Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where to go on holiday from Perth?

Wikiposts

Where to go on holiday from Perth?

Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

sylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the rough
Default Where to go on holiday from Perth?

Hi,

We've been living in Perth almost 2 years now and my mum is visiting next month and we want to go somewhere.

The consensus was to go to Broome, however, not only have I heard its not a nice place (from other posts on this site) the flights cost more to get to Broome than to Sydney!

Needless to say, we have been down to Margaret River about 5 times now and have well and truly done it now. Would like to go to Albany etc but it may be rather chilly next month.

Does anyone know anywhere nice up the coast eg Kalbarri, coral bay, exmouth that may be worth visiting? or shall we just leave WA and go east!?

It will only be for a week btw.

Look forward to hearing others experiences!

Lisa
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where to go on holiday from Perth?

Is it your Mum's first trip over?

I know you've done Margaret River to death (as we have) but it has a lot of things to do considering you've only got a week.

The vineyards, little beaches, Busselton close by (the jetty & aquarium), go down to Augusta, the caves etc.

I've got family coming over in November and we'll definitely be going down to the Marg' River region.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:08 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sylvesterthecat
Hi,

We've been living in Perth almost 2 years now and my mum is visiting next month and we want to go somewhere.

The consensus was to go to Broome, however, not only have I heard its not a nice place (from other posts on this site) the flights cost more to get to Broome than to Sydney!

Needless to say, we have been down to Margaret River about 5 times now and have well and truly done it now. Would like to go to Albany etc but it may be rather chilly next month.

Does anyone know anywhere nice up the coast eg Kalbarri, coral bay, exmouth that may be worth visiting? or shall we just leave WA and go east!?

It will only be for a week btw.

Look forward to hearing others experiences!

Lisa
Over here in VIctoria we have thousands of great places to holiday and visit within driving distance, The great ocean road, Wisons prom, The snowy mountains and ski fields, THe Grampians the gold fields, tHe Yarra valley wine district and so on, it seems all you have over in Perth in MArgaret river
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Over here in VIctoria we have thousands of great places to holiday and visit within driving distance, The great ocean road, Wisons prom, The snowy mountains and ski fields, THe Grampians the gold fields, tHe Yarra valley wine district and so on, it seems all you have over in Perth in MArgaret river
Now that's not very helpful, is it?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

sylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mohogony
tell me about it
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Is it your Mum's first trip over?

I know you've done Margaret River to death (as we have) but it has a lot of things to do considering you've only got a week.

The vineyards, little beaches, Busselton close by (the jetty & aquarium), go down to Augusta, the caves etc.

I've got family coming over in November and we'll definitely be going down to the Marg' River region.
No - it's mum's 2nd time over. We went with her the first time and went to Busselton - (jetty and aquarium currently closed for renovations), vineyards (lots!) - so I guess maybe we could do augusta? I'm hoping there is something besides the MR though...
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sylvesterthecat
No - it's mum's 2nd time over. We went with her the first time and went to Busselton - (jetty and aquarium currently closed for renovations), vineyards (lots!) - so I guess maybe we could do augusta? I'm hoping there is something besides the MR though...
Unless you want to travel a huge distance, there really isn't much else to do here in WA.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

There a heaps of nice drives to go not far out of Perth. Take you mum to New Norcia for a couple of days. Just drive and explore.

http://www.newnorcia.wa.edu.au/tourist_information.htm

By the way, Broome is a nice place.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

friends of mine have just been up to kalbarri and coral bay, looked lovely from the photos and from what they've said so why not try there? would certainly be warmer than coming down south... although saying that i cant get enough of MR and surrounds...
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:15 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Where to go on holiday from Perth?

Done Rotto yet? Great place for a holiday.

Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Done Rotto yet? Great place for a holiday.

Yep - sailed, snorkelled, walked - agree it is a lovely place.
thanks for the suggestion.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bridie
friends of mine have just been up to kalbarri and coral bay, looked lovely from the photos and from what they've said so why not try there? would certainly be warmer than coming down south... although saying that i cant get enough of MR and surrounds...
His Mother has only got a weeks holiday. Kalbarri takes a couple of days to drive there and a couple of days to drive back. Not worth the bother unless you do 2 weeks at least.

Fly to Bali? Might get a few cheap deals now?

How about Rotto for a week? Bali might be cheaper though
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stm1971
Unless you want to travel a huge distance, there really isn't much else to do here in WA.
Very harsh, but very true.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northernlights
His Mother has only got a weeks holiday. Kalbarri takes a couple of days to drive there and a couple of days to drive back. Not worth the bother unless you do 2 weeks at least.

Fly to Bali? Might get a few cheap deals now?

How about Rotto for a week? Bali might be cheaper though
Her mother! I'm a lady! my mum is actually here for 2 months but my DH can only get a week off work - I guess we could always continue without him.

So it seems there are slim pickings - maybe we should bite the bullet and do Broome regardless of the expense. At least its only a 2 hr flight. It's odd because the government want you to spend your money in WA but they make it so expensive!

thanks for all your responses.

Lisa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.