Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jun 12th 2008, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Right. Just typed a letter to solicitor asking for exchange in advance of completion....in a months time! Well if you don't ask you don't get. I just want to make sure that our buyers buyer is not going to drop out. Would hate to get 3 months down the line and then lose them. Keep your fingers crossed they agree!
you go girl!!! - everything crossed for you!!

for some strange reason i've just received a letter from our solicitor with further requests for our recent house 'sale' - ehm, is there something going on and i don't know it?!?!?!?!?!?
or more likely the solicitor has no clue of the changed situation
Old Jun 12th 2008, 10:36 am
Just Joined

capo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by michell
been on market 8 weeks and no viewers, rang our new EA and he gave me the % of people looking at our property and said they are good , but no one is coming forward, he thinks its the price, so advised us to drop it again, me and DH had already decided on this before the call, so we are now on the market at £209,995 reduced from £217,995 originally on mrket at £225,000

and guess what we have also done , only gone and added our chrysler voyager in with the price

EA thinks its a good move and said things like that clinche the deal , so new price and car go on the market tomorrow morning

what do you think of our chances lol

michell
I've read an article where a guy was throwing in his Porsche with the house sale, but I just hope it works out for you. (BTW this is a new thread)

Obviously you've thought this through, but whilst your plan might be very promotionally eye-catching and help make it stand out from the normal in the EA or paper or Rightmove, does it perhaps risk turning some possible buyers away?

I'm really am not trying to put a downer on the idea but just thinking it through.

My sister and her husband are actively looking FTB-ers and they both have their own cars. Fuel "economical" cars as well, or 1.2/1.4 small engined whatever you call them, bought new but now 4 years and 6 years old, both just MOT'd and serviced, and I know they want to keep running them for years to come.

For them I'm just thinking a "free car" wouldn't have too much appeal, but would be just something they would have to dispose of / sell. Although other people of course could be ideal for.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:11 am
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by capo
I've read an article where a guy was throwing in his Porsche with the house sale, but I just hope it works out for you. (BTW this is a new thread)

Obviously you've thought this through, but whilst your plan might be very promotionally eye-catching and help make it stand out from the normal in the EA or paper or Rightmove, does it perhaps risk turning some possible buyers away?

I'm really am not trying to put a downer on the idea but just thinking it through.

My sister and her husband are actively looking FTB-ers and they both have their own cars. Fuel "economical" cars as well, or 1.2/1.4 small engined whatever you call them, bought new but now 4 years and 6 years old, both just MOT'd and serviced, and I know they want to keep running them for years to come.

For them I'm just thinking a "free car" wouldn't have too much appeal, but would be just something they would have to dispose of / sell. Although other people of course could be ideal for.
hiya,

yes i see where you are coming from, but the EA has said he will say to them the car is included in the price if they they want it, not that they have to have it, it is a nice car though a Chrysler Voyager, 7 seater people carrier sliding side doors , air con etc etc, if you have a quick google on the car you will see what a lovely car it is , ours is 8 yrs old so not new but the EA said it works etc and even if the people dont require it they will have it just to sell it on and get some money back after buying the property.

michell
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:22 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Had a bit of a depressing morning. Found out that the DD of a friend is very unhappy. My friend died 3 years ago and her OH has remarried. They are not looking after his daughter very well and her grandmother was telling me how worried she is. Poor little girl is the same age as mine and I wish I could go and snatch her and bring her to live with us.
Hi FA sorry to hear that about your friends daughter.

I was in a very similar situation to you a good few years ago when I first met my nephew who was 3 at the time.

Please I am not saying this will happen, but this is my own experience.

I was always concerned that his mum and dad didn't care for him as I thought he needed I had a child a similar age and could see things werent right he just looked so unhappy all the time (no physical abuse)

We always made every effort to take him on holiday and outings with us but he always looked so sad. My friends for years knew I was always worried about him and wished I could like you snatch him to come live with us.

He would have been 21 now he took his own life when he was 18.

I have no doubt that my BIL loved him and he is old with grief now and its is awful to see, but if things could have been so different.

I'm not saying thats the reason he took his life there were a few factors but he never left a note so we are all guessing.

Is there no way you can approach the father on her behalf, I know its so hard, but if I could go back and make my BIL and SIL aware I would in a heartbeat.

Best wishes

Kaye x
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hi FA sorry to hear that about your friends daughter.

I was in a very similar situation to you a good few years ago when I first met my nephew who was 3 at the time.

Please I am not saying this will happen, but this is my own experience.

I was always concerned that his mum and dad didn't care for him as I thought he needed I had a child a similar age and could see things werent right he just looked so unhappy all the time (no physical abuse)

We always made every effort to take him on holiday and outings with us but he always looked so sad. My friends for years knew I was always worried about him and wished I could like you snatch him to come live with us.

He would have been 21 now he took his own life when he was 18.

I have no doubt that my BIL loved him and he is old with grief now and its is awful to see, but if things could have been so different.

I'm not saying thats the reason he took his life there were a few factors but he never left a note so we are all guessing.

Is there no way you can approach the father on her behalf, I know its so hard, but if I could go back and make my BIL and SIL aware I would in a heartbeat.

Best wishes

Kaye x
Thanks Kaye. What a terrible thing to happen. I'm so sorry you had to go through this.

