Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

When can you say enough is enough?

When can you say enough is enough?

Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:36 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When can you say enough is enough?

Absolutely. I barely hear from one of my sisters now, only when she wants me to buy something and ship it over to Ireland. I know when we're in Oz I won't hear from her at all. It's a shame as there's only four of us but at the same time I'm done forcing it. My other sister and I get on great, we mail when we mail, when we don't I don't think anything of it. My mother keeps trying to force us all to get on and constantly asks if I've contacted her (clearly there's no onus on her to bother...) but you can't make it something it's not. And it causes only disappointment to try.

Tx
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:40 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Well love youve tried your best and they seem to not be arsed, concentrate on you and yours. You now know where you stand. So what you moved away, skype is free, phone calls arent that expensive. Weve been here for 2 yrs now, I can count on 1 hand the peeps who ring us and its not even mostly family that do. It really annoys me but now im thinking fk em, dont come to me with your problems if thats the only time you get in touch

big hugs ((()))
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 7:03 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I think there is a major difference personally. All those connecting services to link up to get to and from work in the quickest time. I'm talking London commuting mostly I guess though. However thats 100 pct of my working life experience in the UK and the majority of people I knew there as well.

I think there is a lot more regime in peoples lives in the UK.... getting to the shops when their not crowded.... driving in the early hours to avoid Motorway snarls and planning their lives so they can move around at the most convenient times.

It may happen here to some degree, but nowhere to the extent of my experience in the UK... could be SEast living though I'll grant you that.
My commute is 10 minutes in the car, but I'm starting a new job soon and then it will go up to 20 minutes
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 7:06 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is a sad thread
I hope my family and friends will stay in touch when I get to Aus but I'm sure some will fall by the wayside. I use facebook a lot, do people find that makes a difference?
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
I think this is a sad thread
I hope my family and friends will stay in touch when I get to Aus but I'm sure some will fall by the wayside. I use facebook a lot, do people find that makes a difference?
My sister goes on FB once in a blue moon. Every time she does, she messages me to ask why I'm never on FB.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:36 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought: Could it be that a different set of methods and reciprocal expectations needs to be applied to best adapt to the changed circumstances that migrants and their families/friends left behind have to face? What I mean is we all tend to leave this part of our transition to just fall naturally into place. Could a more pro-active and organised approach achieve better outcomes?
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

We all keep in touch with Skype. I don't do Farcebook anymore. I've suspended my account (in case anyone was wondering). Too many old 'friends' trying to track me down.

My near-perfect wife informs me of any important rellies information.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:43 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
We all keep in touch with Skype. I don't do Farcebook anymore. I've suspended my account (in case anyone was wondering). Too many old 'friends' trying to track me down.

good luck with cancelling farcebook.....don't hold your breath
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:51 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I also have mixed feelings about Facebook. Have unsubscribed from it once but went back to it about six months later. Thinking of unsubscribing from it again. That is definately something that has to be managed otherwise friends can be left confused as to why you've un-friended them.

Pls say hi to your near perfect wife from me <frantic waving>
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
good luck with cancelling farcebook.....don't hold your breath
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I also have mixed feelings about Facebook. Have unsubscribed from it once but went back to it about six months later. Thinking of unsubscribing from it again. That is definately something that has to be managed otherwise friends can be left confused as to why you've un-friended them.

Pls say hi to your near perfect wife from me <frantic waving>

Thanks. I shall do.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 2:43 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

I got on FB long enough to find those I wanted and got their email addresses and then cancelled the account. That was about 4 years ago long before all the crap it's become.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 3:19 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furbacchione
I got on FB long enough to find those I wanted and got their email addresses and then cancelled the account. That was about 4 years ago long before all the crap it's become.
now when you unsubscribe you inadvertendly re-subscribe without subscribing just by clicking on it if someone sends you a message when you've closed the account

its impossible to unsubscibe from farcebook

its easier to go to the moon on a chocolate biscuit
Old Jun 4th 2011, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
now when you unsubscribe you inadvertendly re-subscribe without subscribing just by clicking on it if someone sends you a message when you've closed the account

its impossible to unsubscibe from farcebook

its easier to go to the moon on a chocolate biscuit
Yep, Readers Digest was the same.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 3:58 am

Yep, Readers Digest was the same.
oh no don't mention them - youre right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.