Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where are you all from?

Wikiposts

Where are you all from?

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:40 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are you all from?

Originally Posted by mackinnon
Ah use tae stay in "Strathbungo."

Ma mate that stayed in Batson St used tae tell me ah wiz talking oot ma arse, that ah stayed in Govanhill.

Fur the rent ah wiz paying, it was f__king Strathbungo!
who was yir mate that stayed in batson st?
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:42 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
i bet your mate put his hands to each side of his face turned them upside doon and wiggled his fingers

strathbungo it was mate. right beside HOOPS i take it?
It was on Pollokshaws Road near the junction with Calder St.

I was sitting here with my hands up at my chops trying to figure out what you were talking about, then I realised it's the thing from Chewing The Fat!

Last edited by mackinnon; Oct 3rd 2006 at 5:45 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:44 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

It was on Pollokshaws Road near the junction with Calder St.

I was sitting here with my hands up at my chops trying to figure out what you were talking about, then I realised it's the thing from Chewing The Fat!
yip, i can just see them doing it to "strathbungo" lol

so u live next to the kebab shop on the corner, used to be a cafe?
across from queens garage
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:46 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

yip, i can just see them doing it to "strathbungo" lol

so u live next to the kebab shop on the corner, used to be a cafe?
across from queens garage
Smack bang opposite Queens Garage, just along from the Cafe Lahore. The only place I can ever remember that sold £1 kebabs! Alas, it is no more.

who was yir mate that stayed in batson st?
Chris Robertson, he must be in his mid-twenties. I think his Dad is quite well known in the pubs in Govanhill.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:03 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Smack bang opposite Queens Garage, just along from the Cafe Lahore. The only place I can ever remember that sold £1 kebabs! Alas, it is no more.

Chris Robertson, he must be in his mid-twenties. I think his Dad is quite well known in the pubs in Govanhill.
not sure about the name mate, but i might know his dad.
that cafe used to be called the capri cafe for about a hundred years, nice old couple. im sure it was hid dad that owned it when it started. i spent a huge part of my youth in there
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jond
Hi

I was reading another thread and saw that one of the posters was from Norfolk and I thought to myself that there doesn't seem to be many people on here from there.

So it got me wondering where are most of you from?

I will start I am from Essex and so is the OH and before anybody starts the only time I have seen her in white stilettos was on our wedding day. Dancing around her handbag is a different matter

John
Hi,

I am originally from Lowestoft, Suffolk (although have lived in London all my adult life!!!)
OH is from Sydney..
Tanya
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:47 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by biggy
never went to the Hammy Palais as a lot...
I went there once with my new workmates when i changed jobs.
Entered the Palais in Hamilton and when we left i could swear the exit we used lead us out into Beruit main street.Never seen as many riot vans in my life!!!
The place itself was a shitehole and chav city.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:19 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brido
I went there once with my new workmates when i changed jobs.
Entered the Palais in Hamilton and when we left i could swear the exit we used lead us out into Beruit main street.Never seen as many riot vans in my life!!!
The place itself was a shitehole and chav city.

yep it always was a shitehole (although briefly when it first opened it was ok (must have been about 1991 or 1992, )
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:21 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

thats the ones ye alki lol mite even of been there at the same time hehe Did u ever go to Costas the Greek place?

sheesh such a small world !! Costas was one of my fav restraunts, in fact i had my leaving doo there with the folk i worked with :scared:

Costas and the Bombay Cottage were my fav places
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:22 pm
Made the move -

Hehe !!! I still do it a lot
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:55 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Where was I ?

To the South the quaint old fishing villages that in days gone by harboured wrecking smugglers who now get wrecked on smugglers.

To the North the rollers loved by surfers and turds alike.....and the shite aint pleasant either.

To the South West the rugby playing, choir singing miners who nowadays only find tin around their baked beans or soup.

To the North East them funny buggers who have obviously suffered from many years of infiltration by Janner imigrants and too many visits into England.

And lastly to my birthplace and haunting ground of all but 2 of my years. The innards of the county where a real pasty is crimped on it's side and we know the secret of Ragged Ass Corner
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond
Hi

I was reading another thread and saw that one of the posters was from Norfolk and I thought to myself that there doesn't seem to be many people on here from there.

So it got me wondering where are most of you from?

I will start I am from Essex and so is the OH and before anybody starts the only time I have seen her in white stilettos was on our wedding day. Dancing around her handbag is a different matter

John
We are from Glasgow/Paisley now living in a shit pit ooops!!!!!! sorry I mean Peterborough, Cambs
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brido
Thats a world tour Mick Jagger would be proud of!

We've been in Robroyston in Glasgow for the last 5 years,wifes from this end of the city and im from Johnstone near Paisley.
Ive lived in Saint John N.B and Ottawa Ont. in Canada for a few years as a lad.
Better half was in S.Africa but too young to remember much.
We should be in the Gold Coast before Xmas as we're expecting good news today/tomorrow regarding house! (fingers crossed)
good to know there are others from our kneck of the woods, wifes from Ferguslie park Paisley, I,m from Rutherglen brought up in Larkhall.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

came from a small village ...Coalburn South Lanarkshire

now in large town......Yeppoon CQld
Coalburn I used to know a few people from there when I was younger (dont go there) I used to meet them at the ice rink in Hamilton. And once or twice I went up and we would go to the miners welfare club
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
lemmie guess, it would have been Park Lane/ Virgos or good ole Hammy Palais ??
Or the Bay horse or ewings or small world or the clachan or the long bar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.