Where can i live

Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:21 am
Where's my visa?

cascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant future
Default Where can i live

Please help. We are hoping to move to the Brisbane area Easter 2008, but i have no idea where i can go. I and OH have a gaping wide hole in what we want, so any geographical genius out there, this is for you.

Within 30km of Brissie CBD
within 10km (or much less please) of beach
Direct transport links to city
not too expensive (500000)ish
good schools for kids
good shops (for me)

any ideas?

Lianne
Old Nov 11th 2007, 9:50 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can i live

Originally Posted by cascrew
Please help. We are hoping to move to the Brisbane area Easter 2008, but i have no idea where i can go. I and OH have a gaping wide hole in what we want, so any geographical genius out there, this is for you.

good schools for kids
good shops (for me)

any ideas?

Lianne
That place doesn't actually exist. There are no 'proper' beaches within about 40km of Brisbane. There are mud flats with the odd bit of sand but you have to get in the car and drive to a real beach.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Richard007 will become famous soon enough

maybe the sunshine coast might be the answer...right down south though.!!...maybe Caloundra!!...may be an hour to brissy though
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:21 am
Where's my visa?

cascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant future

Thanx, i had looked at Colundra, seemed a bit too far from Brissie, i just need sun and sand
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

What about Redcliffe way? Not the best beach but midway between City and Sunshine Coast
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:36 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

good schools for kids
good shops (for me)

any ideas?

Lianne
hmm... another NORTH lakes Resident !!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:38 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx, i had looked at Colundra, seemed a bit too far from Brissie, i just need sun and sand
After 1 week.. the sun bit will lose its appeal...

I dont know of anyone, sunbathing in Australia ( personally that is )

Its something we have never done, none of our friends have done it.. and well ppl dont sunbathe...

Actors n actresses on neighbours and home and away do.. but not real ppl
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:52 am
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

I think Teens and young adults are the sunbathers. Families go to the beach the sake of the kids and a swim in the sea.

I used to go to the beach and sit and contemplate my life in Aus, and what was at the other side of the ocean?! LOL
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:26 pm
Where's my visa?

What do you mean ppl don't sunbathe, i'm dieting like a woman possessed to get the perfect beach bod where is North Lakes and is it full of expats
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Not being funny - but skin cancer is a real risk. I have a large extended family in Oz who were born and brought up there and they never go in the sun without suncream, hat, loose clothing etc. You get brown by accident over there.

Go to the beach and have a lovely time, but protect yourself.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:47 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

good schools for kids
good shops (for me)

any ideas?

Lianne
Sounds to me like your best compromise could be Redcliffe. 35 KM to the CBD, train station 10 min drive away (with parking). Some half decent beaches and plenty to do for the kiddy winkles. $500K will get you a decent house. Some good schools - apparently. North Lakes and Chermside shopping centres (huge) just a short drive away!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
It's about 40KM North of Brisbane, 10KM West of the Ocean and YES in answer to your last question!
Artistic License??? lol

Last edited by gedge; Nov 12th 2007 at 10:57 pm. Reason: as above
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:00 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Not being funny - but skin cancer is a real risk. I have a large extended family in Oz who were born and brought up there and they never go in the sun without suncream, hat, loose clothing etc. You get brown by accident over there.

Go to the beach and have a lovely time, but protect yourself.
Beach and loose clothing ... ideal combination in my book
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:03 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Artistic License??? lol
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

30K to CBD:
When we did the near to the CBD we just got a compass and drew a circle and looked at all those places on google earth to see what sort of areas they were (ie we wanted rural so looked for what was in the circle that was rural)

10k to beach:
We dont sunbathe over here and dont know anyone who does, assuming you want beach ton sunbathe (this novelty will wear off) or if you want water for boat then thats diff. Not sure you'll find a "beach" around here, better looking at Gold/Sunshine coast. Or if you want water sports you could live near the river? We do odd day trip to the beach as in surfers or straddie, but our little kids are happy with big sandpit before 10am and after 3pm....

Train to city:
We decided we wanted treain to work so literally drove round the train stations looking for houses for sale, we found one lived there 2 years decided public transport wasn everything and decided to move to what we wanted minus the train link....

COST:
Its gone/going up, just look well on the realestate.com.au site and you can see whats in your range you will see some houses cost more just for the postcode

SCHOOLS:
Private or public? You know we have moved partly for the school....and think Uni too it may not be long off ;-)

SHOPS:
There is some good DFO shopping and no shortage of meadowhall/white rose type palces and some smaller local ones, but there is no MandS, Next, BHS....but you survice.

My best advice is live here a while you probably wont get house choice right the first time, think what you want from day to day living the types of things you wanna do and what sort of property will help you do that.

Vicky
Been here nearly 3 years now ! Loving it. West Yorks to Bayside -'04 to Karana Downs Acreage '07, 4 of us and now all Aussies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.