Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

When was the last time you went to see the dentist?

When was the last time you went to see the dentist?

Old May 24th 2007, 6:02 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute
Default When was the last time you went to see the dentist?

3 years have somehow went by since the last time I saw a dentist.

I need to see one now because my gum has receded quite a bit at the back of one of my canine teeth. I only noticed because I bought a leccy toothbrush & was checking the results.

After checking on the Net I found at that tartar build up if left untreated for too long can eventually lead to removal of the tooth. Mine's must have been building up for 3 years.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is go away & check your gnashers if you haven't been to the dentist for a while.
Old May 24th 2007, 6:20 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When was the last time you went to see the dentist?

I have two fillings between my gums and my canine teeth just for that reason. So there's something that can be done about the situation, other than just tooth removal.
Old May 24th 2007, 6:28 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to go twice a year in the UK for a check-up. All of us did. But since we have lived in Perth for a year, we havn't been near the dentist.
The prices put me off. It was going to cost $5000 for braces and $3000 for hubby to have a chipped tooth corrected. Just can't afford it.
Old May 24th 2007, 6:40 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by mackinnon
3 years have somehow went by since the last time I saw a dentist.

I need to see one now because my gum has receded quite a bit at the back of one of my canine teeth. I only noticed because I bought a leccy toothbrush & was checking the results.

After checking on the Net I found at that tartar build up if left untreated for too long can eventually lead to removal of the tooth. Mine's must have been building up for 3 years.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is go away & check your gnashers if you haven't been to the dentist for a while.
dentist? what's a dentist?
have to admit to being very negligent here
going back as far as my childhood i can only recall visiting a dentist less than half a dozen times
one day it'll catch up with me i know
Old May 24th 2007, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Hey if any of you need the name of a really great dentist on the Gold Coast drop me a line.

She is in Worongary (near Robina) and she is ace.

Sharon
Old May 24th 2007, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute

Ive not been to a dentsit since i left the UK 18 mths ago. Its sooo expensive here

In fact none of us have been but we do plan to in july when we have our tax credits for the year!!!
Old May 24th 2007, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

I went about four months ago and that was the first time since we emigrated in August 2005. I've never had any fillings or work done previously so only needed a check-up and clean and that was $120, not too bad but a bit more expensive than the UK. God help me if I ever need anything done, I just don't think I could do it
Old May 24th 2007, 7:04 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't been to the dentist in nearly 2 years soo expensive here my hubby chipped one of his back teeth when we first arrived cost him nearly $500 to get it filled in.

kezx
Old May 24th 2007, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

I resent the cost, but think if I go once a year it will save a big build up of problems from neglect that is just going to cost a lot more in the long run.
Old May 24th 2007, 7:26 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
I resent the cost, but think if I go once a year it will save a big build up of problems from neglect that is just going to cost a lot more in the long run.
Yeah, an image of my Dad's face when he was 50 & had just had all his teeth removed sprung to mind when I saw the results of not being in 3 years.

Having said that, he was a smoker.

Anyway, looks like my pocket money will be going to the dentist
Old May 24th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mackinnon
Yeah, an image of my Dad's face when he was 50 & had just had all his teeth removed sprung to mind when I saw the results of not being in 3 years.

Having said that, he was a smoker.

Anyway, looks like my pocket money will be going to the dentist

It'll be cheaper than dentures

It is so expensive here, if you ever needed major work done you could fly to Kuala Lumpur, Fraser had emergency root canal there and it was dirt cheap and they did a really good job as well.
Old May 24th 2007, 7:38 am

oddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really nice

I thought you could get insurance which would cover most dental work or is that just for the medical side of things.

We've got three kids so am really worried about the expense
Old May 24th 2007, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaghhh dont mention dentist!

I have to be sedated to get a filling! No joke.

Luckily went and got my old filling replaced and everything sorted over a couple of appointments with great dentist. Sedated for fillings and treatment.

Wish somebody had offered me sedation years ago. This stuff is brill for those with dental phobia! But hate to think what it would cost in Oz!

GEMS
Old May 24th 2007, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by saraho
I thought you could get insurance which would cover most dental work or is that just for the medical side of things.

We've got three kids so am really worried about the expense
Yes you can.
I am with Medibank private and I have an extras cover which pays a % towards dental work, checkups etc
Old May 24th 2007, 8:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I went today for my usual 6 month check up, done that all my life and don't intend stopping now even if it does cost. I would rather pay $140 for the basic than not go and probably get lumbered with a bill for several thousand later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.