Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi Flyaway

Thanks for the luck, I am trying not to get too excited about the viewing but struggling to be honest. Will be packing kids and dog off to the park like a bad parent

Tracy
LOL. A very sensible parent!! Good luck - hard not to get excited though.

Hi Suart

Gosh £10K is alot, fingers crossed that you get some viewers. Thanks for the luck, we are not expecting full asking, in fact Jason seems to think he will offer £45,000 under original asking, obviously there will be no sale

Tracy
Cheeky blighters.

The weather has been lovely here today, I am lucky enought to have a convertable and had the roof down today, Ok I had the heating blowing warm and on full, but still had the roof down Am hoping it will be like this for a few days, I need to wash it and take pics with roof down to try and sell it. Will be busy tomorrrow cleaning the house ready for the viewing but will let you know how we get on. Ouch £10K on the garden, if you were staying and could appreciate it fair enough, BUT.............

Tracy
I'm jealous - I want a convertible. Will wait til oz in case you were hoping to flog it to me though.

Originally Posted by suart
Hi beth just wondering if you would mind me posting thhis on my facebook profile, so I can get you some more people to sign up for you?
Very good idea Suart.

Originally Posted by egghead4
hello everyone, well how is everyone doing?
god I hope at least someone is having more luck than us
a couple viewed the house, said they really liked it, wanted a second viewing and then nothing
bloody hell, i'm so not interested in work at the moment, i cant focus on anything else but selling the house curse:

please someone, buy my house
bec
Hi Bec - what a shame they didn't come back. *sigh* This has happened to us too - I reckon it is lack of money. They want the house and can't afford it.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:29 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suart
Hi beth just wondering if you would mind me posting thhis on my facebook profile, so I can get you some more people to sign up for you?
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would be brilliant thankyou
Beth x x
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:31 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Glad I am not the only one with no motivation, I don't work, but haven't done anything for days, I need to go to the supermarket but can't be bothered to do that either

Good Luck with your sale

Tracy
hi tracey

its getting harder and harder isnt it?
we have to validate our visas before 20.06.08, so i hope we get a sale beforehand. keeping the house tidy is really p'ing me off and theres only two of us
every week, I say "right, i'm gonna do this on the weekend and do that on the weekend" but i may do an hour of something and then sit down to watch american idol
bec
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:36 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Have written a thread on the Barbie now about Pete.....so I can stop hijacking this thread!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Bec, sorry to hear you didn't get any joy from your viewers.

Have clicked on the email I received just now Beth.

I know Fly Away, it is an obscene amount of money for the back, the trouble is that it is really steep, bumpy, and decking just can't be done .Next door to us is the only one with it properly terraced and he hardly ever uses it. We also don't have back access so all the **** would have to come through the house. Will have to post a pic soon for you all, it is shameful really!

Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Have written a thread on the Barbie now about Pete.....so I can stop hijacking this thread!!!
Beth x x
Hijack away Beth!!

Originally Posted by Sparky wife

I know Fly Away, it is an obscene amount of money for the back, the trouble is that it is really steep, bumpy, and decking just can't be done .Next door to us is the only one with it properly terraced and he hardly ever uses it. We also don't have back access so all the **** would have to come through the house. Will have to post a pic soon for you all, it is shameful really!

LOL. 'shameful reality'.

£10K is just so much money... What a shame a deck wouldn't do the job. Could you make it into a rockery??
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:09 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sparky wife

send us a picture and we might be able to give you some ideas
oh yeah, but dont be doing any charlie dimmuck impersinations okay
bec
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:24 pm
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of

Glad I am not the only one with no motivation, I don't work, but haven't done anything for days, I need to go to the supermarket but can't be bothered to do that either

Good Luck with your sale

Tracy
Hi everybody, Our viewers arrived on time - first time buyers - but it was the first house they have viewed so not expecting to hear anything soon.

Beth - petition signed from this neck of the woods

Tracy - Good luck for tomorrow

Anne xxx
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:26 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by ANNE&JAY
Hi everybody, Our viewers arrived on time - first time buyers - but it was the first house they have viewed so not expecting to hear anything soon.

