Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where have you been today?

Where have you been today?

Old Sep 23rd 2018, 2:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where have you been today?

Originally Posted by Beoz
Hooray. You have finally moved on from culture and history and enjoying some simple pleasures. Keep up the good work.

For what it's worth, a light dip here down at Coogee, some early dinner and a few brews at the Justin Hemms place (the name escapes me) then the final ever sporting event at the Sydney Footy Stadium. Support neither team nor the sport (prefer rugby union) Local derby atmosphere electric then the members bar put on free food and booze as they have to get rid of it before its demolished. Free booze in these nanny state times is unheard of. Good to see times are changing.
Nothing ever changed. Petit bourgeois pretensions have never proved to be of much use to me. Don't go much for team sport either, so proletarian cred probably rather low as well. I suppose the free food and booze equates 'let them eat cake' before the heads start rolling en mass as the party really gets under way.
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Nothing ever changed. Petit bourgeois pretensions have never proved to be of much use to me. Don't go much for team sport either, so proletarian cred probably rather low as well. I suppose the free food and booze equates 'let them eat cake' before the heads start rolling en mass as the party really gets under way.
Given sport, food and booze is a big part of many cultures, especially Australia's, it's a shame you look down the nose of such activities which reflects the arrogance you have against people who enjoy such activities.
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 4:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Given sport, food and booze is a big part of many cultures, especially Australia's, it's a shame you look down the nose of such activities which reflects the arrogance you have against people who enjoy such activities.
I suppose cold meat pies made in part from dingo's donger and washed down by watered down Fosters (can that really legally be termed a beer?) may well be the height of what you call a dining out sensation and so be it. Not wanting to partake in the frivolous culinary pursuits as such while pretending interest in a game that have no interest in would display a pretence boarding on arrogance in the extreme. The shame being of course, your lemming like theory that all should be reading alone the same lines and pretend 'to fit in' through such an activity.
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 3:10 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

After morning tea at Mum's, we spent a good part of the day at our new house. I'm impatient to move in, but that bloody shipping container's still weaving it's mysterious way around the world. 1 November is its ETA.
While Scouse was painting the garage floor I attempted to get my head around the retic system, with modest success. I gave the house a good dusting and removed a few paint spots that the builder's clean had missed. Had great fun planning where the furniture will go, assuming it's not at the bottom of the ocean of course.
Acquainted myself with the perimeter security system, have never had one before but it seems easy enough to operate. I'm especially pleased with the ducted reverse cycle air conditioning and heating as I hate the heat of Perth summers. We were a bit concerned about electricity bills, so after a lot of research we have solar panels being installed next month. We had them on our last Oz house and it made a hell of a difference to the bills.
Will be a bit sorry to leave my sister's place in Mount Lawley as it's been great to walk to everything, especially the Queens where Scouse and I met all those years ago. But having our own place again after being 'homeless' for 6 months will be so good. I've decided that I don't much like not having a permanent place to hang my hat.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 12:51 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose cold meat pies made in part from dingo's donger and washed down by watered down Fosters (can that really legally be termed a beer?) may well be the height of what you call a dining out sensation and so be it. Not wanting to partake in the frivolous culinary pursuits as such while pretending interest in a game that have no interest in would display a pretence boarding on arrogance in the extreme. The shame being of course, your lemming like theory that all should be reading alone the same lines and pretend 'to fit in' through such an activity.
You two should get a room
Old Sep 24th 2018, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paulry
Be a failure of some magnitude even as a stable mate. Hate to think of the resulting outcome as a room mate. Even at short term rates.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
That could be tricky. I don't drink Fosters (can you get Fosters in Australia?) and he / she doesn't do sport. You probably won't find many around finals time to support a room with troubadour.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That could be tricky. I don't drink Fosters (can you get Fosters in Australia?) and he / she doesn't do sport. You probably won't find many around finals time to support a room with troubadour.
Now there's a relief. With a rebuttal likely to cause offense.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

First swim of the season today. Down at Cottesloe Beach. Brilliant in the water. A fair number present considering the time of year. Hard to beat Perth for weather and beach. Fishing pretty good as well, fishers tell me. Place to be.
hey... First time I've ever seen you post or paint a positive aspect to Perth. :-)
Old Sep 25th 2018, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
hey... First time I've ever seen you post or paint a positive aspect to Perth. :-)
You say that every time, I express the virtues living out West. But no matter. Condo sales have declined and no longer earning a six figure plus sum, meaning must get more interest in 'bargain' investment property investors, looking for deals here in Perth.
Old Sep 29th 2018, 12:26 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Out on my patio I sat, watching lightning crack over ... semi rural wonderland.
Old Sep 29th 2018, 12:43 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Out on my patio I sat, watching lightning crack over ... semi rural wonderland.
During a heavy day or a night time swell, one wonders.
Old Sep 29th 2018, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

PIcking up Youngest Daughters first Car.....
Old Oct 1st 2018, 2:35 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday, now, I spent the arvo at Allan Border Field with the tribe watching the Aussie women do it easy against the
Kiwis.

Great fun, $15 for an adult, free for under 16s ... spectacular weather, picturesque ground.

Finished with a top curry too.

Homesick? F’off!... Cricket playing starts this weekend ...
Old Oct 1st 2018, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DeadVim

Homesick? F’off!... Cricket playing starts this weekend ...
Same here. The cricket widow is not going to be happy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.