Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Am keeping everything crossed for you. Know what you mean about loose cannons and cash buyers. How are you doing?

Hi and welcome!!!! We're all totally wired here so no chance of keeping calm. :
No news here :curse:
Hiya SparkyW,

Not doing too bad. We've had a chat and if this guy makes an offer, we won't take the house off the market until he has committed to the process. It's the best time of year to sell and we're worried he will just keep his options open and offer on several houses and we will lose a genuine buyer. Might not ever hear from him again of course - that usually happens anyway...

LOL, you still wired?? What a bummer you still haven't heard anything. It's agonising isn't it? Fingers crossed they get back to you tomorrow!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hiya SparkyW,

Not doing too bad. We've had a chat and if this guy makes an offer, we won't take the house off the market until he has committed to the process. It's the best time of year to sell and we're worried he will just keep his options open and offer on several houses and we will lose a genuine buyer. Might not ever hear from him again of course - that usually happens anyway...

I think that is a brilliant idea but hope you do hear from him and he turns out to be the perfect buyer.

LOL, you still wired?? What a bummer you still haven't heard anything. It's agonising isn't it? Fingers crossed they get back to you tomorrow!
I am so wired, my head is shot, am struggling at work in a big way...(mind you lots of us are, so don't think that is entirely me ) and am actually dreading handing in my resignation on Thursday.

The EA just said that they have only looked at ours, are sorting out finances this week. Urrrggggh, bet they don't come back. :curse:

Yep, I've loooooost the plot!!!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I am so wired, my head is shot, am struggling at work in a big way...(mind you lots of us are, so don't think that is entirely me ) and am actually dreading handing in my resignation on Thursday.

The EA just said that they have only looked at ours, are sorting out finances this week. Urrrggggh, bet they don't come back. :curse:

Yep, I've loooooost the plot!!!!
Hi looney

Sending you big hugs ((((())))) Try and concentrate on giving your notice in! Will that be fun? Do you want to tell a certain boss you won't have the pleasure of working for them any more? Gosh, that was polite wasn't it?

Fingers crossed you hear soon!

xxx
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi looney

Sending you big hugs ((((())))) Try and concentrate on giving your notice in! Will that be fun? Do you want to tell a certain boss you won't have the pleasure of working for them any more? Gosh, that was polite wasn't it?

Fingers crossed you hear soon!

xxx
that's me!!! Thanks Fly Away.

Honestly, I have been moaning for the last six years about how much I hate my job, how I am going to leave (but never have) and now I can say, yes I am free, (for another similar job I expect ) but I am scared ****less!!! (I'm spoilt there, hours of work, leave, etc . )

Tomorrow is another day and let's hope it brings us all some good news.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

that's me!!! Thanks Fly Away.

Honestly, I have been moaning for the last six years about how much I hate my job, how I am going to leave (but never have) and now I can say, yes I am free, (for another similar job I expect ) but I am scared ****less!!! (I'm spoilt there, hours of work, leave, etc . )

Tomorrow is another day and let's hope it brings us all some good news.
You'll be fine hun - once you've resigned you can mitch off as much as you like and they won't tell you off. It must be scary though. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday.

Fingers crossed for some news soon to stop the looniness.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:26 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

Evening all.
Gosh you lot have been busy posting today!
EA called to say that the couple who had the second viewing yesterday are very interested but it is above their original budget and are going to speak to their mortgage adviser! If we do get an offer it is likely to be low but at least they like the house which gives us hope!
Fly Away: Hope your viewers put an offer in, sounds good.
BethandAndrew: You should get some viewings with the lower price, good luck.
Wardy2: Good luck with the viewing and happy cleaning!

Good luck to all, we need someone to get an offer soon!!!!!!

BS
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:01 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

This is where we are going wrong!
Attached Thumbnails Whinging Pom House seller-house.jpg  
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:13 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Our estate agents must be suffering due to the lack of sales! Bless!
Attached Thumbnails Whinging Pom House seller-ea.jpg  
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:17 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Getting silly now but had to get to my 100th post somehow, only taken me 2.5 years!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Whinging Pom House seller-garage.jpg  
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi BS! Are you having fun? 2.5 years on BE and 2.5 weeks on the WPHS thread and look what happens.

I am ashamed, I have only been on here 5 months.

Congratulations on your 100th post.

Night everyone. Just came on to turn the pc off and saw BS having fun.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:32 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Morning guys ,

no "quake" damage ?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

No, was just going to bed at the time, felt like a train going past the house , it woke the kids up
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Felt nothing here - how about you Icarus - you are pretty close to the 'epi-centre' aren't you?

Presume you have no damage Spaceys??

Last edited by Fly Away; Feb 27th 2008 at 8:52 am.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:49 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Damn......the earth didn't move for me either
Beth x x
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Good grief you lot have been busy, I was only absent yesterday, trying to sort out this house and not think about selling it for a change

Hope everyone had fun with the candles, I tried mine, but Jason just wasn't taking it seriously at all:

Nicky, hope it wasn't too long a night for you, with all those candles

Big Sky, that is great news about the viewers, fingers crossed for you

Julie, good luck, hope the candles work for us all.

Kaye, welcome to the mad house, Good Luck with the viewing

Flyaway - that sounds promising, fingers crossed for you

Tawkins1, welcome and you will see, we are coming up to a much better time of the year, so we will see some movement soon.

Beth, you will get something with the new price, just give it a couple of weeks and we will be into March and Spring and Easter, all good times to sell apparently.

Thorpes, it is a very emotional time, our neighbour is also or sale and we feel as though we are in competition, we keep reducing ours so they are going to hate us

Sparky Wife, you are not alone, I have lost the plot too

Icarus, no quake damage, but we were running rund the house in our undies wondering what on earth it was, I was convinced we had a burglar or ghost

Spaceys, you had a late night, we went to bed at 10.30, dont know why we bothered as I was still awake ALL night Didn't sleep a wink at all

Well our news, we decided at the weekend to not think about the house, we would concentrate on getting ready for the move as though we were all going in April, which we did yesterday, then last night when Jason got his flight details through, he flys Heathrow to Melbourne on the 3rd April, PANIC se in, we agreed to reduce the house again this time by £19,950 to take us into the lesser price bracket from a search perspective.

When we rang the EA this morning he asked us to wait until later today as he had a family interested who were going to speak to a mortgage advisor, they don't want to look at the house until they know they can afford it - watch this space, rather than cleaning though (Which we need to do as we are still working with the keep messy theory and the house is a tip) we are just sat looking at the phone wishing it would ring and if my dad rings one more time I am going to scream:curse:

Trying not to get excited we have been here before and this would just be too good to be true and the children and I might not be too far behind Jason, which I can't see happening, ohh well. 1st day of Spring on Saturday.

GOOD LUCK everyone,

Tracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.