it out that I really couldn't care too much if we get the viewers now. Sad isn't it.

Fingers crossed you get a viewing from them!!! Try to stay positive - although renting is a positive move too!

About the camper van!!!!! She sent me an email with the title her new home and this is what it is below. I was horrified at first but they are young and willing to sleep anywhere

There are so few buyers out there at the moment but things must pick up soon
OMG!! I see what you mean about the van. They must be having the time of their lives though. OH and I first went together when we were 26 and had an amazing holiday. Although, even then, I wouldn't slum it!

Well the PB has been and gone. Making plans for what he was going to do with the house. (Good sign) Partial success with my plan - which was to say we would have to accept the other offer but would be prepared to drop them if he could raise the money. He says the bank have said yes verbally and he is waiting for it in writing - he is buying it through his business. Once again he says he will call this coming week to confirm. Back to hedging the other offer now.... until about Thursday I think, then we will have to accept it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.