Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

When they going to do something about it?

When they going to do something about it?

Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default When they going to do something about it?

The junction of Connolly Drive and Selkirk Drive, in Kinross! Yet another nasty crash there tonight!!
Since they have opened the ex on connolly it is a bloody nightmare to get out (by IGA).
The area used to be so very quiet, but now its like a bloody rat race. God knows how bad its going to gt when the freeway opens.
That is now the 3rd nasty crash in a year? Surely this should be addressed!!!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:21 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When they going to do something about it?

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
The junction of Connolly Drive and Selkirk Drive, in Kinross! Yet another nasty crash there tonight!!
Since they have opened the ex on connolly it is a bloody nightmare to get out (by IGA).
The area used to be so very quiet, but now its like a bloody rat race. God knows how bad its going to gt when the freeway opens.
Write to your councillor and get as many people you know who use the road to write too. Better still start a petition and go and stand at the shops and get people to sign. Loud voices will get heard eventually and traffic accident stats speak for themselves.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

That intersection is terrible. If we come out of the IGA trying to turn right onto Connolly is a nightmare. It's bad enough on a Sunday afternoon, I wouldn't even attempt it on a weekday during rush hour.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 5:43 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Another smaller roundabout would do it ...

The cars travelling Northwards 'should' have sufficiently slowed on the roundabout previous.

The other shocker is the bottom of Golf Links Drive onto Wanneroo ... that has the potential to see a young family wiped off the planet by a 30 wheeler ...

Regards

3 Legs Urban Planning

Old Sep 19th 2008, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That intersection is terrible. If we come out of the IGA trying to turn right onto Connolly is a nightmare. It's bad enough on a Sunday afternoon, I wouldn't even attempt it on a weekday during rush hour.
You wanna try living here!!!
When we moved here 4years ago, it was so quiet and 'suburban' Its a bloody nightmare now!!:curse:
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:23 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Hi Sandra and others. I rarely visit the forum these days as there's too much else going on in my life! One of these things is getting the Kinross Residents Association up and running again, initially to address issues such as Connolly Drive, antisocial behaviour, and hopefully beyond this to provide more of a focus for the community with social events etc.

We've already succeeded in persuading the City of Joondalup to sort the road problem; there'll be lights at the junction that you mention, along with two further roundabouts in Kinross (albeit not until this time next year, when the remaining piece of Connolly Drive through Kinross has been widened).

The next is antisocial behaviour. We've been campaigning for better policing and CCTV at the skate park. Our next public meeting (on Wednesday 22nd at 8pm at MacNaughton Clubrooms) will have more info on progress with these issues; the police, local mp and councillors will attend. Please come along and support what we're trying to do!

Brian
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:26 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news Brian.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

Originally Posted by bal56
Hi Sandra and others. I rarely visit the forum these days as there's too much else going on in my life! One of these things is getting the Kinross Residents Association up and running again, initially to address issues such as Connolly Drive, antisocial behaviour, and hopefully beyond this to provide more of a focus for the community with social events etc.

We've already succeeded in persuading the City of Joondalup to sort the road problem; there'll be lights at the junction that you mention, along with two further roundabouts in Kinross (albeit not until this time next year, when the remaining piece of Connolly Drive through Kinross has been widened).

The next is antisocial behaviour. We've been campaigning for better policing and CCTV at the skate park. Our next public meeting (on Wednesday 22nd at 8pm at MacNaughton Clubrooms) will have more info on progress with these issues; the police, local mp and councillors will attend. Please come along and support what we're trying to do!

Brian

Sorry, I missed the meeting, good news about the lights and roundabouts though, I hope someone raised the issue of graffiti appearing everywhere?

When is the next public meeting?
Old Oct 29th 2008, 3:01 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Hi Indalo,

Yes graffiti's high on the list of priorities.

The meeting that we had last week with Albert Jacob, councillors and police was very positive.

I'm tidying up the minutes from it so will send you a copy when they're complete.

We haven't set a date for the next meeting yet; late November is probably the most likely as we have a reservation on MacNaughton Clubrooms on the last Wednesday evening of each month.

Regards,
Brian
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like the traffic will get a lot worse as parking at Clarkson train station is becoming impossible and more will either drive or head to currambine train station.

Had this posted on the somerly residents website.

Liberal Minority Government Cancel Butler Train Station
Dear Residents,

The Liberal minority government have cancelled the Butler train station, if this happens the traffic through Somerly will become unbearable!

Help Save Our Station

Premier Barnett will open the Mitchell freeway extension built by Labor at
12 noon this Sunday 2 November 2008.

If you want to help save the new Butler train station I urge you to come and by your presence in numbers voice your concern to the Premier.

WHERE: Meet at the event marquee, freeway median near the new footbridge opposite Connolly Primary School. Fairway Circle, Connolly this Sunday at 12 noon.

Work had already started under the Labor government and the rail cars ordered at a total cost of $147.5 million.

Premier Barnett and the Liberal Minority Government have cancelled the Butler train station to fund his “royalties for the regions” deal.

I can’t do it by myself we need our community voice to let the Premier know we need our station.

Please voice your concern by attending with me.

JOHN QUIGLEY LLB JP MLA
Member for Mindarie
Old Oct 31st 2008, 3:18 pm
Alive and boinging!

Thanks for the info Harvey. I was thinking about checking out the opening ceremony as we've consulted a lot with the council about Connolly Drive and synchronising the dates of Burns Beach and the freeway opening.
Good luck with Butler station; I'm all for as many as possible using the train, but, having said that the new cars are desparately needed.
Parking at Currambine isn't too bad now, but will get worse by the sound of it; I would think that the biggest impact will be when Marmion opens through to Yanchep, making the railway more accessible to a whole raft of new commuters.

Brian
Old Nov 1st 2008, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bal56
Thanks for the info Harvey. I was thinking about checking out the opening ceremony as we've consulted a lot with the council about Connolly Drive and synchronising the dates of Burns Beach and the freeway opening.
Good luck with Butler station; I'm all for as many as possible using the train, but, having said that the new cars are desparately needed.
Parking at Currambine isn't too bad now, but will get worse by the sound of it; I would think that the biggest impact will be when Marmion opens through to Yanchep, making the railway more accessible to a whole raft of new commuters.

Brian
Well.........its the BIG day today, the opening of the Mitchell Extension. Lets see what impact it has on residents of Kinross!!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 7:30 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Well.........its the BIG day today, the opening of the Mitchell Extension. Lets see what impact it has on residents of Kinross!!
At long last, seems to have taken forever. I'm off for a drive
Old Nov 1st 2008, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
At long last, seems to have taken forever. I'm off for a drive
Reminds me of bloody spaghetti junction................and looks an eyesore!!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 9:04 am
Alive and boinging!

Dont get too excited - it's tomorrow. Any bets on when the first Multanova will be out?!

Last edited by bal56; Nov 1st 2008 at 9:15 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.