Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's your favourite thing about Oz?

What's your favourite thing about Oz?

Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:59 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's your favourite thing about Oz?

I've got to say, in my opinion it's the roads. and the effort made to keep them in good order. I drove from the Hunter Valley back to Sydney yesterday and was amazed to even see that people had made the effort to decorate the odd tree trunk and lamp posts with flowers, some looked really pretty. It brightened up an otherwise dull and tedious drive.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your favourite thing about Oz?

Originally Posted by stevenglish
I've got to say, in my opinion it's the roads. and the effort made to keep them in good order. I drove from the Hunter Valley back to Sydney yesterday and was amazed to even see that people had made the effort to decorate the odd tree trunk and lamp posts with flowers, some looked really pretty. It brightened up an otherwise dull and tedious drive.
Hahaha - bloomin' hilarious - must tell this one to my cousin whose 15 year old daughter has one of these decorative trees to commemorate the place she took her last breath. Bet she'll howl with laughter.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 2:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Space
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

FloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant future

They do this in the US too. It's to mark the sight of where a loved one had been killed in an accident. I'm sure you didn't realise this.

As for favorite thing I guess it would be all the people who don't wear shoes !! Every time I see them I have to smile
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FloridaLee
They do this in the US too. It's to mark the sight of where a loved one had been killed in an accident. I'm sure you didn't realise this.

As for favorite thing I guess it would be all the people who don't wear shoes !! Every time I see them I have to smile
I think I've seen the same thing in Milton Keynes. It may have been more obviously a shrine over there, not sure whether there were photos and crosses involved on the sides of the roads In MK. There is definitely one on the road South of Fullers Slade, near Kiln Farm, on the road, that goes towards the A5.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:39 am
Account Closed

Oh shit, really? Sorry Kim
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:43 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh shit, really? Sorry Kim
Did you see bunches of flowers left by trees and lamp posts Steve, or were the flowers growing?
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Did you see bunches of flowers left by trees and lamp posts Steve, or were the flowers growing?
They were all growing, didn't occur to me they might be tributes. oops
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:08 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

They were all growing, didn't occur to me they might be tributes. oops
They may not be. Here in some suburbs of WA bulbs are planted around trees, sign posts and lamp posts just to make the suburbs a bit less mundane.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

What do I love about Australia

Less people more Space
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:14 am
Account Closed

They do this 'adopt a road' thing up there, some people take it a bit seriously it seems
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kim67
Hahaha - bloomin' hilarious - must tell this one to my cousin whose 15 year old daughter has one of these decorative trees to commemorate the place she took her last breath. Bet she'll howl with laughter.
Sorry if what I'd said was misconstrued, but it seems I'm not the heartless bastard you think. Any time you'd like to set this straight will be fine with me
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:44 am
'In limboland'

They do this 'adopt a road' thing up there, some people take it a bit seriously it seems
So that's what it is then. I think you deserve an apology.........
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
So that's what it is then. I think you deserve an apology.........
Ditto, you did nothing wrong Steve.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:40 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

The spectacular storms I have never seen so much lightning!! wow free fireworks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.