Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whats the longest distance you have driven for one single event.

Whats the longest distance you have driven for one single event.

Old Nov 16th 2011, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the longest distance you have driven for one single event.

From Edmonton to Toronto for a concert when I was 19. According to google, via the TransCanada it's 3419 km o/w, so 6838 km for one event.

Last edited by Japonica; Nov 16th 2011 at 8:10 am.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

13500kms! We did this road trip when we arrived in Oz 3 years ago.

Here's a breakdown of the distances covered.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 7:52 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Theres some good un's on here.... Was St Etienne Pretty ?
It was a lot prettier when the creatures lot were mmm 'expelled'
Old Nov 17th 2011, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

When me and hubby were young and daft drove from Bunde in Germany to the isle of Arran Scotland, 6 hour drive from house to Calais, ferry to Dover, 6 hour drive from Dover to Adrossan harbour for small ferry to the island all on a long weekend cos we fancied his mums sunday roast, set off late friday night and arrived lunch time sat. Both were back in work Tuesday morning lol.

Mandy
Old Nov 17th 2011, 7:21 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

I drove from Port Pirie to Bathurst and back again the next day as i had to pick up the prodigal son who had been kicked out by the girlfriend after he wasted all his money.

a round trip of 2700 Km, the return trip was rather silent for the 15hr drive
Old Nov 17th 2011, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I drove in one go from Melbourne to Port Macquarie about 5 years back circa 1283 Kilometers.... I wasn't counting holidays because of the couple of weeks rest period inbetween.

I've know a lot of people fly back from Aus to London just for football games.... Palace fans for the play off final and Blackpool fans for the same reason.
I've done that trip last May, worth every cent aswell
Old Nov 17th 2011, 11:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by In Exile
wow. do kids genuinely do that? i thought it was only on things like macdonalds TV commericals and national lampoon movies.
Oh you have sooooooo much to learn.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Flew from Syd to London in, then drove to Glasgow to see Radiohead. Already saw them in Syd on the OKC tour in 1998, but the Kid A tour didn't come to Oz in 2000. After that concert I drove from Glasgow to Somerset (parents' place) in 8.5hrs, then 3 days later drove to Warrington to see them again, then flew back to Syd.

I've done the Syd/UK return 23 times and that was the only time that wasn't a general holiday or work.

(didn't tell my folks that though)