Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

whats the best thing you bought in aus

Wikiposts

whats the best thing you bought in aus

Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats the best thing you bought in aus

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Best thing I bought was my sewing machine. The one I left behind was 40 years old and had forward, backwards and zig-zag. My new one has 120 built in computerised stiches plus a plug in for cards with embroidery designs you can buy. It even threads itself! Since buying it I have made my daughter a lovely formal dress all in silk and have taught myself how to quilt. My daughter in her dress is below.
i will agree with you on that one, i bought a really easy to use brother sewing machine and have got myself a new hobby
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by aston man
my fridge is flippin great,,,ice cubes,cold water on tap and crushed ice..

i have arrived..
I was just going to say the same thing my fridge/freezer is just a god send, ice and water on tap
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I was just going to say the same thing my fridge/freezer is just a god send, ice and water on tap
One thing i miss here in Aus is ice cold beer. I expected the beers here to be perfect but they only chill to about 4 degrees, even in the Uk you can buy colder beers in the pubs. In Brazil they set freezers to about -2 so the beer is just at the point before it freezes and boy... when it is hot does it sure hit the spot.. might try and get a cheap 2nd freezer and try it!

One of the tools i bought that i reckon is the bees knees is the small chain saw on the end of a pole, great piece of kit and fun to use In the Uk i used to have one of those stupid string operated secateur things on a pole..
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:46 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

My house without a doubt. Nothing special compared to some peoples homes but I love it.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

A new pair of boobs.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

My car - especially now that I can drive it

and the SatNav, without which I wouldn't get very far
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
A new pair of boobs.
Ooh, I want a new set of those. I have a set now, but they're showing their age and could use an overhaul.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Ooh, I want a new set of those. I have a set now, but they're showing their age and could use an overhaul.
Yeah mine are a few years old now, so i'm keen to get an overhaul in the next couple of years too! And go down a couple of sizes, damn surgeon went larger than requested! :curse:
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:45 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to get a reduction but the old man said he would divorce me. Guess I have to just get them lifted.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My property (sounds grander than house) I would say the fridge/freezer with the water and ice dispenser but the ice bit's not working so it's a pain in the arse.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Darrell Lea liquorice.Yum.I`m eating some now which is just as well as who could spell liquorice without checking package?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Ohh whoops, my wife just reminded me, the best thing we ever bought in Aus was actually our dog Jock (see avatar) from AWL .

I got distracted by all your gadget talk, but yes, he has been the best purchase, and dirt cheap too. I can't remember the price now, probably around $50, for a vet checked, de-sexed, good natured springer spaniel, who has given us, days, weeks, months of fun.

JTL
Just checked out AWl as we may be looking for a dog soon.Had to laugh at the wine offer at the bottom of the page - only in Australia!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

The UTE.....
Attached Thumbnails whats the best thing you bought in aus-car-dazzie-014.jpg  
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:21 am

chopsface will become famous soon enoughchopsface will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by milly123
The UTE.....
cadburys snack and sat nav otherwise i'd probably still be in the middle of no-where
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

My car. Four months of Adelaide's sh!tty public transport was enough!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.