Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

when will my bl***y house sell

Wikiposts

when will my bl***y house sell

Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future
Default Re: when will my bl***y house sell

Originally Posted by robos
hi all just an update

here we are 6 weeks on and not a bl**dy sniff of anyone

the estate agent says its because of the new hips packs (whateva or houses are selling) i suggested that the price may be putting people off but he says not they would still be looking and putting silly offers in if that was the case????

my god this is soooo frustrating im starting to despise ever buying this house:curse:
its we just want to be there now
ah well thats made me feel a bit better now thats off my chest

jan xx
Poor you, we are going through exactly the same at the mo too. Keep your chin up and keep hassling the agents. Will keep all crossed for you as that is all that is holding us back now.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:06 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bishop3912
Poor you, we are going through exactly the same at the mo too. Keep your chin up and keep hassling the agents. Will keep all crossed for you as that is all that is holding us back now.

thanks

its crap though isnt it you dont put it up for sale before you get your visa incase you dont get it and now were stuck with it (if we had of put it up before it would be just our luck to of sold it straight away and not got our visas) cant have everything hey!!!

good luck with yours
sending k

jan xx
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:19 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbeeb
ours took ages to sell as well, can you ask friends to pretend they are interested in buying a house similiar to you and see what the EA directs them to? I remember watching selling houses program and the presenter said that any good EA should be able to sell houses no matter the market. That gave us a wake up call as all we had listened to was excuses. WE got ours sold 2 weeks after new EA took over. Hassle them. make sure house is immaculate. Good luck

thanks for the advice
jan xx

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Just hang in there matey, it'll sell eventually. Just flippin' frustrating waiting though..... keeping everything crossed for you.

D D xx

PS ours goes on the market in a couple of weeks time, have absolutely no idea how long it'll take....
Originally Posted by GinaUK
D D xx

thanks D D
hope yours doesnt take as long as ours

jan xx
ps
nice to hear from you

(sorry to OP for hi-jacking thread for personal message).

Good luck with the house sale!!! Our house has "sold" but waiting to exchange contracts (therefore not really counting it as sold).

If the house is really sold we hope to fly out on 5 August (too scared to book tickets in case the house sale falls through).

Take care!

Gina
its ok gina anyone can hyjack
thanks for the wishes

hope your completion goes through
just book them flights girl and get yourself off

jan xx
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:07 am
Diane T

diitbrown will become famous soon enoughdiitbrown will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TheHallidays
Hi Robos,

Totally sympathise - our house has been up for sale for a similar length of time and in the end we've left it up for sale and moved anyway. We came to Perth at the beginning of January, just secured a job in time before we left(although we were coming anyway - had already booked the flights).

It's not easy paying rent over here and mortgage over there on 1 wage (hubby now earning too - first pay tomorrow, yippee!), but we figured we'd be really fed up waiting. I am getting worried though about it never selling and also just heard about the darn home information packs - how am I going to arrange one of them from over here?!

Anyway - if you can I would consider moving anyway, it gives you chance for a really good look at all the areas without money burning a hole in your pocket. We're kind of glad in a way that we can't buy - it hopefully will make sure that when we buy we are certain.

Good luck anyway whichever way it goes.......

Jane x
Hi

We are in the same boat. Ours has been up for 16 months and we just came anyway. We have a buyer now (at last) after 2 sales previously falling through at the last minute. So fingers crossed for this time.

I would say if you can get here and manage moneywise, just do it!

Oh by the way - we had a hidden deal with our lender. We where entitled to a 6 month repayment holiday - we've done that which helped - maybe all of you out there could look to see if your lender has the same deal?

Good luck everyone, hope your houses sell quick and for a great price!

Di XX
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:32 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

We are exactly the same, house been on the market since January, only had 3 viewers and no-one interested

I don't want to go and leave it un sold not sure I could deal with the stress, couldn't afford to anyway.

Anyway fingers x'd for everyone (including me) that we can all sell soon
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise
Hi all

We are exactly the same, house been on the market since January, only had 3 viewers and no-one interested

I don't want to go and leave it un sold not sure I could deal with the stress, couldn't afford to anyway.

