Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where does it have.........

Wikiposts

Where does it have.........

Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where does it have.........

Originally Posted by Hels
Oh, I got my eye on you to, HP!! Dont you worry bout that!!

I understand that, but it just irks me that we are all bloody adults and if someone is willing to make statements like have been made, they have to be able to suffer the consequences! If people dont like reading it, then they dont have to, right?

It should not be deleted!!

Hels, I agree, but sometimes things get a bit out of hand - Ben and someone else got into a bit of a schoolboy spat about football and the someone else dragged ME into it - so I was right impressed. Actually, dragging me into it is what got Ben really irked.

But when other folk p you off on the forum then you can do what we did..... 1. ignore some folk
2. apologise to some folk(if you know you've been a tit - thanks for being gracious in accepting our apology and returning the favour)

Or failing that, a good dose of 'I know where you live' and getting the boys to go round there should sort out the issue!!!

Pam.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kiwichild
And I suppose you don't start the personal abuse at all then? If mods read the threads before they closed them they woudl see just who started the trouble, and it wasn't me.

Your just an aussie who can't handle any criticism of your country and no doubt don't care for kiwis either. So what? Thank god you aren't a moderator is all I have to say

Yes, I am an Aussie....and yes I can handle and give critisim of my own country. I support constructive critisim and encourage it...

However your pathetic little whines about Australians are not constructive, neither are they, on the whole true. Yes they are YOUR experience(as you keep banging on about) however what you dont take into account is the way you are perceived by others. Judging by the way you are on here, its no bloody wonder Aussies dont have a thing to do with you. Its nothing to do with their shallowness, its that we just cant be bothered with your type.

As for starting the trouble!! All I did was respond to your posts and you didnt like it! As you say you wont back away from what you believe, neither will i. But point out where I have called you names? Apart from whiney etc...because that is just a fact!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:08 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

the rules for the Barbie on what threads can and cant be started?

This is meant to be for off-topic discussion, doesnt say anywhere it has to be all nicey nicey or it will be deleted?

I want a list of what can and cant be posted, or it should be open to whatever WE want to post!

Can we post threads asking for information clarification, or is this going to be deleted too?
just read it all meself!
tit for tat mainly (IMHO)and i think a lot worse has gone on in the lounge.
why not just move squabbles to TIO and let em get on with it
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BenandPam
Hels, I agree, but sometimes things get a bit out of hand - Ben and someone else got into a bit of a schoolboy spat about football and the someone else dragged ME into it - so I was right impressed. Actually, dragging me into it is what got Ben really irked.

But when other folk p you off on the forum then you can do what we did..... 1. ignore some folk
2. apologise to some folk(if you know you've been a tit - thanks for being gracious in accepting our apology and returning the favour)

Or failing that, a good dose of 'I know where you live' and getting the boys to go round there should sort out the issue!!!

Pam.

LOL....Lovin' ya work, girl!!

Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wengerboy
just read it all meself!
tit for tat mainly (IMHO)and i think a lot worse has gone on in the lounge.
why not just move squabbles to TIO and let em get on with it

I agree! I dont think threads should be deleted unless there is illegal stuff promoted on them.

The TIO idea, I think is a good one. Thats what its there for afterall
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:14 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I am an Aussie....and yes I can handle and give critisim of my own country. I support constructive critisim and encourage it...

However your pathetic little whines about Australians are not constructive, neither are they, on the whole true. Yes they are YOUR experience(as you keep banging on about) however what you dont take into account is the way you are perceived by others. Judging by the way you are on here, its no bloody wonder Aussies dont have a thing to do with you. Its nothing to do with their shallowness, its that we just cant be bothered with your type.

As for starting the trouble!! All I did was respond to your posts and you didnt like it! As you say you wont back away from what you believe, neither will i. But point out where I have called you names? Apart from whiney etc...because that is just a fact!
You were the one who started the abuse and taking digs at me. I merely responded and didn't even call you an idiot until I had had enough. You are like most of your type I havemet don't know when to shutup and give it a rest.

In NZ we have a method for dealing with people like you, it's called a smack in the mouth.

And by the way you know nothing of my life, the people in it or what kind of person I am, and realy you re of no significance to me. The only reason i even bother replying to your posts is because I can and have nothign better to do today.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, re the Football thread - I don't read football threads, and noone reported any to me, so clearly noone had a problem with it, or not that they were willing to complain about.

As for the rest - the trick is to try and allow stuff to go to a certain extent, which I have done; the slanging latches have gone on for days on Lifestyle on some threads. Noone has complained, but finally there comes a point on some threads when the posts cease to contain useful/interesting/entertaining stuff, and just contain insults. Then when a thread is started specifically to stir up trouble - its just pointless! Incidentally, I haven't noticed the starter of that thread complaining at its deletion, maybe he accepts the point I was trying to make

Finally, everyone has the ability to report a post they don't like. If you report a post using the blue square on the post itself, then the reporting notice goes to all mods on that forum, and to the Admin people - Sue & Paul. Mods don't always agree on the decisions taken by one of their number - we are only human after all - and if anyone has an issue or feels a mod is being unfair, then I suggest they email/pm Sue or Paul and ask their opinion. Its their site after all.....

Now...can I please go and open the mail and see if my blinking visa has arrived yet !
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:53 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
finally there comes a point on some threads when the posts cease to contain useful/interesting/entertaining stuff, and just contain insults. Then when a thread is started specifically to stir up trouble - its just pointless!
Indeed. This one's heading that way. It's only serving as a vehicle for a couple of posters to slag each other off
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Finally, everyone has the ability to report a post they don't like. If you report a post using the blue square on the post itself, then the reporting notice goes to all mods on that forum, and to the Admin people - Sue & Paul. Mods don't always agree on the decisions taken by one of their number - we are only human after all - and if anyone has an issue or feels a mod is being unfair, then I suggest they email/pm Sue or Paul and ask their opinion. Its their site after all.....
I keep saying that too. Stop copying me