Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by wardy2
I can't believe it, after all her hardwork I wonder if she will go and validate and perhaps change her mind in a couple of years.

What a shame

like you FA i'm still in shock
I agree - validate that visa - that way you buy yourselves thinking time.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Beth, don't know what to say other than...

...sometimes when things "fall into place" it can be hard to accept and the panic sets in. Try to sleep on it if you can.

Beth, there are tightly squeezed hugs in my post, you have been through so much.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Beth's extended signature;

Extended Signature:
Decided to Emigrate - 2005
Started Court Proceedings - July 06
First Court Hearing - Oct 06
Cafcass Interview - Nov 07
Second Court Hearing - Dec 06
Cafcass Interview - Feb 07
Appointed agent - Feb 07
Started Skills Assessment (IEA) - Feb 07
Third Court Hearing - Feb 07
Skills assessment sent - April 07
Cafcass Interview - April 07
Fourth Court Hearing - April 07
Court Order Granted to stop Contact with ex - April 07
Skills assessment approved - May 07
Fifth Court Hearing - May 07
Court Order to change daughter's surname - May 07
Got the 4 childrens' passports - May 07
Applied for SIR sponsorship (as a backup plan) - May 07
Booked IELTS Test - May 07
Started getting work references - June 07
Approved SIR sponsorship - June 07
Applied for Pre-Medical Report - June 07
IELTS Test sat - 07/07/07
IELTS Test passed (L - 9, R - 9, W - 8.5, S - 9, - Overall score 9) - 23/07/07
Cafcass Interview - July 07
Final Court Hearing - July 07
Court Order Grant for Removal From Jurisdiction - July 07
Residency Order Granted - July 07
Parental Responsibility Order Granted (for OH) - August 07
Last work reference finally back - Sept 07
Agent refused to submit online!!!! - Sept 07
Bank Manager certified all documents for free - 10/09/07
Submitted 175 online (ourselves!!) - 10/09/07
Payment taken - 10/09/07
TRN received - 10/09/07
Application Received, Processing Commenced (pre ack) - 10/09/07
PCC's sent for - 10/09/07
Application being processed further - 11/09/07
Sacked agent - 12/09/07
Appointed new agent - 13/09/07
Finished uploading all documents - 17/09/07
Pre-Medical Report back - 26/09/07 (Phew!!)
Meds & X-Rays done - 26 & 28/09/07
Case Officer (full ack)- 02/10/07
File Ref No - 02/10/07
Meds & Police Checks Requested by CO - 02/10/07
Meds sent to LCU by courier - 04/10/07
Meds received in LCU - 08/10/07
Police checks received by CO - 22/10/07
Meds Finalised - 30/10/07
Everything on Status Page changed to 'met' - 30/11/07
Visa Grant Dated - 30/11/07
Email with Visa Grant - 03/12/07

IF I CAN DO IT.....SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!! STAY STRONG AND DON'T GIVE UP.

Blinkin heck Beth, you've been through some stuff to get that visa, leave the door open hun.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:27 pm
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of

OMG, Just read Beths post and I'm absolutely gobsmacked. Even though I don't write often I am as obsessed with reading BE as a lot of you on here. Hope you change your mind Beth but whatever you decide I'm sure you and your family will be happy. You have entertained me with your posts on many occasions and you will be sadly missed on BE.

Take Care Anne xxx
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry, feel compelled to write this... (sorry if it's waffling )

When things began to fall into place (namely the last couple of weeks) I had a really bad blip, really doubted everything we are doing/plan to do.

It sunk in, really sunk in that things were happening.

The feeling I felt a couple of weeks ago, I have only had once before and I felt terrified.

Really considered pulling out, meanwhile drank a fair bit of alcohol.

Beth, you have gone through the mill and back, please, please don't do anything rash, validation is a real and possible option.

Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

OMG
Just been reading Beths Post I am an Oct appl but often read this thread and the Sept thread.
Beth you and your family have been through so much to get this Visa and I am so sorry to hear that you have decided against it.

Please know that I am thinking about you and hope that you will change your mind

Nadine
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:44 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aus2be
OMG
Just been reading Beths Post I am an Oct appl but often read this thread and the Sept thread.
Beth you and your family have been through so much to get this Visa and I am so sorry to hear that you have decided against it.

Please know that I am thinking about you and hope that you will change your mind

Nadine
Is this for real - Beth not going. I thought when I read it that she must be joking about. Can't believe it.

Nic xx
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickywes
Is this for real - Beth not going. I thought when I read it that she must be joking about. Can't believe it.

Nic xx
Nor me. Beth was the person I really, truely thought would make a go of it.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:56 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Nor me. Beth was the person I really, truely thought would make a go of it.
It is a massive decision for all of us but all that time and money. She was so happy earlier with the Tasmania job etc. and buyer, why? I never think about chucking it all in but sometimes can't see it ever happening.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickywes
It is a massive decision for all of us but all that time and money. She was so happy earlier with the Tasmania job etc. and buyer, why? I never think about chucking it all in but sometimes can't see it ever happening.
I know. Her sister emigrated a few weeks back to Melbourne and managed 3 weeks before flying back last weekend. I bet that really made her think twice. Then the loss of money on the house - that's a killer too.

Beth hun, if you're reading this, validate that visa, feelings can change, house prices can rise. We all know that only you can make the best decision for your family, but leave all avenues open.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Beth hun, if you're reading this, validate that visa, feelings can change, house prices can rise. We all know that only you can make the best decision for your family, but leave all avenues open.
Would second this Beth! After all the outlay & tears etc, leave the door open for a bit longer
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:24 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Just thought I'd let you know that I've got cold feet about the big move..........and finally threw my towel in 2 hours ago.
We're not emigrating........staying here.
House is off the market (buyers will be fuming when they find out.......but sc*ew them!!!) and OH has emailed both job offers to decline them for personal reasons.
Going to take the girls to Disneyland USA later in the year, buy a new 7 seater car and huge plasma tv!!!!
Can't explain what made me decide....apart from being financially floored....LOL.....but I'm totally ok with it.
Won't be back on this site again as I know some of you will try to change my mind.
Really hope things work out for all of you.............and thankyou for all of your help and support this last year.
Signing out for good.......so no pm's please!!!!
Beth x x
Beth,
It would be such a shame if you don't validate. Got to Oz via US, validate that visa and then you have lots of time to decide if it's for you.
Best wishes.
BS
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Would second this Beth! After all the outlay & tears etc, leave the door open for a bit longer

Third this one too.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Just been reading the thread and Beth if you are reading this, I cried for 6 weeks before we came out here, I didn't have the bottle to pull out and I am so glad I didn't. Perfect it it not, more relaxed it is and money you really don't need a lot. After all the hard work at least validate that visa, never say never.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Just thought I'd let you know that I've got cold feet about the big move..........and finally threw my towel in 2 hours ago.
We're not emigrating........staying here.
House is off the market (buyers will be fuming when they find out.......but sc*ew them!!!) and OH has emailed both job offers to decline them for personal reasons.
Going to take the girls to Disneyland USA later in the year, buy a new 7 seater car and huge plasma tv!!!!
Can't explain what made me decide....apart from being financially floored....LOL.....but I'm totally ok with it.
Won't be back on this site again as I know some of you will try to change my mind.
Really hope things work out for all of you.............and thankyou for all of your help and support this last year.
Signing out for good.......so no pm's please!!!!
Beth x x

God I am shocked... Hope you change your mind Beth.. Haven't PM'd you as requested...

Hope everything goes well for you....... Whatever you decide...

Lau xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.