Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

wheres cheaper than Mooloolaba???

wheres cheaper than Mooloolaba???

Old Dec 7th 2007, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

dolliedimples has a spectacular aura aboutdolliedimples has a spectacular aura aboutdolliedimples has a spectacular aura about
Default wheres cheaper than Mooloolaba???

I need some advice please....I am looking at moving up to the Sunshine Coast with my 3 children..I am about to start the next chapter of my life and have another fresh start... 'turning 40, a new singleparent with 3 beautiful children..and Im looking forwards'...hmm, has a ring to it..hee hee!!

I would love to live in Mooloolaba but when checking house prices..(will be very mortgaged up, but trying this 1st) on the internet they seem to be a bit pricey compared to where I am on the Gold Coast..Pacific Pines.

Could anyone please tell me of some other places to look at..reasonably priced, I will be working at Nambour hospital (all going well), needing a good primary school and child care facility(before/after school care) and would like to be fairly close to the beach..

Could anyone tell me what Maroochyadore is like please?
Cheers..

Last edited by dolliedimples; Dec 7th 2007 at 3:03 am.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wheres cheaper than Mooloolaba???

My sister in law lives up that way, I'll ask her for you. Maroochydore has a lovely shopping centre from what I remember of a visit there.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 3:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dolliedimples
I need some advice please....I am looking at moving up to the Sunshine Coast with my 3 children..I am about to start the next chapter of my life and have another fresh start... 'turning 40, a new singleparent with 3 beautiful children..and Im looking forwards'...hmm, has a ring to it..hee hee!!

I would love to live in Mooloolaba but when checking house prices..(will be very mortgaged up, but trying this 1st) on the internet they seem to be a bit pricey compared to where I am on the Gold Coast..Pacific Pines.

Could anyone please tell me of some other places to look at..reasonably priced, I will be working at Nambour hospital (all going well), needing a good primary school and child care facility(before/after school care) and would like to be fairly close to the beach..

Could anyone tell me what Maroochyadore is like please?

heers..
what price range do you want to look at ? then can suggest areas, but nothings really cheap here anymore, cheapest houses in mooloolaba would start high 400's (dumps) and go to several million, and not much stock anyway its mainly units and very fancy canal homes.

Maroochydores a old area, where the main shops are, nowt flash. Alexandra headlands up a bit from mooloolaba, occasional house comes up mid 400's. If your looking at less than 400 on the coast now, it wouldn't be these central/beach areas unless you find a pretty run down house in an old estate around maroochydore or mountain creek and some bits in both of those need to be looked at carefully.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 3:38 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help wit hyour questions but just wanted to wish you the best on your new start
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

My sister in law lives at Yandina and she says that's 2 mins from Nambour Hospital. She said Caloundra is lovely and is 20 mins from Nambour. She has Coolum and Maroochydore beaches a 20 min drive from her.
Bit hard to get the info out of her...sorry!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:34 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

Hallooo!

Mountain Creek has, we're told, an excellent state school.

Without knowing more about your circumstances and aspirations it's difficult to assist. PM if you like - we're happy to help

Mooloolaba is gorgeous, though