Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Seoul?

Where to stay in Seoul?

Old Sep 5th 2013, 10:55 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to stay in Seoul?

Mr GG has decided that we're off to the UK for a holiday; due to my uni commitments, the only time we can go is February. We've found well priced flights with Air Korea, so we'll be having an overnight stay in Seoul on the way there and then a five night stopover in Seoul on the way back to Sydney. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay on the way back, please? (The airline will put us up at an airport hotel on the way over, because of the flight times.) And any recommendations of what to do/where to head in Korea would be appreciated - we'll have a 3-year-old and a 5-year-old to entertain (who both think it's freezing when it drops below about 18c. I dread to think what they'll make of single digit temperatures!). Thanking you muchly.
Old Sep 7th 2013, 1:13 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to stay in Seoul?

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Mr GG has decided that we're off to the UK for a holiday; due to my uni commitments, the only time we can go is February. We've found well priced flights with Air Korea, so we'll be having an overnight stay in Seoul on the way there and then a five night stopover in Seoul on the way back to Sydney. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay on the way back, please? (The airline will put us up at an airport hotel on the way over, because of the flight times.) And any recommendations of what to do/where to head in Korea would be appreciated - we'll have a 3-year-old and a 5-year-old to entertain (who both think it's freezing when it drops below about 18c. I dread to think what they'll make of single digit temperatures!). Thanking you muchly.

I don't know much about Korea, but I do know one thing: It's got Seoul...

S
Old Sep 7th 2013, 1:39 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea but I'd just like to say hello and good luck.
Old Sep 7th 2013, 10:03 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I don't know much about Korea, but I do know one thing: It's got Seoul...

S
Boom, tish! You'll be here all week, right?
Old Sep 7th 2013, 10:04 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I have no idea but I'd just like to say hello and good luck.
Hello, M! With a three-year-old and a five-year-old on a long haul flight, I'm gonna need drugs, not just luck.
Old Sep 7th 2013, 10:38 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of kid friendly options:

Lotte World for the little uns. This is a Disney style theme park, done Korea style, but it has indoor and outdoor areas, so you can get out of the cold.

Yetchatjip, there is a tea house in the Insadong area, it will give the adult the tea experience and give the little ones the birds flying around the room.
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/south-ko...tea/yetchatjip
Old Sep 7th 2013, 10:44 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

We're having a 2 day stopover in Seoul in November.

Most of the things I've read recommend staying in Myeongdong...and we're meeting up with friends there who have been before and that was also their recommendation.

We've booked at a new Fraser hotel nearby...but they also have another place, Fraser Central Seoul which I think also has a good location and does 2 bed apartments which might suit you well...prices were good.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 6:06 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, M! With a three-year-old and a five-year-old on a long haul flight, I'm gonna need drugs, not just luck.
Just for the flight?
Old Sep 8th 2013, 6:11 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Originally Posted by fraser
Just for the flight?
Now you mention it ... Two and a half weeks with the in-laws <shudder>.

Other people go on nice holidays to exotic places. I get two wet, snowy weeks in Barnsley with the Dragon.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 1:10 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Now you mention it ... Two and a half weeks with the in-laws <shudder>.

Other people go on nice holidays to exotic places. I get two wet, snowy weeks in Barnsley with the Dragon.

I'm looking forward to my Christmas extravagance in the UK. I must admit though that it's far nicer in the lead up to Christmas, than after it

S
Old Sep 8th 2013, 1:30 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Take snacks and iPads food and entertainment is crap, I flew a few years ago with my son and the movie was a bit violent for kids.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 5:04 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I hear ya, we packed small toys up in wrapping paper and every 30 minutes or so unwrapped one, they don't have to be new either. Seemed to work better than just having a huge pile of them to begin with.

I spent the entire Singapore to London leg with a 2 year old asleep on my lap afraid to move in case she woke up. I was wrecked coming off that plane.

Flight Centre neglected to book the basinette for that leg and there were no spare seats ... Every time I see their advert I want to hurl things at the TV.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:06 am
Cup of tea, Father?

I hear ya, we packed small toys up in wrapping paper and every 30 minutes or so unwrapped one, they don't have to be new either. Seemed to work better than just having a huge pile of them to begin with.

I spent the entire Singapore to London leg with a 2 year old asleep on my lap afraid to move in case she woke up. I was wrecked coming off that plane.

Flight Centre neglected to book the basinette for that leg and there were no spare seats ... Every time I see their advert I want to hurl things at the TV.
Oh, yes, the joys of flying with children. When we moved back over here, we had bulkhead seats, but Miss Moo was too long for a bassinet. I put my feet up on the wall and she fell asleep on my outstretched legs. That was somewhere over Poland. By the time we landed at Singapore, I was practically paralysed from the waist down. We did the new toy every 30 minutes or so thing, too; we'd bought her a Trunki to keep them all in. Will need to get another Trunki, really, so the Gorilla has his own stash of tat, otherwise there'll be arguments.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:11 am
has lost The Game

I do that anyway, and I have never suffered the indignity of neglectful basinette booking...

Oh, yes, the joys of flying with children. When we moved back over here, we had bulkhead seats, but Miss Moo was too long for a bassinet. I put my feet up on the wall and she fell asleep on my outstretched legs. That was somewhere over Poland. By the time we landed at Singapore, I was practically paralysed from the waist down. We did the new toy every 30 minutes or so thing, too; we'd bought her a Trunki to keep them all in. Will need to get another Trunki, really, so the Gorilla has his own stash of tat, otherwise there'll be arguments.

Phenergan...

S
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:15 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Phenergan...

S
I figure this time it's Mr GG's turn to do childcare on the flight. I'm going to book a seat elsewhere and pretend I'm not with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.