Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

When's this place going to grow up ?

When's this place going to grow up ?

Old Nov 8th 2009, 9:58 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When's this place going to grow up ?

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
I truly have had a gut full of it. Yes, I have Asperger's, I make no excuse for how my mind works. There is one thing above all that I have though given my AS & that is a strong sense of fairness,
Wow, sorry to hear that ... I have very close links with someone who has Aspergers. Trying to get her to post on an internet forum would be almost impossible as she just wouldnt be able to cope with everything, or understand properly what people were conveying to her. A sense of fairness would be, should I say, not present because of that

You're doing extremely well to be able to post here then!
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:01 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

It's not an easy job - I ran a very successful forum for 6 years and you can't please all of the people all of the time. What offends one, another will find funny or not register at all. The key is to finding what suits the majority, based on the audience. And, yes, consistency.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:02 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
However, it would be nice to see everyone beaten with the same stick for the same offence & sadly, that simply doesn't happen!
Oh, OK ... well it should do in an ideal world, but I guess mods are only human and aint here all the time anyway so things do get missed sometimes. But thats not done on purpose .... its not easy, as you say
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:02 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Possibly there's more going on than a lot of people would be aware of, just a thought.
It's a filthy, dirty business alright moneypenny.
If they only knew the full extent of the filth and dirt perhaps they wouldn't be so bloody cavalier. But they shall not hear a word about it from my lips.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Call me AL
If they only knew the full extent of the filth and dirt perhaps they wouldn't be so bloody cavalier. But they shall not hear a word about it from my lips.
Yeah & I bet you were a right fanny tease in your youth too!
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:09 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness, I would hate to be a mod, because there are many occasions that they can't do right for wrong!
Where do you draw the line? It's a tricky one.
However, it would be nice to see everyone beaten with the same stick for the same offence & sadly, that simply doesn't happen!
Sadly there are black and whites such as the site rules. Then there are the various shades of grey in between for things which do not fall neatly into those tick boxes.

The people who volunteer to moderate only do so from a desire to make this forum a better place for all. I think most of the time it works out that way. But we are only human and just try to do the right thing, but much like any human endevour its not going to be perfect.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:09 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah & I bet you were a right fanny tease in your youth too!
Don't know what you mean I'm sure.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:11 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

- you promised you wouldn't kiss and tell ...
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:13 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Wow, sorry to hear that ... You're doing extremely well to be able to post here then!
Hmmm, your friend obviously hasnt had the life experiences that I have in dealing with people.
Bottom line for me is that offense, sarcasm & other crap doesnt offend me, it fuels my thought process.

I'd like to ask you a question actually... Were you asked to come on this forum because the others couldnt handle it ? Been on this forum since august 2003, cant recall you being here on the barbie.
Are you like "the wrath" ? Theres always a internet hero in print (ONLY)

Banning me yet mitzy boy ?
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I tell you, my hair was straight before I started Modding. It's curled up tight now from some of the horrors I see on a daily basis It's not easy being a Mod, there's some right scary shit out there Thankfully that huge pay cheque each month helps lighten the pressure.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:14 am
saoirse

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
- you promised you wouldn't kiss and tell ...

Promise a lot of things sweetcheeks. Only mean half of them.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know what you mean I'm sure.

Originally Posted by Centurion
Sadly there are black and whites such as the site rules. Then there are the various shades of grey in between for things which do not fall neatly into those tick boxes.

The people who volunteer to moderate only do so from a desire to make this forum a better place for all. I think most of the time it works out that way. But we are only human and just try to do the right thing, but much like any human endevour its not going to be perfect.
I completely understand that but it is very difficult when you can see trends for certain posters getting away with posting stuff that others get pounced on for.
I also think that it is something that none fo us should take too seriously though as it is only an internet forum & that includes you Luke sweetie!
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I tell you, my hair was straight before I started Modding. It's curled up tight now from some of the horrors I see on a daily basis It's not easy being a Mod, there's some right scary shit out there Thankfully that huge pay cheque each month helps lighten the pressure.
send cash c/o luke shit stirrer via western union only pls
Senior Moment

Hmmm, your friend obviously hasnt had the life experiences that I have in dealing with people.
Bottom line for me is that offense, sarcasm & other crap doesnt offend me, it fuels my though process.

I'd like to ask you a question actually... Were you asked to come on this forum because the others couldnt handle it ? Been on this forum since august 2003, cant recall you being here on the barbie.

Not a friend ..... my niece. Maybe she hasn't Luke, I dont know ... as you know there are so many aspects to it.

No of course I wasnt asked to come on this forum at all, mods are here already .... as a SM I am always here, just found several things to comment on that were of interest to me, thats all.

Internet hero ... banning? I dont know why you had to throw that into the pot on here
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bottom line for me is that offense, sarcasm & other crap doesnt offend me, it fuels my thought process.

Hey! Now you are just being paranoid Luke! Mitzyboy has been on here before, in fact his username always makes me chuckle as I work with a very nice lady called Mitzy!

Now, if we can get back to Al & his promises, that should be interesting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.