Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:02 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by eddie007
had the ex EA phone this morning to re offer the offer I rejected yesterday...

I confirmed that I had rejected that offer... And now he has just phoned back to confirm he had NOT spoken to the chap who made the offer yesterday today but the offer still stands and I reconfirmed I will not be accepting that offer.

He then asked what offer I would accept to which I replied an offer of the full asking price thank you.

He said that he was getting the feeling that I didn't want to sell through them ... I said I would be happy to talk to him again if the offerer yesterday increases the offer to the full asking price.

He said the offer made yesterday and twice today whioch I have now rejected THREE times was an offer from a cash buyer... I said that was very nice for the buyer to have cash, but really it is of no concern to me how they arrange to fund the purchase of a house. If they want to buy the house..... they should they be putting in an offer which I accept.

Anyone follow that? Does it make sense?

AM I missing the point here? wasn't the estate agent meant to be working for me?

Why is MY (ex) EA phoning ME and trying to sell ME a below market value offer?

reading you loud an clear get the feeling that your EA wants to sell your house quickly for what ever the price. instead of hounding you he should be calling prospective buyer encouraging them to up their offer not to difficult to understand
good luck
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:20 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

How much was it under ........a cash offer means no chain , was it that low it wasn't worth considering?.....
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I've done my maths...

every 1,000 we take less than the asking price will pay the remaining mortagage, rates + insurances for 7 months...

my logic being ..... 10k less is 70 months I could have kept it as it is.. which over 5 years ...

I can afford for it to be on the market for 5 yrs.... before I loose 10k

The guy who has put in this offer hasn't seen it finished and intitially put in an offer of 20k under asking price.... whilst we were still working on it. He is looking for an investment buy to let...

No other buyer (other than the ones who didn't actually make it through the door as there was no off road parking and that was number 1 on their list of priorities) has been shown around as yet

I would like it to have been seen by a few potential buyers and for it to have been on the market a while before I drop a whole 10k

cash buyer would be good for a quick hassle free sale, but to be honest every penny counts.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:31 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

I've done my maths...

every 1,000 we take less than the asking price will pay the remaining mortagage, rates + insurances for 7 months...

my logic being ..... 10k less is 70 months I could have kept it as it is.. which over 5 years ...

The guy who has put in this offer hasn't seen it finished and intitially put in an offer of 20k under asking price.... whilst we were still working on it. He is looking for an investment buy to let...

No other buyer (other than the ones who didn't actually make it through the door as there was no off road parking and that was number 1 on their list of priorities) has been shown around as yet

I would like it to have been seen by a few potential buyers and for it to have been on the market a while before I drop a whole 10k

cash buyer would be good for a quick hassle free sale, but to be honest every penny counts.
Looks like our last viewer wont be buying...the garden is too small for their kids 13foot overground pool and 10ft trampoline..

Another viewer had all the boxes ticked on our house apart from where to put their kids 19foottrampoline!!!! God give me strength...back to the hoover.....!!!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:35 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by want2bthere
well................we havent got a buyer yet either god this has been going on forever seriously. havent had a viewing for weeks and the ones we have had loved the house but lacking 4th bed!. so think we're now gonna start palnning permission for extension. we certainly dont make things easy on ourselves.
so the plan is to get permission, steve to build extension, sell for lots of dosh and be in aus by 16th dec cos this is when we have to validate by! think this whole process has scrambled my brain but i live in hope.
good luck to all those trying to sell

x
You reckon you can get it built by then?? OH is builder and I usually have to wait 7 years for any project started on my house to get finished!! (And that is only cos he wants to sell it then!! HA!)
Good luck!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

7 years? ... I waited 10 for my hallway stairs and landing just to be redecorated .... and my OH is a panal beater... so there is no excuse!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

I've done my maths...

But can you be living your life in Oz, without selling the house
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes...

we will rent until our house sells, which is not a bad thing because it will stop me making rash house purchases... we can settle into australia, get to grips with every day life and then once it sells start looking for a property to buy...

I have set up power of attourney here in the uk to handle our affairs and my Estate Agent has email to keep me informed... There is nothing that can't be handled from the other side of the world... honestly, it may even be easier than here as I will have distance ... makes me more rational...

We have 10k to start up with, and we will live off of my wages, like we did before when Ian was my house husband... I think that's a pretty good start to our life in Australia... we aren't going for an upgrade as far as income/ expenditure is concerned , there will be no major changes to our habits... we wont suddenly start spend spend spend, unless the heat gets to me!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

yes...

we will rent until our house sells, which is not a bad thing because it will stop me making rash house purchases... we can settle into australia, get to grips with every day life and then once it sells start looking for a property to buy...

I have set up power of attourney here in the uk to handle our affairs and my Estate Agent has email to keep me informed... There is nothing that can't be handled from the other side of the world... honestly, it may even be easier than here as I will have distance ... makes me more rational...

We have 10k to start up with, and we will live off of my wages, like we did before when Ian was my house husband... I think that's a pretty good start to our life in Australia... we aren't going for an upgrade as far as income/ expenditure is concerned , there will be no major changes to our habits... we wont suddenly start spend spend spend, unless the heat gets to me!

Just to say that I really admire your stength and composure - wish I had half of it!

I have had a call from the EA and am showing someone round on Bank Holiday Monday morning!! Someone from out of the area, no chain and keen to move quickly!! Oh yeah and mortgage in place! Keep your fingers crossed everyone pleeeeeeasee let this be the one. with a quick sale my plan of being in Oz before Christmas may JUST happen Im going to show her round myself - that way i can give the personal touch. Oh and my new 'story' for having no chain is that i am movin in with my boyfriend in town so no rush WHY didnt i think of that one before

Last edited by daunted; Aug 24th 2007 at 9:57 am. Reason: more info
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

you have a new boyfriend? congratulations

I can't decieve the EA as the whole world knows we are going... I'm just doing the I can wait thing..... which I can.... so isn't an immaculate deception ...

Hopefully it wont be too long, but I guess that I will see something I LOVE and HAVE TO HAVE as soon as we arrive and will be distraught because I could have brought it but can't right now...

Good luck with the viewing... here's hoping that it isn't a time waster, especially on a bank holiday monday...
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:28 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Just to say that I really admire your stength and composure - wish I had half of it!

I have had a call from the EA and am showing someone round on Bank Holiday Monday morning!! Someone from out of the area, no chain and keen to move quickly!! Oh yeah and mortgage in place! Keep your fingers crossed everyone pleeeeeeasee let this be the one. with a quick sale my plan of being in Oz before Christmas may JUST happen Im going to show her round myself - that way i can give the personal touch. Oh and my new 'story' for having no chain is that i am movin in with my boyfriend in town so no rush WHY didnt i think of that one before
Ooh that sounds promising!
Fingers (and everything else!) crossed for you.
Adele
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daunted

Oh my, EA just phoned got a viewer in half an hour just been running around like a mad women putting things in cupboards, cash buyer no chain.

Fingers crossed everyone.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:50 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Oh my, EA just phoned got a viewer in half an hour just been running around like a mad women putting things in cupboards, cash buyer no chain.

all these cash buyers turning up - can someone send one to me
good luck with the viewing - now get yourself off BE and get the vacuum out!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme

emergency karma sent - let us know how it goes xx
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Ooh that sounds promising!
Fingers (and everything else!) crossed for you.
Adele

Adele its probably a good idea not to cross your legs until monday morning cos you may fall over But thanks anyway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.