Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by mOZzy
hello everyone!
i hope you don't mind me joining the house selling hell

our house is on the market so 6 weeks now.
we had 1 viewing for yesterday which was cancelled 1 hour before they were due (:curse - and we've got another one for tomorrow!

but i agree: how on earth do you keep everything clean and tidy with 3 monsters (oh included )

BS congrats on your anniversary. blimey 23 years together - was it preschool
Hi Mozzy! Welcome to the thread.

You've obviously enjoyed one of the lovely aspects of house selling already. What nasty people to cancel on you at such short notice - did they rebook??? At least the house is clean for tomorrow. Although, as you say, it's hard to keep it clean.

Sad to report that OH and I were in the 6th form when we met and not preschool..... which makes us very old indeed.

You're headed for Adelaide aren't you? We are too.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:13 am
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning BS - what a strange coincidence! Did you do anything nice for your anniversary? We might go out tonight, but DD will have to come with us...

Good luck with your viewing! Fingers crossed that this is the one!
We went to a new Indian restaurant that we had heard good reviews about and I have to say it was fab and will definitely being going there again!

Hope you have a good night.

BS
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

thanks

oh yes, i am not a happy bunny with them having cancelled! OH had to calm me down .. with some chocolate [that's the 2nd bad sideline to the houseselling dilemma: you have to find something to get you through it all. be it chocolate or alcohol ]

6th form .. that'll make you 29 right?!

yep, adelaide for us! have you been yet? we haven't and we won't .. well, the BIG move obviously!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Sky
We went to a new Indian restaurant that we had heard good reviews about and I have to say it was fab and will definitely being going there again!

Hope you have a good night.

BS
LOL, we got engaged in an indian restaurant. (How romantic... OH said, what are you doing on the 28th March and I said I don't know, and then he said, you do now, I've booked the registry office.... it was 2 weeks away - major panic - men!)

Glad you had a good meal. We are partial to a nice indian but DD is not keen. As she is only 8, we can't really leave her at home.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thanks

oh yes, i am not a happy bunny with them having cancelled! OH had to calm me down .. with some chocolate [that's the 2nd bad sideline to the houseselling dilemma: you have to find something to get you through it all. be it chocolate or alcohol ]

6th form .. that'll make you 29 right?!

yep, adelaide for us! have you been yet? we haven't and we won't .. well, the BIG move obviously!
I hate it when people cancel.:curse:

I'm afraid that I have turned to both chocolate and alcohol during the visa process. However, I have knocked the alcohol on the head for a while as it was becoming a habit.

Yup we're 29!

We went out to Adelaide last Easter. We are on a sponsored visa as our only option. We have been to Oz before, but only spent 3 days in SA, so I wnted to check that I could live there before committing myself to it for 2 years. All my family are in NSW, so we might move on after the 2 years if we can't settle. However, there is no reason we won't settle if you know what I mean. It is a great city for families - not overpowering and huge like Sydney or Melbourne. You should be fine.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:29 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

May the good weather be the start of lots of offers!
It's raining today.

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
You know J, I said exactly the same thing...the weather was beautiful for days and not a dicky bird...the weather was lashing down and brrrrrrm brrrrrrrm, we have a viewer for you. Aaaaaarrrrgggggh, then muddy toots around our place if we're not around to ask for shoes off please. (I sound awful!!)

Thanks Icarus, have you had your interview yet?

Am going to keep pestering them in the hope that they beg the buyer's solicitors to get these annoying people off their back lol!

Will be taking a camera in, so will be capturing the fun. I'm sure the inflatable roo costume was a joke, please... Freedom, oh yes Fly Away, six years, a few tears and now freedom calls

<She's losing it..quickly people...save her from herself...>
We're doing the viewings ourselves, so I always make them take their shoes off. I don't want to have to try and clean up muddy footprints on top of all the cleaning I'm doing.

You go girl. Keep on their backs.

Hopefully your last day won't be too traumatic. If it is, console yourself with a nice bottle of wine when you get home.

Originally Posted by egghead4
hello everyone

god you lot are manic, i havent been on here for a few days, and its like missing a weeks worth - you lot can certainly bloody talk the hind legs of a donkey
well, just to update you about my progress.........NOT!!
havent had a whiff of a viewer in weeks, I have given the existing ea 28 days notice and instructed a new one to take over as soon as the 28 days expire. we have also reduced the price of the house in an attempt to sell.
bloody hell, someones got to have some good news surely?
bec
I know Bec, chatty lot aren't they.

Good gluck with the new EA, with lots of viewers and offers heading your way.

She'd better show them to us.

Morning Tum, how are you today? Any luck with your new EA?

Raining here today. Also our wedding anniversay. 18 years married, 23 years living together and 25 years we've known each other. EEEEK I'm old! (We did go to school together - that's my excuse!)

Good luck to everyone with house selling today!
Happy Anniversary FA.

Morning all in house selling land,
Not much to report here, it has been pretty quiet for the past few weeks but have a viewing tonight.

Fly Away congratulations on your wedding anniversary. It was mine yesterday and similar to you as we have been married 19 yrs and together for 25. We also went to school together! Bless!

Good luck to everyone. I better get cleaning!

BS
Happy Anniversary for yesterday.

Good luck for your viewing tonight. Happy cleaning.

hello everyone!

we had 1 viewing for yesterday which was cancelled 1 hour before they were due - and we've got another one for tomorrow!

but i agree: how on earth do you keep everything clean and tidy with 3 monsters (oh included)
Welcome Mozzy.

