Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by ANNE&JAY
ARGHHHHHHH - OMG

We have accepted an offer on the house. They came to view last night and went straight to the estate agents first thing this morning. They are first time buyers and are in rented so want to move as fast as possible. I have been in a fantastic mood all day. Lets hope everything goes through okey. I feel as excited as the day we got our visa

Anne
Great news hope all goes well for you

Tina x
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:04 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

ARGHHHHHHH - OMG

We have accepted an offer on the house. They came to view last night and went straight to the estate agents first thing this morning. They are first time buyers and are in rented so want to move as fast as possible. I have been in a fantastic mood all day. Lets hope everything goes through okey. I feel as excited as the day we got our visa

Anne
great news hun, and no chain even better
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

ARGHHHHHHH - OMG

Anne
That is fantastic!!! Congratulations Anne and Jay!!!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

ARGHHHHHHH - OMG

Anne
WOOHOO!!! Well done Anne, if that's what happenes when you read the whole thread, then I'm going to read it all.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Congratulations anne good luck with it all, hope it all goes through smoothly
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:44 pm
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of

Thanks Tina, Ozzieclaire2b, Sparky wife, Flyaway and Suart -

Pmsl at you Fly away, you don't need to read it all, you have been one of the star attractions on this thread If anybody deserves to sell their house errr or two err or even three its you

Anne xxx
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Pmsl at you Fly away, you don't need to read it all, you have been one of the star attractions on this thread If anybody deserves to sell their house errr or two err or even three its you

Anne xxx
I only came in halfway through, there were nutters before me - honest.

I would accept just selliing my house once thanks!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

CONGRATULATIONS Anne and Jay

Hope you have a really quick hassle free sale

Suexx
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

CONGRATULATIONS Anne and Jay - that is fab news, really really pleased for you.

We had a second viewing last night, it seemed to go well and he was asking about monthly bills and the council tax banding, the estate agent seems to think he might rent out his current house, but they also think he might put in a silly offer. Will have to wait and see

We have sunny intervals forecast for the weekend and are in the paper tonight, hopefully with the reduction in interest rates we might have some people having a drive round to have a look.

Tracy
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:01 am
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

all quietly optimistic in here today. And what a lovely sunny day for viewers.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning all,

Shouldn't be on here - should be doing my paperwork.

Your 2nd viewing sounds promising Jasonmb. Hope they come back with a good offer.

Hope people have decided to start looking for houses now the interest rate has gone down. I keep catching people in their cars looking at our house, but so far no bites.

Next time I see one, I have decided that I am going to go and ask them if they are interested. Although, that might be a bad idea. A few years ago when we were house hunting, we used to drive by all the ones we thought sounded promising. Anyway, we went to have a look at one house which was on a very narrow lane. There was a car behind us and we had no choice but to turn into the driveway of the house we were looking at to get out of the way. When we did, we realised it was a total sh!t tip. As we were turning around, the owners came out to see what we were doing and asked if we were interested in the house. They looked so sad and desperate, that I just lied and said we were lost. So maybe I won't go out and ask people in case they think I am sad and desperate too. (Which I bloomin well am now!!)

Anyone have any news??
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:28 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all,

Your 2nd viewing sounds promising Jasonmb. Hope they come back with a good offer.

Hope people have decided to start looking for houses now the interest rate has gone down. I keep catching people in their cars looking at our house, but so far no bites.

Next time I see one, I have decided that I am going to go and ask them if they are interested. Although, that might be a bad idea. A few years ago when we were house hunting, we used to drive by all the ones we thought sounded promising. Anyway, we went to have a look at one house which was on a very narrow lane. There was a car behind us and we had no choice but to turn into the driveway of the house we were looking at to get out of the way. When we did, we realised it was a total sh!t tip. As we were turning around, the owners came out to see what we were doing and asked if we were interested in the house. They looked so sad and desperate, that I just lied and said we were lost. So maybe I won't go out and ask people in case they think I am sad and desperate too. (Which I bloomin well am now!!)

Anyone have any news??
Morning all - well after the no show on Wednesday we had a different estate agent ring us up and tell us that somebody wanted to come and view our house at 2pm and that they would not charge us the commission if they bought it as it was for a friend of theirs. Long story behind this but the estate agent actually lived in our house before us and had to sell because of divorce and then bought another house further down the street with new wifey. He wants it back but can't afford it now.

Trouble is I just don't know whether to trust him with this one. We told him that we would not do the dirty on our EA as he is a good bloke and just started up, also only charging us .5% which is excellent and with that he pays for the HIP and does virtual tour and full page local paper ad so if he does buy it we would pay him anyway.

I have just run around again cleaning everywhere and washing floors so they had better buy it now.

Will let you know how it goes. Also daughter and partner got visa this morning.

Nicky xx
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickywes
Morning all - well after the no show on Wednesday we had a different estate agent ring us up and tell us that somebody wanted to come and view our house at 2pm and that they would not charge us the commission if they bought it as it was for a friend of theirs. Long story behind this but the estate agent actually lived in our house before us and had to sell because of divorce and then bought another house further down the street with new wifey. He wants it back but can't afford it now.

Trouble is I just don't know whether to trust him with this one. We told him that we would not do the dirty on our EA as he is a good bloke and just started up, also only charging us .5% which is excellent and with that he pays for the HIP and does virtual tour and full page local paper ad so if he does buy it we would pay him anyway.

I have just run around again cleaning everywhere and washing floors so they had better buy it now.

Will let you know how it goes. Also daughter and partner got visa this morning.

Nicky xx
Hi Nicky,

Not sure what to say on this one. Could be 100% genuine.

However, we had an EA do the same to us. We got several EAs to value the house when it first went on the market. One of them said she had someone who wanted to buy the house on her books and would charge an introduction fee but no commission as they hadn't had to spend anything advertising etc. Booked for this person to see the house. On the day of booking, the EA tried to get us to sign a contract with them at 2% commission otherwise the viewing would be cancelled. I told them to 'stuff off'.

So beware, it could be a con. If you are going to pay the other EA commission anyway, why can't this person view through them???

Hope that it is all above board and I am just a paranoid android.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all,

Anyone have any news??
Hope the paperwork is coming along.

Estate Agent has just rung - they spoke to the viewer this morning who has said he is interested, but wants to think about it. They have said he is playing a game and will ring back next week with a very low offer. Well we are going to play the game too, I am going to ask two different friends to ring the EA and make appointments to view this weekend, the EA will then ring them next week to find out what they thought and I am going to ask them to say they are very interested, just need to speak to bank and another excuse, so that when this bloke rings the EA they can tell him that he has competition and 2 other familes are very interested - may make him decide what he is going to do a bit quicker and also not offer such a silly price.

They have had another call who wanted to know the price, they didn't progress as a house round the corner is cheaper, I am really cross with the EA as there is LOADS of difference between our house and the one round the corner. In my opinion the EA should have suggested they look at both houses and then compare the difference - as there are huge differences which is why the price differs:curse:

Tracy
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Anne xxx
Congratulations and fingers crossed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.