Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:28 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Just had a viewing seemed keen but who can tell. Fingers crossed!
3 hours cleaning for 15 mins viewing!

Lorna
I know how you feel, it's exhausting isn't it! At least our houses are clean and tidy and we can now relax!

Our viewers didn't seem that interested and their property isn't even on the market yet, apparently is goes on next wednesday.

I think I'm starting to crack up as I'm obsessed with the bedding looking like it's just been put on the beds and as I'd only changed it a couple of days ago and couldn't be bothered to change it again so soon I actually ironed the quilt covers whilst still on the beds, how sad am I? The other thing I'm obsessed with prior to viewings are the toilet seats being left up and I rush round making sure they are down. Is everyone else as daft as me or should I just book myself in the asylum now?

I'm sure moving back to Oz will not be as stressful as trying to sell the house.

BS
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Third time I really hope it all goes through this time for you. Sendin some karma your way

Sam
I know, it's been a nightmare, much worse than the visa application!!

Thanks for the karma, have sent you some back. Good luck with yours!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Big Sky
I know how you feel, it's exhausting isn't it! At least our houses are clean and tidy and we can now relax!

Our viewers didn't seem that interested and their property isn't even on the market yet, apparently is goes on next wednesday.

I think I'm starting to crack up as I'm obsessed with the bedding looking like it's just been put on the beds and as I'd only changed it a couple of days ago and couldn't be bothered to change it again so soon I actually ironed the quilt covers whilst still on the beds, how sad am I? The other thing I'm obsessed with prior to viewings are the toilet seats being left up and I rush round making sure they are down. Is everyone else as daft as me or should I just book myself in the asylum now?

I'm sure moving back to Oz will not be as stressful as trying to sell the house.

BS
think we'll all need to go in the asylum by the time our houses sell!

Lorna
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

BS
Don't worry, I think we're all going a bit mad on here! Agree with the toilet seat thing but haven't resorted to ironing the quilts yet

My obsession is putting everything away, I can't have anything out of place and have lost loads of things as a result of "hiding" them
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

BS
I know what you mean about toilet seats
Originally Posted by dinky2
Don't worry, I think we're all going a bit mad on here! Agree with the toilet seat thing but haven't resorted to ironing the quilts yet

My obsession is putting everything away, I can't have anything out of place and have lost loads of things as a result of "hiding" them
Keep putting all my paperwork away and then forgetting where it is. Have resorted to hiding the hoover under the bed too if doing a last minute hoover.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all!

Did you miss me??

Been away for the weekend - just got back. Have tried to catch up with you all, commiserations to Kapri again. Blooming viewers.:curse: Good luck to everyone else waiting for offers / surveys / viewings etc.

I've got no news as per usual...
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Fly Away

Hope you had a good weekend away, anywhere nice? Certainly had the weather for it
We've spent the weekend at the tip as managed to borrow FIL's car while he's away (our car isn't very practical), managed to get rid of loads, hoping this sale goes okay as we no longer have furniture in one bedroom!

Bit of a waste of this lovely weather but at least a start has been made

Fingers crossed you get more viewers soon (serious ones that turn up that is!)
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:39 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

I would like to officially join this thread. OH finished our house today after a total renovation and 7 years of hard work it's actually finished.

Estate agents are coming round this week to value so will be on the market by the end of the week

Janine
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

BS
Hello there

Regarding the Visa-THAT WAS EASY

HOUSE SELLING this is the hardest part. always cleaning!!!! straightening the bedding, curtains WHAT NEXT

Good Luck with a lot of us trying to sell

angiek
Old Feb 10th 2008, 6:59 pm
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Hello all,

I would like to officially join this thread. OH finished our house today after a total renovation and 7 years of hard work it's actually finished.

Estate agents are coming round this week to value so will be on the market by the end of the week

Janine
Welcome Janine, Hope you have plenty of luck with selling

Anne xxx
Old Feb 10th 2008, 7:12 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

Had feedback from the viewers who came yesterday,they told EA that they didn't like the location on a busy road!!!! What time wasters, why didn't they checkout the location before they arranged a viewing?

Have seriously been considering renting the house out but it would be a bit of a hassle. I think we will wait a few more months before we go down that route!

Has anyone had any offers this weekend?

BS
Old Feb 10th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Well viewers came, seemed to like it expecially the lady. Havent had any feed back from EA yet hopefully tomorrow, but viewer did say when she has agreed the price for her house with her buyer they will be in touch. Hopefully might put an offer in, but not going to get hopes up yet- have had it said before.

Hope everyone else's viewing's went ok and let's hope for more this week!!!!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:01 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Talking abut getting obsessed with the stupid things before a viewing, how about this one. I now go round the toilets and fold the toilet paper end into a neat point, like they do in hotels. Do people really think that we do that all the time? No.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:18 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ANNE&JAY
Welcome Janine, Hope you have plenty of luck with selling

Anne xxx
Thanks! I am hoping for the cash buyer who wants to complete within 4-6 weeks.

Mind you aren't we all

Janine
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi

Can I join in? Please

We have only had the house for sale for 1 month, so feel a little "virginal" on here, as I know some of you have had a long wait already.

Sam
Hi Sam, hope you sell soon!!

Originally Posted by Kapri
Our house sale has fallen through today

The bank won't let our "buyers" have enough money

Back to square one
Sooo Sorry Kapri, that sucks

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Oh no Kapri - that sucks.

as for my sale - I have officially lost the will to live....the buyers have been in touch with our solicitor about the kerb, basically they want it done.....I have the paperwork here from the highway agency - it will be 8 weeks before they can give the go ahead and give us a quote so realistically about 3 months before the work can be done....I have emailed our buyer and said it will be £1200-£1500 we will offer £1500 as cashback on completion and submit the paperwoek but not waiting all that time.

If they refuse this offer we will withdraw and put our house back on market without driveway:curse: I am not waiting another 3 months for this buyer!

Im so cross.
Gonnago, think it is a ploy to drop the price

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Hehe I am a young Flyaway - I like that. One of my best friends, she is old (41 and she says that I am living out all of her dreams. gosh I have alot of responsibilty on my shoulders

I cant wait for the date when we all get together for a piss up and laugh about BOBS, james bond and tattooing dan the plumber,
OLD AT 41Could defo go off you

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Afternoon all!

Did you miss me??

Been away for the weekend - just got back. Have tried to catch up with you all, commiserations to Kapri again. Blooming viewers.:curse: Good luck to everyone else waiting for offers / surveys / viewings etc.

I've got no news as per usual...
Hope you had a good time, about time you sold isn't it

Not got the house, yes they did exept the offer and then we found out it was on a flood plain back to more looking

House prices are dropping here due to the increase in interest rates, so although we lost a lot in the UK looks like we may gan here.

The exchange rate is awful, we have just worked out that if we sold the OZ$'s and bought £'s we could make 60K sterling , but not coming home for that

It is lovely here but may move on somewhere else, thinking of buying a campervan and having a look about, wish we hadn't shipped all our stuff now, but heyho we did and it should arrive this Friday

How is Tiggs doing anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.