Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whats the one thing you could realisticaly do to save heaps of money.

Wikiposts

Whats the one thing you could realisticaly do to save heaps of money.

Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whats the one thing you could realisticaly do to save heaps of money.

I'm going through all sorts of Mental gymnastics, trying to work out how we can go from 2 cars down to 1 car, in our well serviced public transport area.

Trouble is Kids go to school one suburb away (at least 5 k's) and the youngest is to young to travel alone on public transport. Trust me you wouldn't want to send a kid to a state school in Coburg, unless you changed religion as the Catholic schools are fine. It's weird how the schools in Brunswick are all ok and the ones here are questionable at best.

Cost saving will be at least 5,000 to 8,000 dollars per year, tax free, less public transport annual ticket of 1,200 for the two youngesters.

minimum saving 3,800 bucks tax free. Equivalent to a 6,000 dollar per year pay rise.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 29th 2007 at 12:34 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:33 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the one thing you could realisticaly do to save heaps of money.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I'm going through all sorts of Mental gymnastics, trying to work out how we can go from 2 cars down to 1 car, in our well serviced public transport area.

Trouble is Kids go to school one suburb away (at least 5 k's) and the youngest is to young to travel alone on public transport. Trust me you wouldn't want to send a kid to a state school in Coburg, unless you changed religion as the Catholic schools are fine. It's weird how the schools in Brunswick are all ok and the ones here are questionable at best.

Cost saving will be at least 5,000 to 8,000 dollars per year, tax free, less public transport annual ticket of 1,200 for the two youngesters.

minimum saving 3,800 bucks tax free equivalent to a 6,000 dollar per year pay rise.
You may save, but cost in time and ease of use.

Cutting alcohol could save thousands.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:33 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the one thing you could realisticaly do to save heaps of money.

sell pauline
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
You may save, but cost in time and ease of use.

Cutting alcohol could save thousands.
Ah the trams go up Sydney Rd, at intervals of about 8 mins max in the Daytime, and a round trip by car would take longer than a one way trip on a Tram. Got to admit thats my unique personal circumstances though.

Probably 3 years away before I can feel safe about my youngest almost 10, travelling alone, without him getting up to mischief.

Dont like the booze one though Siren

Just worked out that booze one would be a saving of circa 2,200 bucks per year minimum Blimey, but god wouldnt life be dreary

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 29th 2007 at 12:54 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:55 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Ah the trams go up Sydney Rd, at intervals of about 8 mins max in the Daytime, and a round trip by car would take longer than a one way trip on a Tram. Got to admit thats my unique personal circumstances though.

Probably 3 years away before I can feel safe about my youngest almost 10, travelling alone, without him getting up to mischief.

Dont like the booze one though Siren

Just worked out that booze one would be a saving of circa 2,200 bucks per year minimum Blimey, but god wouldnt life be dreary
nah, need the booze
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

I am thinking of applying for a teaching post in a school in Coburg...Mercy College.....Does anyone know if this is a good/bad school? Also what is the area like?
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:20 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

minimum saving 3,800 bucks tax free. Equivalent to a 6,000 dollar per year pay rise.

I COULD KILL THE MISSUS !
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:41 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

I need to cut back on the piss, I spend 3 times that per year.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I COULD KILL THE MISSUS !

Same here mate, The things she has the kids enrolled in are quite amazing.

We are spending a lot more on kids extra cirricular activities, than anything we owe money on. The 13 year old does, Violin, Singing lessons (they are 35 bucks a go, thats each week) and has a full Fernwood membership, complete with personal trainer and nutritionist.(they aint cheap) Thank Xrist the dental stuff is behind us now. If I complain about it, she just says she will work extra, which adds to my housework load lol !

On the plus side she does thrown in an extra shift at work now and again, she did a double today.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:47 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

hide my darling wife under patio...
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:52 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a Vespa, maybe.

As well as saving money they are pure fun.

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
I need to cut back on the piss, I spend 3 times that per year.

I only drink at home, Well... 85 pct at least.... Still aiming for one car though, Fixing up the Access to our property with a Auto roller door and new carport and easier entrance.

I've a VW Golf Diesel tdi, lined up a few months away.

BTW, for anyone thats interested, The best place I know of for buying a decent 2nd hand car in Melbourne, would be Custom Fleet, ex fleet vehicles, you have to have a LMT (licensed Motor trader go with you though), which means sucking up to your local Mechanic. There would be similar places in every other city I would imagine.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The 13 year old does, Violin, Singing lessons (they are 35 bucks a go, thats each week) and has a full Fernwood membership, complete with personal trainer and nutritionist.(they aint cheap)
Do you mean the 13 year old has the personal trainer or the missus Did briefly think about a personal trainer but then thought of what I could do with the money instead. No contest
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

keep the car and get it converted to lpg. you have21st century convenience at less than have the price
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:11 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Stop buying new clothes!!

nah!!!

Get alan to give up the fags sounds much better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.