Beth - petition signed from this neck of the woods

Tracy - Good luck for tomorrow

Anne xxx
Thankyou Anne......greatly appreciated
Beth x x
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Hubby just rung to tell me we're booking the flights TONIGHT!!!!!!!
Been on the phone to Singapore Airlines and have confirmed we are entitled to 40kgs per person checked luggage and 7kgs per person hand luggage (have to have a perm visa which is unused to qualify for double baggage allowance)
Laptop and handbag are free........and my daughter's violin will go in the fragile cargo
Flying 10 weeks today by the looks of things, whether house has sold or not.......
Beth x x
Beth
I bet you are really excited I still can't imagine what it will feel like to be at that stage. I am excited for you.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:40 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by maisey
Beth
I bet you are really excited I still can't imagine what it will feel like to be at that stage. I am excited for you.
LOL......Andrew came home with a nasty cough and a temperature, so we will book our flights on the weekend now
Half excited and half scared.......weird feeling!!!!
My sister has safely arrived in Melbourne......and we've just been on the phone for half an hour She's hoovering spiders up from the rental flat at the moment....LOL
Beth x x
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Thankyou Anne......greatly appreciated
Beth x x
I have added my name to the petition too.

[QUOTE=ANNE&JAY;5895600]Hi everybody, Our viewers arrived on time - first time buyers - but it was the first house they have viewed so not expecting to hear anything soon.

You never know keep your fingers crossed. We are now on carpet treaders No 8. My house has never been so tidy! I am chillin a bit now.

[QUOTE=Sparky wife;5895292]Hi Bec, sorry to hear you didn't get any joy from your viewers.

It is an obscene amount of money when you are not staying. Could you not state that you have had a quote and you have already knocked this amount off which was why it was reduced.

Originally Posted by egghead4
hi tracey

its getting harder and harder isnt it?
we have to validate our visas before 20.06.08, so i hope we get a sale beforehand. keeping the house tidy is really p'ing me off and theres only two of us
every week, I say "right, i'm gonna do this on the weekend and do that on the weekend" but i may do an hour of something and then sit down to watch american idol
bec
I understand once the visa is there and it is just the house which is stopping you it does get demoralising and you can't be bothered as you hit a brick wall. There will be so much to do once the sale goes through I wouldn't worry.

Well good luck everyone I am trying to keep up with everyone and not be too 'whingy'. Lets hope we all have some news soon and those cash buyers are round the corner.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Hi all,
Wondering if some of you would be kind enough to sign the link in my signature please
Beth x x
Hi Beth,

Have signed your petition, hope it helps,

C
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

It is an obscene amount of money when you are not staying. Could you not state that you have had a quote and you have already knocked this amount off which was why it was reduced.

Hi Maisey

Yep, and tbh, even if we were staying we couldn't be bothered now that the lounge is done (there's a back porch that is linked by our lounge). I guess we could point that out, thanks, it's another way of angling it.

The thing is, we've only had one lot of what I would call "proper first time buyers" which our place is really aimed at. They said they were really keen, when they saw the place before Christmas it was dark, so they never saw the back and were local, so knew that bad back gardens are standard round here. They never got back and the EA said how surprised they were, they were so keen.

The rest, bar one other lot, were viewers in their fifties/sixties and two of those at least we living miles away. I don't think we are attracting the first time buyers simply because there are very, very few (IMHO) FTBs around. They are waiting for prices to drop some more...

Last edited by Sparky wife; Feb 6th 2008 at 8:04 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

LOL......Andrew came home with a nasty cough and a temperature, so we will book our flights on the weekend now
Half excited and half scared.......weird feeling!!!!
My sister has safely arrived in Melbourne......and we've just been on the phone for half an hour She's hoovering spiders up from the rental flat at the moment....LOL
Beth x x
Awwww, all the best with booking the flights...it is a weird feeling!

Glad your sister arrived safely, hoovering up spiders, gulp...

Hope Andrew feels better soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.