It's so annoying when they cancel, at least they did cancel and just not bother showing up.

Good luck for the viewing tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Good luck everyone for some viewings this weekend.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:32 am
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

LOL, we got engaged in an indian restaurant. (How romantic... OH said, what are you doing on the 28th March and I said I don't know, and then he said, you do now, I've booked the registry office.... it was 2 weeks away - major panic - men!)

Glad you had a good meal. We are partial to a nice indian but DD is not keen. As she is only 8, we can't really leave her at home.

We met in the 6th Form too! My best mate fancied him at the time and it wasn't until a couple of years later that we got together. Have to say he did break my friends heart!

The restaurant we went to had an English menu as well and there were a few children in. If you go early you should be fine.

How romantic of your OH to book the wedding. You obviously have no regrets after all this time.

My 15 yr old daughter told me yesterday that she can't imagine spending 25 yrs with the same person! At 15 I'm sure I couldn't either!

BS
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:37 am
Professional Dreamer!

hello everyone!

we had 1 viewing for yesterday which was cancelled 1 hour before they were due (:curse - and we've got another one for tomorrow!

but i agree: how on earth do you keep everything clean and tidy with 3 monsters (oh included )

BS congrats on your anniversary. blimey 23 years together - was it preschool
Hi Mozzy,
Welcome to the happy land of selling houses!
Good luck with the viewing tomorrow and the cleaning.
BS
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:38 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

WOOHOO! WE GOT A VIEWER.

Tomorrow at 10am.

Better get cleaning then.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:42 am
Professional Dreamer!

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
WOOHOO! WE GOT A VIEWER.

Tomorrow at 10am.

Congratulations!
Happy cleaning!
I better go and start mine!
Good luck everyone!
BS
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:45 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

my dad did a similar thing with my mum.

she just found out she was pregnant with my brother, she was in the nursey at my grandads, watering the plants. He came in, started talking and as he left he just said

"we're getting married on wednesday"

and left. mum stood there open mouthed, watering the floor. that was Friday.

THAT'S a panic.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Happy Anniversary FA.

Thanks Janine. I had to remind my OH 2 days ago as we have both forgotten for the past 3 years....

We met in the 6th Form too! My best mate fancied him at the time and it wasn't until a couple of years later that we got together. Have to say he did break my friends heart!

The restaurant we went to had an English menu as well and there were a few children in. If you go early you should be fine.

How romantic of your OH to book the wedding. You obviously have no regrets after all this time.

My 15 yr old daughter told me yesterday that she can't imagine spending 25 yrs with the same person! At 15 I'm sure I couldn't either!

BS
LOL, I can't imagine spending 25 years with the same person... and I've done it. My OH was in my group of friends at school and followed me round for a few years before asking me out. Then he had the cheek to dump me. But he did come crawling back after a few months when he found out that I was engaged to somebody else....

I don't know about romantic - he wanted to avoid a huge family wedding and all the complications it involved.... our families were furious about it.

No regrets as not many men would put up with me.

WOOHOO! WE GOT A VIEWER.

Tomorrow at 10am.::

YAY!! Well done! Good luck. Fingers crossed etc. Get that mop out!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

I hate it when people cancel.

I'm afraid that I have turned to both chocolate and alcohol during the visa process. However, I have knocked the alcohol on the head for a while as it was becoming a habit.

Yup we're 29

We went out to Adelaide last Easter. We are on a sponsored visa as our only option. We have been to Oz before, but only spent 3 days in SA, so I wnted to check that I could live there before committing myself to it for 2 years. All my family are in NSW, so we might move on after the 2 years if we can't settle. However, there is no reason we won't settle if you know what I mean. It is a great city for families - not overpowering and huge like Sydney or Melbourne. You should be fine.

at least you are willing to give it a go and maybe not move in 2 years yet again!!! although i can imagine having family closer could be nice .... hmmm, or maybe not

It's raining today.

yep, i realised you are rather close to us - that's why it's raining here too

We're doing the viewings ourselves, so I always make them take their shoes off. I don't want to have to try and clean up muddy footprints on top of all the cleaning I'm doing.

phewww, thanks for the advice. i wasn't sure how to go about this one!

Welcome Mozzy.

It's so annoying when they cancel, at least they did cancel and just not bother showing up.

Good luck for the viewing tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

cheers

WOOHOO! WE GOT A VIEWER.

Tomorrow at 10am.

great news!!! everything crossed for you!!

kidless at the moment - both are at nursery till 12!
so sitting and watching tv while chatting to you with a nice cupper and chocolate chip cookies
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky

my dad did a similar thing with my mum.

she just found out she was pregnant with my brother, she was in the nursey at my grandads, watering the plants. He came in, started talking and as he left he just said

"we're getting married on wednesday"

and left. mum stood there open mouthed, watering the floor. that was Friday.

THAT'S a panic.
OMG! I thought I had no notice! Everyone assumed that I was preganant and were very confused when we didn't have any children for another 10 years.

at least you are willing to give it a go and maybe not move in 2 years yet again!!! although i can imagine having family closer could be nice .... hmmm, or maybe not

We are hoping that we don't have to move, but at the same time, at least we have that option... My cousins have subdivided their plot in Sydney and I would have loved to buy it and build next to them.. probably won't happen now.

kidless at the moment - both are at nursery till 12!
so sitting and watching tv while chatting to you with a nice cupper and chocolate chip cookies
Sounds lovely, I'm not dressed yet and DD has only just got up. (School holidays!)
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

never say never - and maybe you'll fall in love with adelaide!!

nothing wrong with a day in your pj's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.