Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's your life's motto? What phrase do you live your life by?

What's your life's motto? What phrase do you live your life by?

Old May 30th 2008, 3:09 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's your life's motto? What phrase do you live your life by?

Question in the title really but what one phrase sums up your whole attitude on life?

Mine has recently become... wait for it...

F*** it!

No reason. I've just hit 40 and decided that life's too short. Who cares with other people think? If you're not hurting anyone, just do whatever makes you happy.
Old May 30th 2008, 3:13 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's your life's motto? What phrase do you live your life by?

Shit happens

Bollocks to it

Life is a shit sandwich and every now and again you have to take a great big bite.

What goes around comes around - believing in that one less and less.
Old May 30th 2008, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

Drink....tomorrow is another day.
Old May 30th 2008, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

"Whatever"

and

"meh"
Old May 30th 2008, 4:05 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

'You don't make friends with salad'
Old May 30th 2008, 4:07 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
Shit happens

Bollocks to it

Life is a shit sandwich and every now and again you have to take a great big bite.

What goes around comes around - believing in that one less and less.

"Bollocks to it" - a fine personal philosophy Cleopatra!

Originally Posted by winedonju
Drink....tomorrow is another day.
More wise words from winedonju

Originally Posted by eddie007
"Whatever"

and

"meh"
What does "meh" mean and when would you ever use it?
Old May 30th 2008, 4:09 pm
F*** it!

Originally Posted by RedT
'You don't make friends with salad'
True. You might be rather keen on lettuce but you just don't make friends with it.
Old May 30th 2008, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

[/QUOTE]

What does "meh" mean and when would you ever use it? [/QUOTE]

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meh
Old May 30th 2008, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley

"Bollocks to it" - a fine personal philosophy Cleopatra!

What does "meh" mean and when would you ever use it?
Old May 30th 2008, 4:15 pm
F*** it!

"Meh". So it's an exclamation of indifference? I'll have to start using that more.

Does that mean I'm a chav now?
Old May 30th 2008, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Fenton Beasley;6414480

[/QUOTE]

I do try
Old May 30th 2008, 4:33 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
Gang aft agley,
An'lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

Do I really need to explain this one?
Old May 30th 2008, 4:38 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
Gang aft agley,
An'lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

Do I really need to explain this one?
You need to explain all of them - I didnt understand any of it.
Old May 30th 2008, 4:40 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
You need to explain all of them - I didnt understand any of it.
It means -

don't expect or hope for too much. Life will f*** up your plans anyway.
Old May 30th 2008, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
It means -

don't expect or hope for too much. Life will f*** up your plans anyway.
which is exactly why I say......drink

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.