Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where has the 'Who Quoted me' option gone?

Where has the 'Who Quoted me' option gone?

Old Jun 12th 2014, 1:18 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where has the 'Who Quoted me' option gone?

As someone living with a degree of techno-apathy, I'm not a fan of the "changes".

I particularly don't like having to opt out of receiving messages from randoms who aren't registered users (if I'm reading that right.)

It's not good for me really.

We are talking someone who can't use a touch phone, can't be arsed changing between digital and whatever the other thing is on the tv remote, prefers to have an indicator on the right side of the car and still can't relate to the ring tone of my two week old $50 Nokia.

On the upside, I have dropped the new cheapo phone at least three times... to the point where is has come apart on the floor, and it still works.

Rant over.

I just want the old BE back.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 1:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
As someone living with a degree of techno-apathy, I'm not a fan of the "changes".

I particularly don't like having to opt out of receiving messages from randoms who aren't registered users (if I'm reading that right.)

It's not good for me really.

We are talking someone who can't use a touch phone, can't be arsed changing between digital and whatever the other thing is on the tv remote, prefers to have an indicator on the right side of the car and still can't relate to the ring tone of my two week old $50 Nokia.

On the upside, I have dropped the new cheapo phone at least three times... to the point where is has come apart on the floor, and it still works.

Rant over.

I just want the old BE back.
If you're talking about the 'visitors message' thing, don't worry, it's long (well a day) gone.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 1:24 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
If you're talking about the 'visitors message' thing, don't worry, it's long (well a day) gone.
Well that's good.

Will have to find a new reason to rock in the corner.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 5:29 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll miss the wqm option as I've a shocking memory I never remember anything, It's going to be difficult to continue threads that I've posted in
Old Jun 12th 2014, 7:46 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

WQM has been re-requested. As moneypenny said, it wasn't working properly at all after the upgrade, so instead of leaving a half-functioning feature, the admins just shut it off completely.

There's a link in my signature to the current "summary" of everything wrong with the site - current issues, requests, what's being worked on, what's been fixed, etc. If you have anything to add, please post in the one thread - I'm making an effort to combine all of the issues/requests/etc from across the board, so would make my life much easier if it's all in one spot.

Thanks guys!
Old Jun 17th 2014, 11:06 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
I'll miss the wqm option as I've a shocking memory I never remember anything, It's going to be difficult to continue threads that I've posted in
I understand, I was "the only one" who wanted it back. Thanks to SchnookoLoly it's now back on the list of things to be fixed, so I hope that it'll be back in due course, because I can't keep track of all the conversations I'm engaged in many threads across a number of sub-forums.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 11:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

People only ever quote me to ask me if I'm for real, or just say WTF, or to tell me I'm talking bollox, which in fairness is usually the case, I'm in the who cares bracket.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 12:06 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. So do people only go back to the thread if people quote/reply to them?
Old Jun 17th 2014, 12:57 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Interesting. So do people only go back to the thread if people quote/reply to them?
on some threads for sure

it's a great way to keep track of threads that you are involved in, but as I was saying there are a few ignorant posters who refuse to quote
Old Jun 17th 2014, 1:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
on some threads for sure

it's a great way to keep track of threads that you are involved in, but as I was saying there are a few ignorant posters who refuse to quote
I use Subscribed Threads to keep track of what I'm involved in, I have never used WQM and always quote people when replying, not ignorant either
Old Jun 17th 2014, 1:30 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I use Subscribed Threads to keep track of what I'm involved in, I have never used WQM and always quote people when replying, not ignorant either
Yep, same for me.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 1:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

But Subscribing requires me to do something, and then review each post to see if anyone quoted me, so I have to do two things which the BE forum used to do automatically for me. Replacing one automated task with two manual tasks is not my idea of progress!

I suspect that if you had used WQM you would have needed to subscribe to many few threads, if any. Those who used WQM found it very useful and time saving, allowing us to focus on threads where we were actively engaged.
No, but I would always go there (WQM) first, to see which threads I was getting comments, replies, or questions.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 17th 2014 at 1:40 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 1:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Pulaski
But Subscribing requires me to do something, and then review each post to see if anyone quoted me, so I have to do two things which the BE forum used to do automatically for me. Replacing one automated task with two manual tasks is not my idea of progress!

I suspect that if you had used WQM you would have needed to subscribe to many few threads, if any. Those who used WQM found it very useful and time saving, allowing us to focus on threads where we were actively engaged..
Not knocking how anyone uses BE, I've just never felt the need to use WQM. They are working on getting a working version back, they've got a few issues to get to, don't know where this one is on their list.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 2:26 pm
Concierge

This is being discussed in the General Site Issues thread (link in signature) - please try to keep it to one spot, saves me from running around to work out where issues are popping up. Thanks!

(And as rebs said in the other thread, commenting on a post automatically subscribes you to it, so you aren't actually doing anything extra.)
Old Jun 17th 2014, 3:41 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes yes! Occasionally I can post something random and it can have lots of replies other times I post something quite helpful and no one pays the slight bit of interest

If you have many posts over the different sub forums it's a huge time saver to see which topics are getting the replies as opposed to searching every single thread you've commented in for me, I usually post something then go do something else then pop back so using the ticker isn't optional either!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.