Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whats your best hangover cures?

Whats your best hangover cures?

Old Dec 17th 2005, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whats your best hangover cures?

Originally Posted by glittababe
I know! Have the occasional glass of wine, but nothing serious.
I thought that wine came in sweet/taste ratings.........not comedy ratings
Old Dec 17th 2005, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by possoms
Try Chris Evans hangover cure (as demonstrated on his show last week)

milk, jellied eel, orange juice, sheeps eyeball, raw egg, tomato sauce (for flavour) and an asprin. He did drink it :scared:
Can`t take asprin. They upset my stomach
Old Dec 17th 2005, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Definatly Berroca......its a Vit B tablet that you put in water. You can buy them in Boots.

But dont take more than one at a time. Turns your pee fluro yellow

Hels
Old Dec 17th 2005, 10:07 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

I find lieing in bed with a pillow over my head for most of the day helps and hoping to god no one makes me get up, god forbid the kids expect to get looked after
Old Dec 17th 2005, 11:30 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hels
But dont take more than one at a time. Turns your pee fluro yellow

Hels
I take them, they're great for men who have to pee during the night, its like tracer bullets, it glows in the dark. I sometimes even hit the target
Old Dec 18th 2005, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

as any scots person will tell you the only 100% cure for the mother of all hangovers is a big bottle of Irn bru.... have now been drinking for <cough> years and have yet to suffer the ills of a hangover - and all because of irn bru!
Old Dec 18th 2005, 4:32 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

You can always stay drunk - works for me!

Hic

Originally Posted by angel17796
Well its half four and im still feeling rough. Does anyone have any great tips to make me feel a bit better? I swear im never drinking again after xmas and new year
Old Dec 18th 2005, 5:22 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoSemite
as any scots person will tell you the only 100% cure for the mother of all hangovers is a big bottle of Irn bru.... have now been drinking for <cough> years and have yet to suffer the ills of a hangover - and all because of irn bru!
i second that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 18th 2005, 5:23 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Try Chris Evans hangover cure (as demonstrated on his show last week)

milk, jellied eel, orange juice, sheeps eyeball, raw egg, tomato sauce (for flavour) and an asprin. He did drink it :scared:
is he back on the telly?
Old Dec 18th 2005, 5:42 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Never get a hangover! I'd make a good alcoholic
Old Dec 18th 2005, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

I think only real cure is another drink. You have 'poisoned your' system and now your system is missing it. I used to wait til noon though (in my younger days I might add) as it seemed the right thing to do!!!
Old Dec 18th 2005, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

lucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant future

On the tv show Brainiac - they showed that a good british fry up was the best cure!! so it must be true!! mind you if its a really bad hangover and you cant bear food - nibble on dry toast - along with lots and lots of water - but sip it slowly. Also take an effervescent (or however you spell it) vitamin c tablet. The hangover is due to dehydration (as we all know) so dont drink coffee, tea or coke, unless its with a whisky - ha ha.

Or if you want to start drinking again but struggling - i always find a bloody mary gets me slowly back into the drinking mood - yummy!! - years of going on girly rugby tours when you have to drink all weekend!!
Old Dec 18th 2005, 7:48 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Very boring I know, but the thing that ALWAYS without fail works for me is to either go for a run or to the gym and then have a long sauna and steam afterwards (with plenty of water of course).

Seems to work a treat, sweats out all of the toxins and crap in yer bod!!
Old Dec 18th 2005, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
I think only real cure is another drink. You have 'poisoned your' system and now your system is missing it. I used to wait til noon though (in my younger days I might add) as it seemed the right thing to do!!!

No way could i have had another drink. I felt so sick yesterday. Im flying up to Scotland for 3 weeks today and i didnt fancy flying with a 4 year old and a hangover lol. Anyway loads of irn bru and fry ups to tide me over the next 3 weeks. Cheers
Old Dec 18th 2005, 10:31 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by soapy
is he back on the telly?

yea, chris is back on telly, he's on Sunday, can't remember what it's called something like oh shit it's sunday, I haven't actually watched it, but think it's similiar to TGIF, but more mature, as he's trying to hang on to a job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.