I will try to have a word with her Dad - he is a nice bloke, but just besotted with his new (much younger) wife and busy at work all the time. He loves his Daughter - I don't doubt that, but he just has no common sense. My friend - his late wife was the organiser and sensible one. He has now married this young girl who resents having to look after his child and doesn't even see it as her job and he supports her view because he doesn't want to lose her.

There are a group of us who are all concerned, so maybe we could hatch a plan. TBH I feel that Social Services should be involved.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Kaye. What a terrible thing to happen. I'm so sorry you had to go through this.

I will try to have a word with her Dad - he is a nice bloke, but just besotted with his new (much younger) wife and busy at work all the time. He loves his Daughter - I don't doubt that, but he just has no common sense. My friend - his late wife was the organiser and sensible one. He has now married this young girl who resents having to look after his child and doesn't even see it as her job and he supports her view because he doesn't want to lose her.

There are a group of us who are all concerned, so maybe we could hatch a plan. TBH I feel that Social Services should be involved.
I'm not for 1 minute this is what is happening but have you seen all this 1st hand or is it just the grandmother telling you?

As grief can make people see things in a different light and some can just get carried away.

I know my ex mother in law (and the rest of the inlaws) saw me as a right bitch because I left her son!!! (know no one died) she alway slags me off to who ever but forget to tell them that I gave my ex our house and all the contents all the money in the bank haven't touched his pension or shares and made sure our boys where split half the time with me and the other with him so never took his kids away,paid for everything they needed (still am).

But to her I made everyone's life hell

Also this other woman might find it hard trying not to replace the little girls mother.

I not saying the grandmother is over reacting but even my mother slags me off when it comes to my kids cos I'm not doing things the way she likes them done and my mother was one of the worst mother in the world.

I hope this all gets sorted soon mainly for the little girl cos she is the one that matters the most xxx.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

A bit of good news for this thread for once... we've just exchanged contracts on our house so the buyers are tied in to selling to us now!

These things can work out- keep the faith.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hereshoping
A bit of good news for this thread for once... we've just exchanged contracts on our house so the buyers are tied in to selling to us now!

Woo Hoo great news when are you looking at leaving?
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Be very careful - it can have unforseen repercussions, not just for the girl. Go through health visitor or school rather than the SS. I know of one person who involved the SS professionally and had to move to protect her own family from threats- not trying to scare you off, but please think carefully.Caroline
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

YEEHAAR!
Caroline
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When do you hope to be 'off'??

I planted my St Joe on Wednesday - also got a St Jude thrown in for an extra couple of quid!!! Do you say a prayer every day or just when you plant it??!!?? How crazuy do I sound.

So peed off - with Whitegates now - they only advertise about once a month - 6 weeks as 'rely on internet more and werent getting feedback from paper adverts. Thought we were on Rightmove, guess what, no, they are currently in 'negotiations' with Think.co.uk I think she said so I suppose that means we arent advertised with anyone?? So angry - on the Whitegates website it states they use Rightmove. Do you think I could get out of my 12 week contract with this and move to someone else???? No advertising at all apart from the Whitegates website - so cross its untrue - the woman is really nice but obviously full of sh*t
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:03 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news congratulations
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina
I'm not for 1 minute this is what is happening but have you seen all this 1st hand or is it just the grandmother telling you?

As grief can make people see things in a different light and some can just get carried away.

I know my ex mother in law (and the rest of the inlaws) saw me as a right bitch because I left her son!!! (know no one died) she alway slags me off to who ever but forget to tell them that I gave my ex our house and all the contents all the money in the bank haven't touched his pension or shares and made sure our boys where split half the time with me and the other with him so never took his kids away,paid for everything they needed (still am).

But to her I made everyone's life hell

Also this other woman might find it hard trying not to replace the little girls mother.

I not saying the grandmother is over reacting but even my mother slags me off when it comes to my kids cos I'm not doing things the way she likes them done and my mother was one of the worst mother in the world.

I hope this all gets sorted soon mainly for the little girl cos she is the one that matters the most xxx.
I hear what you are saying. I saw with my own eyes this morning that she had no coat. I asked her Dad and he said she had lost it 6 weeks ago. I have seen her unhappy too. The rest of the info I have been told by different people who have seen different things. You are right though, the idea of neglect comes from the grandmother. The other stuff which I know to be true could be down to lack of organisation and being a bit stupid. Bloomin heck, it's a hard one.

GREAT NEWS!!!!!
So pleased for you.

MOZZY - I think the car is a great idea!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by corgi
I am trying Icarus, honest.
I am with you there hon......our house is for sale in derbyshire too.........market seems sh*t....only one viewer in over 4 months, and although they liked the house, they still have theirs to sell.......

It really does get you down......but it will happen (fingers crossed its soon....)

Karma oming straight at you...........................
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:10 pm
aka DORIS

My friends kept telling me to go to SS but my gut reaction was no to be honest.

I grew up with my parents fostering siblings and I knew that it was not quite the same as he was experiencing.

I have no doubt they loved him but they could not show it and they would give him to who ever would babysit.

They didnt go to school plays, football matches, sports days nothing and it would break my heart seeing him at school functions as he scoured the room looking for them.

If only things had have been different for him x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.