Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where would you live?

Where would you live?

Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:05 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where would you live?

Our standard of living and quality of life is heaps better than it was in New Zealand. Migrants are better tolerated here: you'll be accepted more for your professional abilities and less discriminated against for your ethnic background.

Working practices here are much more akin to how they'd be in the UK/USA and you won't have to unlearn everything you accepted as normal, efficient or productive, unlike in NZ. There you have to learn the "Kiwi Way" which has to be experienced to be believed many people far better than I have described it and I won't attempt to do it here.

The climate and countryside here is fantastic - 2 months of humidity at the height of summer but great for the rest of the year. It was 27 degrees today but it didn't feel overly hot. We spent most of the day walking in Springbrook high up in the forests where it was 19 in the deep shade, then back down to the beach for the late afternoon, a spell of body boarding and home for tea.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Probably New Zealand if the weather was as nice as the N/E coast of OZ all year round.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Strangely enough, I'd live where I live. Freeeeeeky!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Want2Move
If you have the choice to live permanently in the following countries, which one would be your no. 1 choice and why? There are no criteria to follow.

Australia Chose to live here, so guess this is #1
Canada Spent the first 43 years of my life here, so been there, done that and have the accent.
New Zealand Not enough work for my old man and full of sheep shaggers
USA Full of Americans. Nuff said
Strangely, like someone else said, this is the Australia section of an immigrants website, so I would assume Australia would win for the majority here.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you everyone for your time and suggestion.

I am DONE with this topic.