Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Be very careful - it can have unforseen repercussions, not just for the girl. Go through health visitor or school rather than the SS. I know of one person who involved the SS professionally and had to move to protect her own family from threats- not trying to scare you off, but please think carefully.Caroline
Thanks Caroline. It's not something I would do lightly. There are other people who know a lot more than me about what is going on and I would leave it to them to make that sort of decision anyway. There's lots I can't say on here. I will have to be vigilent and speak to as many peole as I can to try and get an idea if this is something to be concerned about or whether the grandmother is exaggerating.

Originally Posted by johull
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When do you hope to be 'off'??

I planted my St Joe on Wednesday - also got a St Jude thrown in for an extra couple of quid!!! Do you say a prayer every day or just when you plant it??!!?? How crazuy do I sound.

So peed off - with Whitegates now - they only advertise about once a month - 6 weeks as 'rely on internet more and werent getting feedback from paper adverts. Thought we were on Rightmove, guess what, no, they are currently in 'negotiations' with Think.co.uk I think she said so I suppose that means we arent advertised with anyone?? So angry - on the Whitegates website it states they use Rightmove. Do you think I could get out of my 12 week contract with this and move to someone else???? No advertising at all apart from the Whitegates website - so cross its untrue - the woman is really nice but obviously full of sh*t
Well, I'm looney as I say a prayer every day.

I'm no legal expert, but I would definately try to get out of the contract if you can. I'd ask my solicitor what s/he thinks. It does sound like you were misled.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hereshoping
A bit of good news for this thread for once... we've just exchanged contracts on our house so the buyers are tied in to selling to us now!

These things can work out- keep the faith.
Blo*dy hell.....come and sit next to me...it might be catching!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
Where are you heading and when???

Molly x
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Doh............just noticed Melbourne!!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

well done herehoping, bet that has made your day, good luck and enjoy the rest of your stay in the UK. You can now chill, well until the packers arrive anyway.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for all the good wishes guys, it's been 12 weeks since we accepted the offer, and my nerves are totally shot after waiting so long to get them legally bound to buy.

We fly off 6 weeks today. I wish it was sooner, but we're both teachers so have to work up til the end of term.

Good luck to all of you still on the market.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

A bit of good news for this thread for once... we've just exchanged contracts on our house so the buyers are tied in to selling to us now!

oh wow oh wow - good news at last!!!!!!
congratsssss
Old Jun 12th 2008, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the good wishes guys, it's been 12 weeks since we accepted the offer, and my nerves are totally shot after waiting so long to get them legally bound to buy.

We fly off 6 weeks today. I wish it was sooner, but we're both teachers so have to work up til the end of term.

12 weeks - what a nightmare - it seems to be standard now to stretch the whole thing out as long as possible.

You must be walking on air now. Just the last few weeks at work and then the packing. EEEKKK!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
12 weeks - what a nightmare - it seems to be standard now to stretch the whole thing out as long as possible.

You must be walking on air now. Just the last few weeks at work and then the packing. EEEKKK!
Yep it's carzy isn't it taking that long. And there is no chain so lord knows how long it would have taken if there was.

I feel like a huge boulder has been lifted from my shoulders, I might even sleep tonight
Old Jun 12th 2008, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

12 weeks, no wonder you are a wreck!

Fantastic news on the exchange, you're very very nearly there and you know they are tied to completion now, phew!!

We are now on week 9 after accepting a very low offer on the basis that we would exchange after 6 weeks.
They just keep coming up with one excuse after another, we have no chain either so there really is no excuse at all, we are dangerously close to jacking it all in, can't take much more of this

Really pleased for you, enjoy your packing!

Sam
Old Jun 12th 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

we've got a viewing

for monday!
oh was on the phone with the EA and apparently a developer who's looking for a 4 bed house with tennants already lined up

please please please
Old Jun 12th 2008, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mOZzy
we've got a viewing

for monday!
oh was on the phone with the EA and apparently a developer who's looking for a 4 bed house with tennants already lined up

please please please
Fingers crossed for you
Caroline
Old Jun 12th 2008, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

we've got a viewing

for monday!

please please please

Fingers crossed mozzy, hope these are the ones for you
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

we've got a viewing

for monday!

please please please
Good luck Mozzy - I hope this works for you.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:08 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo - finally some good news on this thread.

I'm sure the next 6 weeks will just fly by for you.

we've got a viewing

for monday!

please please please
Excellent news Mozzy. Fingers crossed for you.

No news from me here. Apart from EA reckons we should drop the price again. I can see my dream house slowly slipping through my fingers.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

dreamhouse

we'll end up with a few blanks put together somewhere on the beach covered with palmleaves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.