Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by TMRE
I have got £1.91 in my pocket, I am offering £1.61 for it though, it's as high as I can go as I will need the rest for the refurb. You have to take it off the market though

oh and I want carpets, curtains and light fittings for that as well!

I will have to think about it!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
I will have to think about it!
OK i thought about it :curse: BOG OFF!!!!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

OH s***!!! Im really worried now! I have jsut told potential buyer to bog off! Do you think i was a bit hasty?? what would you have done? suppose i dont get another offer? oooooooh this house selling stuff is far worse than the visa please someone telll me i havent made a massive mistake??
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

[QUOTE=somme;5350175]Welcome hope you don't have to hang about with us lot for too long

Thanks Somme!
Yeah me too ya bunch of fruitcakes
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Thanks too daunted!
Sounds like you have had a right time of it!! Don't take this the wrong way but I don't want any of that stuff!!! Had our EA around tonight was thinking they allseem soooooo positive when they have new clients.....bet they're not like it in a month or 12!!!!!
No No No gotta be positive
Best of luck........
Keep you all posted
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:57 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

OKIES _ an update from me after a phone call from EA not so long back!

My lady who offered £25k under asking price has upped her offer by £2.5k - I refused (its still nearly £23k UNDER asking price which has already been reduced £5k) She is currently thinking whether to up her offer any more.

Lady down the road who has viewed twice told EA she def wants to put in an offfer but cant until her husband has at least seen it!! Not sure what to make of that one! She has told EA she will ring her back tomorrow. EA told her i have offers on the table so dont be long

Chap who came on Saturday is coming back tomorrow for another look. Im showing him around so gonna do some fishing

All in all lots seems to be happening BUT no bloody progress

Two words spring to mind

CHEEKY BITCH

25K under.....you did right telling her to BOG OFF !!!!!!!!!!

bloody hell theses people are trying to take the piss out of us house sellers.....i think we should strike.....NO more viewers !!!!

Ok ok maybe thats a bit extreme ...... But its getting to me now !!!

++++++ vines to al you lot out there
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

Just come upstairs to turn my computer off before bed and checked my emails. Blow me, there is an email from the buyers who pulled out in July -

Just wondering how things are going with the house sale and if you are still interested in discussing an offer.

I'm going to bed to think about it! Advice welcome!

Daunted - don't accept £25k under. At £150K the most you should drop is £10K and that's pushing it if you've already dropped the price.

Hope things go well for everyone in house selling land tomorrow.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:41 pm
HCJ
Forum Regular

HCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the rough

OH s***!!! Im really worried now! I have jsut told potential buyer to bog off! Do you think i was a bit hasty?? what would you have done? suppose i dont get another offer? oooooooh this house selling stuff is far worse than the visa please someone telll me i havent made a massive mistake??
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/pdf/p/hpi...7thSep2007.pdf

UK house prices dropped 2.6% in August! I'd be wary about telling any more people to stick their offers. They're not making low offers to offend you or be an arse, they're trying to get the best deal on one of the biggest financial commitments of their lives.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HCJ
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/pdf/p/hpi...7thSep2007.pdf

UK house prices dropped 2.6% in August! I'd be wary about telling any more people to stick their offers. They're not making low offers to offend you or be an arse, they're trying to get the best deal on one of the biggest financial commitments of their lives.
House prices have gone down by 2.6%, they have offered Daunted a reduction of 16.66%

I would not consider taking less than 10K off the price of a house worth 150K
stick with it Daunted you have time on your side
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well after loosing our buyer yesterday, we now have 2 viewing today

With the first buyer, it's a company relocation package and they are buying the house Bloody lucky buggers. Fingers crossed with that one as it will be cash.

The second one, not so sure as I don't think she has sold yet - but apparenly she is selling her property to a friend.

I will let you know how it goes.

Daunted ... don't sell it less than 10 grand of your asking price, bloody cheek if they try it.

Mandy
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice

Great this house selling lark, a !!

Think I've lost the will to live, only been on the market 5 weeks and the first people to see it put in a great offer in which I accepted, then the swines pulled out after a couple of weeks, so now I'm back to polishing and hoovering on a daily basis and sent the kids to an ophanage to keep the house tidy.

Oh well lets wish each other good luck for the rest of the week.

Christina X
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Well, after cleaning all morning got up at 6.30 am , I have two new EA coming round today, lets see what waffle they give me and how many buyers they have got on there books
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:36 am
HCJ
Forum Regular

HCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by somme
House prices have gone down by 2.6%, they have offered Daunted a reduction of 16.66%

I would not consider taking less than 10K off the price of a house worth 150K
stick with it Daunted you have time on your side
It's not "worth" 150k if nobody will offer that.

I wasn't counselling Daunted to accept this offer just pointing out the market is heading down and sentiment has turned so she needs to be very careful about rejecting offers.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HCJ
It's not "worth" 150k if nobody will offer that.

I wasn't counselling Daunted to accept this offer just pointing out the market is heading down and sentiment has turned so she needs to be very careful about rejecting offers.
I would agree but it has not turned so much that you have to take a drop of over 16%

America has just cut its rates by .50%, we normally follow so lets hope next month the bank of England do the same and interest rates will fall giving more confidence in the market.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:43 am
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, after last night's email asking if the house is still for sale, I've just emailed my ex - buyer to say we would consider an offer. Hope they don't come back with an insulting amount!

Needing lots of houseselling karma here!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.