Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whats the best food product you have found since you have been in Oz?

Whats the best food product you have found since you have been in Oz?

Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whats the best food product you have found since you have been in Oz?

I used to love Franklins "No Frills" cheese (in the block, cheddar type but can't remember the actually one) and "No Frills" orange juice in a bottle (not the one in the fridge section) and Bodalla slice cheese melted on toast.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Whats the best food product you have found since you have been in Oz?

Originally Posted by seayork2002
I used to love Franklins "No Frills" cheese (in the block, cheddar type but can't remember the actually one) and "No Frills" orange juice in a bottle (not the one in the fridge section) and Bodalla slice cheese melted on toast.
Paw Paw and Avocado Salad Yummm
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice

all fresh fruit and veg mmmmmmmmmm
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Deb62 will become famous soon enough

Just Natural Milkshake - chocolate malt and honey. Like no other milkshake I've had. Could live on them in the hot weather!
Deb
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Cold rock ice cream.......mmmmmmm
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

When on holiday the 2 things I look forward to most are Mangos. The ones in the UK are nasty compared to those in Perth.

Also a West Coast Watermelon which is a drink from a juice bar in the city. Always make that my first stop. I go for a large one even though it gives me brain freeze!

For hubby it would be red emperor.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I love Australian dried apricots. I can't eat the Turkish ones with the Sulphur Dioxide on them it makes me ill.

I can't find them in the UK and I have heard even Australia seems to be stopping them as well.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 10:09 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sa2uk2oz
Cold rock ice cream.......mmmmmmm
Oh yeah! But hold the Gummi Bear mix-ins!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 10:12 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Oh yeah! But hold the Gummi Bear mix-ins!
Not for a 6 year old. Last time we went my little one wanted bubble gum flavour with gummi bears (were is the puke smiley when you want it)
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Not necessarily food, but it would have to be the coffee.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 1:13 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graham and Maria
I have an addiction to Farmers union iced coffee...why dont you find iced coffee in the UK I will never know.

Would that be the light, medium , or Strong...?
I religously have a 6ooml of Strong every morning ..it is a South Australian Tradition..................mm
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:18 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kingseat
When on holiday the 2 things I look forward to most are Mangos. The ones in the UK are nasty compared to those in Perth.

Also a West Coast Watermelon which is a drink from a juice bar in the city. Always make that my first stop. I go for a large one even though it gives me brain freeze!

For hubby it would be red emperor.
Had Red Emperor in the pub the other day... was best fish EVER!... of course being a bit of a div, I went and ordered the Red Snapper please! hahaha! She said.. which do you want, snapper or red emperor

The Calamari here has to be some of the best (and oddly enough) the worst that I have ever tasted...

Em x
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:20 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markallwood
they are crisps, puffy corn rings. And they taste like real beefburgers...its uncanny!!

What sort of BBQs do you go to???

Em x
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emelems
Had Red Emperor in the pub the other day... was best fish EVER!... of course being a bit of a div, I went and ordered the Red Snapper please! hahaha! She said.. which do you want, snapper or red emperor

The Calamari here has to be some of the best (and oddly enough) the worst that I have ever tasted...

Em x

My husband would agree on the Calamari front. His favourite was from Amberley Winery in Margaret River but he's had some really poor stuff too.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

krestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant future

DONT EAT CALIMARI IF IT IS SPELT KALIMARI!!

hear it is actually cow intestines cut to immitate rings of calimari.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.