Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whats the best food product you have found since you have been in Oz?

Whats the best food product you have found since you have been in Oz?

Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

krestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant future
Default Whats the best food product you have found since you have been in Oz?

Hi All

Well we know how us brits miss food things from back home, the occasional food arcel arriving from the relatives etc.

Just wondered whats the best thing you have found food wise since bing in Oz (that you couldnt get back home)

Here are a few of ours.

Whittakers Chocolate and Coconut Slab
Frozen Coke - Macdonalds werent doing it in the UK before we left
Black Swan Avocado Dip
Chedz
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the best food product you have found since you have been in Oz?

Originally Posted by krestsaf
Hi All

Well we know how us brits miss food things from back home, the occasional food arcel arriving from the relatives etc.

Just wondered whats the best thing you have found food wise since bing in Oz (that you couldnt get back home)

Here are a few of ours.

Whittakers Chocolate and Coconut Slab
Frozen Coke - Macdonalds werent doing it in the UK before we left
Black Swan Avocado Dip
Chedz

Very few things have been a positive food revelation here.
Flat white coffee is the only thing that is very good compared with the UK.

Avaliability of things such as sushi is good as is proper Chinese as opposed to Anglo-Chinese.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whats the best food product you have found since you have been in Oz?

Burger Rings
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

krestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant future

i miss my hearty breakfast on the go of jaffa cakes and hot sweet british tea!

Jaffa cakes are not abundant here, i believe Woolworths sell an equivalent but we shop at coles.

Have you ever asked a true Ozzie what a jaffa cake is? the responses are funny.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:57 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Black Swan pumpkin dip is the best!! That stuff is like pringles to me..once I pop the lid...I can't stop!!!!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

beetroot dip from macro
mmmm beetroot sandwiches, yum!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:05 am
ABCDiamond

Jaffas

Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

wierdly my partner has started liking beetroot sandwiches since being here too!

home made houmous with garlic and beetroot that is good too.

I do like the soya chips too that are great for dipping.

I find the variety of flavours on offer here much better than the UK. And not overpriced as deli foods.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:08 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by krestsaf
Have you ever asked a true Ozzie what a jaffa cake is? the responses are funny.
An Australian Jaffa cake

Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Blimey, I used to eat about 4 jaffas cakes and a cup of tea back home for breakfast,

Cant see me eating 4 of those before work.!!

Naughty indulgence is fresh home made pancakes with little cubes of whittakers coconut chocolate slab inside then rolled and drizzled with thickend cream.

Im not a lover of marmite or vegemite, only use it in cooking, but my sister has a passion for vegemite pastry swirls since being here too.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

whitakers
tiger prawns - never new they tasted so sweet!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

proper mango and cherries. they don't taste the same back home.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:34 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

hedgehogs
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:42 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Yumis Mayonnaise - nearly as good as homemade

grilled flathead and chips from Black Rock fish and chip shop - especially when eaten on the beach opposite on a warm evening - delicious

Pumpkin - yes you can get it in the UK but very limited season and not used to its full potential

Oysters in abundance - again available in the Uk but at a price

Dodoni Feta cheese - not something I ate much in the UK but do it here in salads, wraps, baked with tomatoes and the list goes on.

Yum Cha at Bok Choi in New Street, Brighton - fabulous way to spend a Sunday lunch.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pommy Dan
Burger Rings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.