Anyway fingers x'd for everyone (including me) that we can all sell soon
Sent you all some good luck karma

We've been for sale since 1st march, got visa just need to get a 'sold' on the board

Last edited by curly; Jun 5th 2007 at 5:39 am.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly

We've been for sale since 1st march, got visa just need to get a 'sold' on the board
emmmm where's my good luck karma...???
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandy x
emmmm where's my good luck karma...???
special ones sent to you
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

special ones sent to you
thanks matey...
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:33 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers curly, k coming right back at ya
Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=robos;4628381][quote=rebnatoli;4626221]Is it usual in your area for houses to take a long time to sell? Have you compared yours to others on rightmove or other similar websites to ensure the price is right, presentation etc - drive by appeal etc? Also have you done any viewings yourself - I found this is the only way to get good feedback rather than waiting for agents to give me any. Do the agents agree with you on price etc? Have they any comments on presentation.[ quote]

Hi

yes weve done all that and still we wait

the estate agents are the ones who told us the price

jan xx

[quote]Hi Robos,

Totally sympathise - our house has been up for sale for a similar length of time and in the end we've left it up for sale and moved anyway. We came to Perth at the beginning of January, just secured a job in time before we left(although we were coming anyway - had already booked the flights).

It's not easy paying rent over here and mortgage over there on 1 wage (hubby now earning too - first pay tomorrow, yippee!), but we figured we'd be really fed up waiting. I am getting worried though about it never selling and also just heard about the darn home information packs - how am I going to arrange one of them from over here?!

Anyway - if you can I would consider moving anyway, it gives you chance for a really good look at all the areas without money burning a hole in your pocket. We're kind of glad in a way that we can't buy - it hopefully will make sure that when we buy we are certain.

Jane x

hi jane

we cant afford to just leave it and sell we used any spare money we had to validate

still hopefully it wont be too much longer

as for you dont worry about the home buyers pack thingy our estate agent told if your on the market before the deadline then you dont need one
good luck with yours

jan xx
There may be an option depending on how desperate you are and you financial circumstances...

Do a search for 'buy property for cash' and a load of companies come up who will buy your home immediately for cash.

Problem is they usually pay between 80 - 85% of the 'market value'.

Of course you don't pay estate agents fees or (usually) solicitors fees.

I'm not advising this to anyone, but it could work for you. I've calculated for my house and reckon I will do it if i can't sell in time - it'll probably cost me £15k - 22k over what I'd call my bottom reasonable price for the house.

Still, its a lot of money to lose.

Z
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:58 pm
one day rodders !!!

Hi all

thanks for yur good wishes
if only things would go to plan for all of us eh?
we dont need this stress after all the stress weve been through getting the visas in the first place

ah well here's my wishes back to everyone in this situation
good luck sell fast and have a fantastic life

jan xx

Hi Robos,

Jane x

There may be an option depending on how desperate you are and you financial circumstances...

Do a search for 'buy property for cash' and a load of companies come up who will buy your home immediately for cash.

Problem is they usually pay between 80 - 85% of the 'market value'.

Of course you don't pay estate agents fees or (usually) solicitors fees.

I'm not advising this to anyone, but it could work for you. I've calculated for my house and reckon I will do it if i can't sell in time - it'll probably cost me £15k - 22k over what I'd call my bottom reasonable price for the house.

Still, its a lot of money to lose.

Z
thanks for that jane
i have looked into that and even the ones that offer 95% of the market value are too low for us i would like to know who does the valuing!

good luck with yours

jan xx
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:05 am
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Originally Posted by robos
Hi all

thanks for yur good wishes
if only things would go to plan for all of us eh?
we dont need this stress after all the stress weve been through getting the visas in the first place

ah well here's my wishes back to everyone in this situation
good luck sell fast and have a fantastic life

jan xx

thanks for that jane
i have looked into that and even the ones that offer 95% of the market value are too low for us i would like to know who does the valuing!

good luck with yours

jan xx

Just read this thread and we are in a dilemma with our house. We haven't had a viewing on it for ages. Apparently the price is OK, and as I used to be in real estate a few years ago I have a good idea of how it all works. It's the only thing keeping us back, I have a job waiting as well and we had hoped to move in September, but that is looking a distant prospect. The most disheartening thing is watching all the people we have got to know from BE move and get on with their lives while we are still here watching the new users on the site who are just starting out on the adventure. We have had visas for 10 weeks and can't do a thing.
So I know how you feel.
Good Luck anyway.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

At last we have had an offer on the house first offer 2k below, we said no as you're not supposed to accept first offer!!!! they've offered 1k below now, so accepted it!!!!! BUT....only one of their houses is sold, but is expecting an offer on other one this week, and they're both first time buyer type homes, so hopefully it's looking good!!!!! it's still on market though till they sell!!! but someone wants my house WHOOOOOOO
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

At last we have had an offer on the house first offer 2k below, we said no as you're not supposed to accept first offer!!!! they've offered 1k below now, so accepted it!!!!! BUT....only one of their houses is sold, but is expecting an offer on other one this week, and they're both first time buyer type homes, so hopefully it's looking good!!!!! it's still on market though till they sell!!! but someone wants my house WHOOOOOOO
Woo Hoo N - that's fab news! Fingers crossed it goes well from here on now.

Ann

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.