Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

whingers and whiners

whingers and whiners

Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whingers and whiners

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That face seems to signify, I dont agree but Im not sure how.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:13 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Australia is also great. Thats why so many people are headed there too.

ABC - can you give us a stat on how many people emigrate from England to Australia permanently (not WHV) vs how many people emigrate from Australia to England permanently (not WHV)

Just for the fun of it.

BB
ABC.. While you are at it include how many move from the rest of Europe to the UK as well.. oh and the Indian sub-continent.. chuck Eire into the mix... and anywhere else you can think of.

If you really can come up with those figures I suggest you send your CV to UK Immigration ASAP... they need you.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
Sorry about the typo. I'll be examining your posts with a new vigour . Sorrry about your wife's vag.
S'OK. It has occured to me that a massively disproportinate amount of past 'trolls' and serial unhappy people seem to have that signature.

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
I watch English shows on TV and cant help thinking we have a greater freedom in our thoughts and opinions. Once you come to Oz, you seem to have to sign over all thoughts and opinions. Most Brits just arent raised that way.
Which prompts many of us to say 'Who do you hang around with?' It's the idealogical thing again(!)
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That face seems to signify, I dont agree but Im not sure how.
Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Which prompts many of us to say 'Who do you hang around with?' It's the idealogical thing again(!)
Have to agree. I've never been given the impression I need to 'sign over all thoughts and opinions' Certainly not aware of having less freedom with what I think and do. I honestly have no idea what you (Officer Dibble) are talking about.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree. I've never been given the impression I need to 'sign over all thoughts and opinions' Certainly not aware of having less freedom with what I think and do. I honestly have no idea what you (Officer Dibble) are talking about.
Well, thats your job. Im on the beer.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, thats your job. Im on the beer.
What's my job? Oh god, more confusion, got a spare beer, I think I need it!
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

What's my job? Oh god, more confusion, got a spare beer, I think I need it!

I got plenty of beers. The older you are the more beers you get. Thats a coupla crates to you.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

I got plenty of beers. The older you are the more beers you get. Thats a coupla crates to you.
Only a couple? You flatter me.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Only a couple? You flatter me.
You seem to be a little bit of a cow. Bit emotional. Shoo!!!
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

You seem to be a little bit of a cow. Bit emotional. Shoo!!!
A little bit of a cow? Emotional? You're heading for a ban
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

A little bit of a cow? Emotional? You're heading for a ban

Really? Im only being honest. Im sure you mean well.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Really? Im only being honest. Im sure you mean well.
I'd stop drinking if I were you
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'd stop drinking if I were you

I stopped a while ago. Time moves so slowly.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW

You'll have to excuse if I didn't read ALL 9 pages or so, tho at times what I did read was really quite amusing - having said that i'm not sure if it was meant to be???

I do find it quite amusing tho that a thread about people who whinge and whine has infact IMO turned out to be a whinging and whinging thread???
*stands back and waits to be shot down*

In fairness tho there are some good points and some points evidently seen from only a certain perspective...

I think it would depend why you are unhappy in the UK if that is indeed the case?
I was once blissfully happy in the UK and wouldn't think of going anywhere else, things change and there became certain aspects I didn't like for example rising petrol prices, government cock ups etc I won't go on as enough has been mentioned prior for you to get the idea !
But so much has happened for us personally in the UK that that more than anything negative about the UK has helped our decision to move. I don't hate the UK and I'll always leave the door open that I may come back, there is so much to love about it though.

I'm sure many remember us living in Sydney in 2008, I couldn't have been unhappier I think, but when your a stranger in an unfamiliar place it wouldn't have matter what country we were in, not knowing anyone, being pregnant and find out I had a medical condition meant I was indeed a whinger and whiner, Mr JenJen was off working 3 - 4 LONG days a week, having 3 energetic boys in an empty house and not even being able to drive etc having hormones racing meant really I found it hard to just get on with it all.
I've learnt life can be a bag of shit wherever you live, you really have to work at it sometimes like a marriage, and other times it'll just flow for you, good time and bad times.
I'm sure i'll get judged now we're heading back to Australia again but hey ho whatever.

IMO its wrong to make it about hating a country you live in, I think it's more the factors that make you dislike things and moan about them...
i.e if you can't find a job............
if your unwell
if family elsewhere are ill..
if you've just had a baby and can't share it personally with friends and family
if you've moved into an area that doesn't fit your lifestyle or whatever
and lets not forget the BIGGY money lol

Perhaps perspective is the right word, sometimes people can't find their perspective and it becomes an I HATE IT HERE off the cuff comment or thats how it comes across to me at times and I know i've done it myself and then thought thats crap I actually don't hate it here I hate whats going on here right now and thats got nothing to do with the country etc.

In my experience at some point in our lives we're gonna have a whinge or a whine or both about something ?
Some people will have a negative to say about half their day...
Others it'll take some pretty full on stuff or for someone to have hit a nerve to then kick it off.

But anyway I'm sorry I interupted, do carry on, now that I can go from here and read replies it will be much easier for me to catchup with whats going on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.