Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where have you been today?

Where have you been today?

Old Jul 4th 2018, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where have you been today?

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Have put our car up for sale, so while we've still got it we went to Morrisons to stock up on groceries for the rest of the month. Here's hoping for a quick sale, less than 4 weeks now till we leave for Oz.
Chances are your going to experience the biggest day of celebrations in England since the last world cup win in 66 and the end of the 2nd world war.

I've probably just put the moccas on that, however it is a possibility..... Just letting you know what you could be in for.

As for my day, 2nd day in a row of sick (genuine for once) bit of a chest cold and just about to take the dog for a walk. Hope it clears my blocked up head a little.

Hoping to go to work tonight.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 2:38 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

The upside is the shelving looks great, properly fitted into our modest “entertainment area”.

Downside is I’m still hacking up sawdust AND I have to go back to Bunnings for stuff.

Speakers to be wall-mounted and cabling to be tidied next (with switch boxes).

I think I prefer woodworking to my office gig, I could go the full “build a boat” NCIS thing.

Oh yes and jolly good show on the World Cup thing. The quarter will be the first England game I watch (in this tournament anyway) ... total fair weather supporter these days. Where was I when they were shit? Asleep I suspect.

#1 Lobster out.

Last edited by DeadVim; Jul 5th 2018 at 2:48 am.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 2:21 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

At Home. Got a carpenter, an old geezer, 75-ish and his middle-aged, obnoxious son fitting the doorframe and door at the moment. The son was letting off steam, effing and blinding and bullying his dad. I put up with it for a short while, thinking what the hell is going on?! But finally lost it with him, told him to shut up or get off my property. He shut up straight away and now he's doing his work. His poor old dad looked ever so grateful.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 3:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
At Home. Got a carpenter, an old geezer, 75-ish and his middle-aged, obnoxious son fitting the doorframe and door at the moment. The son was letting off steam, effing and blinding and bullying his dad. I put up with it for a short while, thinking what the hell is going on?! But finally lost it with him, told him to shut up or get off my property. He shut up straight away and now he's doing his work. His poor old dad looked ever so grateful.

What a wanker

Well done!
Old Jul 6th 2018, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Been out up the quacks and back to bed. 3 geniune sickies, thats gotta be a record. feeling slightly better after this afternoons sleep.

Just a heavy cold. Never got to take my dog for a walk though dammit.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

This is Eaglestone Rock, near Nungarin, in the WA Wheatbelt.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

. . . and this is the view from the summit of Mt Walker, a huge granite outcrop halfway between Narembeen and Hyden/Wave Rock (or, about 40 km from both). It's very hard to find literature about Mt Walker, but well worth a stop for anyone going out to Wave Rock or the Central/Eastern Wheatbelt. I did read somewhere that Mt Walker was 360 metres high - that seems an overestimate to me - but it is substantially higher than Wave Rock.

Old Jul 7th 2018, 3:34 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
. . . and this is the view from the summit of Mt Walker, a huge granite outcrop halfway between Narembeen and Hyden/Wave Rock (or, about 40 km from both). It's very hard to find literature about Mt Walker, but well worth a stop for anyone going out to Wave Rock or the Central/Eastern Wheatbelt. I did read somewhere that Mt Walker was 360 metres high - that seems an overestimate to me - but it is substantially higher than Wave Rock.

These are amazing photos. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to take a turn past there when my wife and I embark on our grey nomad adventures in a few years from now.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 3:38 am
Banned

I was going to post photos of some of the latest work done in my house but they'll distract from Carcajous awesome pics so I'll leave it for now
Old Jul 7th 2018, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Stayed Close to home today. Took a photo of one of Melbournes most famous landmarks... 300 meters or less from my place. Building a shopping center and cinema complex in there right at this moment..... 100's of trucks in and out every day.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 7th 2018 at 8:04 am.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Gardening ..... it was in a state after being away the past few weekends. .... glad it's a small garden but still took 4 hours.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 4:01 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

It would appear to be coming home, convincing win ...
Old Jul 7th 2018, 4:04 pm
Mostly Harmless

Shelving progressed too, it really does look great ...
Old Jul 7th 2018, 6:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by paulry
I was going to post photos of some of the latest work done in my house but they'll distract from Carcajous awesome pics so I'll leave it for now
Here they are. The old dad came back today on his own to finish off the door. He did a fairly good job, but probably it would have been better if his son hadn't played up so much yesterday. The fully lockable door separates the third main bathroom and the rumpus room from the rest of the house. A month or so ago I got the built in office cupboards in the rumpus room converted into a kitchenette. You can't see it in the photos but the small cupboard that you can just about see on the right side of the photo was removed from the left of the end to end counter in order to accommodate a small under counter fridge. I was pleased to be able to re-assemble the drawers too so it was a great result really. A proper kitchen laminate counter was glued to the top of basic cupboard top that was there and we fitted and plumbed the kitchen sink in. Amazing, I got the counter top measurement spot on, it slid in without even a millimeter to spare! The counter was quite narrow so I had to use a caravan sink, which seems to have worked very well. I was also able to get some splashback tiles to match fairly well those that were already on the floor. Now all that remains is to paint and varnish as needed, set up a separate electrical wiring circuit in case the tenant/lodger trips the electrics out while we're away, redevelop the crummy patio that we currently have so that they can enter the studio, and set up a combination locking system for the side gate entrance. Oh, and maybe add a reverse cycle air-con (gotta think about that one a bit since I want it to be as heat and cool efficient as possible and set it up so that it doesn't get left on 24/7. Once done, it'll be another little income stream ready for the final couple of laps towards retirement

Old Jul 7th 2018, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
It would appear to be coming home, convincing win ...
Sweden = shambles. How did they make it that far?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.