Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom Add banned

Whinging Pom Add banned

Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:00 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom Add banned

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
l knew she did'nt emigrate to the UK, She would find the place too cold in her Bikini Never seen her wearing anything else.
And that enriches my life completely
Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
what choices have you got here that you havent got in the uk ? i challenge you to name me one thing .
In regards to kids it may or may not be better for the kids but for adult children such as mine they find australia incredibly boring and would much prefer to be in europe because of better job oppurtunities and the historical and varied countries all within close proximity of each other .
And in regards to decency ,well i give to those that give to me and i have found those that have found utopia in australia to be as every bit as arrogant and shallow as white born australians who think its the dogs bollox ,when i n reality its no different to anywhere else .
I'll think you'll find Wendy's reply illuminating. Some people do get a break in Australia. The 'Challenge' of choice is easily met.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:18 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
i have found those that have found utopia in australia to be as every bit as arrogant and shallow as white born australians who think its the dogs bollox ,when i n reality its no different to anywhere else .
I'm sure if you tried harder you could insult a few more people with a sweeping generalisation.

Why cant you accept that some of us actually have found a way of life that we love without the insults ?

I'm not suggesting it will work for everyone, but it does for the majority of migrants.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 12:24 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
At least get the bloody year right.. Munich air crash was 1958. As for bandwagon jumpers I think Chelski's average attendance 10 years ago was about 13,000 so that's one mighty big bandwagon they must have down at the Bridge.

Chelsea are generally a well-supported club. They have the fifth highest average all-time attendance in English football[28] and regularly attract over 40,000 fans to Stamford Bridge; they were the 5th best-supported Premiership team in the 2005-06 season, with an average gate of 41,870.[29] Chelsea's traditional fanbase comes from working-class parts of West London, such as Hammersmith and Battersea, from wealthier areas like Chelsea and Kensington.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 26th 2007 at 1:21 am. Reason: Abusive comment removed
Old Jan 26th 2007, 1:27 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MD09
The kiwis are seen as the sheep shaggers here, so an ad like that wouldn't really work.
And in NZ, aussies are seen as sheep shaggers... OZ where men are men and sheep are nervous

Incidentally a local adult shop sells blow up sheep, and no, no kiwis have bought any, but many locals and interstate travellers have
Old Jan 26th 2007, 1:32 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Well....kiwis and Aussies all seem the same to me.
NO G ! Vast difference between the two. The differences though do occur on a more subtle level in some cases and may therefore take a bit for those from other countries to pick up on.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Mentioning Liverpool and crook in the same sentence could get you accused of stereotyping.

Liverpool are a busted flush... not worth a mention anymore.. their best days are long gone.
Never ever discount Liverpool FC It may have been a number of years since they won the premiership but look at their recent achievments ...especially five European Championships and recent FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield wins....and with the anticipated takeover the club will be free of debt, not like the takeover of a certain club not far away
Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:51 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Never ever discount Liverpool FC It may have been a number of years since they won the premiership but look at their recent achievments ...especially five European Championships and recent FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield wins....and with the anticipated takeover the club will be free of debt, not like the takeover of a certain club not far away
City of Culture.... you're having a laugh.

Self pitying city and club ...

Heysel stadium.. not Liverpool's fault.. bad ground
Hillsborough stadium.. not Liverpool's fault... blame the police.
Scally reputation.. unjustified.. blame whoever we feel like blaming today..

Dey don't do dat down der doe do dey doe...
Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Not to forget they also have the most popular football player in the world as voted for by football fans:

http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/...105115786.html

And he's from the same neighbourhood as the club he plays for - how novel
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

At least get the bloody year right.. Munich air crash was 1958. As for bandwagon jumpers I think Chelski's average attendance 10 years ago was about 13,000 so that's one mighty big bandwagon they must have down at the Bridge.
OK fair call, wrong year, I'm an immigrant here, I don't know all the important dates in English history!

My comments are not MU vs Chelsea; it's bandwagon jumpers full stop and criticising Chelsea and vice-versa is kettles and pots etc as far as I'm concerned.

Where I live in Scotland most kids support one of the 'Old Firm' rather than their local team. I can understand it, just find it sad. If more people supported the local team they would have a more successful team. Similarly, in England, why support a team from afar rather than your local team? I'm not having a go at you (you might have been born in Stretford for all I know), just talking in general. I also know there's no rule which dictates the team you support.

BTW, I think you'll find that like MU, Chelsea's average attendance has almost doubled because of increases in ground capacity, as well as success. Chelsea's crowd limit used to be in the 20K's, now over 40K, MU are up to over 70K. With Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham in very close proximity (MU only have City), Chelsea have a bit of competition for the support of young kids too (don't remind me London is a bigger place)!

OzTennis
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

WTF are you lot talking about.

Can't decide if it's football (soccer), rugby or just plain crap
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by micmay3_in_oz
Not to forget they also have the most popular football player in the world as voted for by football fans:

http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/...105115786.html

And he's from the same neighbourhood as the club he plays for - how novel
'As voted by fans' means nothing:

One could argue that they've got nothing better to do on Merseyside than phone in votes to a competition.

Dame Zara Phillips won BBC Sports Personality of the Year because the 'horsey brigade' mounted a campaign to ring in as much as possible; St Helen's won team of the year for the same reason etc. The public who didn't vote all knew Darren Clarke and the Ryder Cup team were more deserving of both awards.

At a guess I would say with Brazil having a population of 4 times that of England (and being a bit expensive to phone up Europe to register a vote, not to mention not as many phones in the favelas) plus the population in Spain that Ronaldhino might just be a bit more popular than Stevie, despite what a poll found.

OzTennis
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:16 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I'll think you'll find Wendy's reply illuminating. Some people do get a break in Australia. The 'Challenge' of choice is easily met.
really ,well im still waiting for a reply .
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:17 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
You obviously haven't been watching Channel 4...
cant get channel four on standard australian tele
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Centurion
I'm sure if you tried harder you could insult a few more people with a sweeping generalisation.

Why cant you accept that some of us actually have found a way of life that we love without the insults ?

I'm not suggesting it will work for everyone, but it does for the majority of migrants.
i do accept the fact that most migrants slot in nicely to their new lives and good on them for it ,but its the condescending up them selves wannabess who are full of useless and judgemental advice that give me the shits ,and theres heaps of them on the GODZONE squad ,so if you feel a little insulted thats tough .
Im not about to fit in with the mainstream and keep my mouth shut to please people like you .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.