British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   When will it stop ...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/when-will-stop-503150/)

BandS Jan 3rd 2008 5:59 am

When will it stop ......

RAINING

We live in the Hinterland and we have had so much of the stuff now that we could proberbly use our boat as a bl***y Ark.:mad:

Our poor little shetland pony has not been dry for over a week, the paddock is like a mud pile and our 2 lambs refuse to come out of their shelter.:blink:

The rain has also caused some ground to slip away at the back of the house leaving a huge tree looking very unsteady.....had the tree looper round today and it is going to cost us 1600 bucks to get it taken down before it comes through the house!!!!!:curse:

OK RANT OVER......... FEEL BETTER NOW:o

Sharon

moneypenny20 Jan 3rd 2008 6:03 am

Re: When will it stop ......

Our boat trailer's axels are now below ground level so it's good that the weather is so shite we can't take it out. I wouldn't mind so much but when I leave here and go down to Robina or somewhere, it seems bright and dry(ish). Looks set for another week I think. The kids go back to school 29th Jan, it'll be hot as by the 1st Feb:rolleyes:

steve`o Jan 3rd 2008 6:09 am

Originally Posted by BandS (Post 5732667)
RAINING

We live in the Hinterland and we have had so much of the stuff now that we could proberbly use our boat as a bl***y Ark.:mad:

Our poor little shetland pony has not been dry for over a week, the paddock is like a mud pile and our 2 lambs refuse to come out of their shelter.:blink:

The rain has also caused some ground to slip away at the back of the house leaving a huge tree looking very unsteady.....had the tree looper round today and it is going to cost us 1600 bucks to get it taken down before it comes through the house!!!!!:curse:

OK RANT OVER......... FEEL BETTER NOW:o

Sharon

mum !!!
can i have some sweeties :rofl:

BandS Jan 3rd 2008 6:11 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 5732677)
mum !!!
can i have some sweeties :rofl:

Get back to building your deck!!! and happy new year

Sharon

KLF Jan 3rd 2008 6:12 am

The rain is fantastic. :thumbsup:

moneypenny20 Jan 3rd 2008 6:15 am

Originally Posted by KLF (Post 5732680)

It is. The cold is not. Not having a decent bath is not. I'm pissed off and grumpy and it's relatively rare for me. Wish we'd bought a second tank when we got the first. We'd be supplying GC by now:lol:

BandS Jan 3rd 2008 6:16 am

Originally Posted by KLF (Post 5732680)

I know I know...... but enough is enough :eek:

Sharon

steve`o Jan 3rd 2008 6:19 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BandS (Post 5732678)
Get back to building your deck!!! and happy new year

Sharon

not much deck building going on at the mo mum :rofl:
in fact i havnt managed a single piece in over a week ;)

ps are you guys home tommorrow night ???

steve`o Jan 3rd 2008 6:20 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 5732685)
It is. The cold is not. Not having a decent bath is not. I'm pissed off and grumpy and it's relatively rare for me. Wish we'd bought a second tank when we got the first. We'd be supplying GC by now:lol:

our tanks still outside unconnected
bloody shame with all this free wet stuff

anyone know a decent plumber :rofl:

BandS Jan 3rd 2008 6:25 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 5732699)
our tanks still outside unconnected
bloody shame with all this free wet stuff

anyone know a decent plumber :rofl:

Think I know of one......fairly decent. Will give you his name and number tomorrow night ;)

Sharon

moneypenny20 Jan 3rd 2008 6:28 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 5732696)
not much deck building going on at the mo mum :rofl:
in fact i havnt managed a single piece in over a week ;)

ps are you guys home tommorrow night ???

You've got some good gloss on that timber Steve :rofl:

steve`o Jan 3rd 2008 6:30 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 5732715)
You've got some good gloss on that timber Steve :rofl:

its the wet look :rofl:

rebnatoli Jan 3rd 2008 8:36 am

Our first rain tank should be in by the end of Jan - I'm sure it'll stop raining the day it gets connected up!

shiels Jan 3rd 2008 8:57 am

Our 3 tanks are overflowing now its such a waste!!! C x

JackTheLad Jan 3rd 2008 10:33 am

My own personal theory on QLD weather is it gets stuck in a rut. You can have 7 weeks of wall to wall sunshine, but you can also get 3 weeks of constant drizzle (the first time my parents visited the sunshine state 3 years ago :o)

Its not changeable like the UK or Melbourne. We are in a rainy rut now, there are low pressure systems off the coast, that will keep driving rain into us.

When will they move? who knows, probably when my parents leave this time :o. I can imagine my parents reaction to 'the sunshine state' tag. :p "it rains constantly there, sunshine state my arse"

Still, good steady rain, can't complain. Another couple of days of this and we will all be sorted.

JTL