Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What are your neighbours like in Oz?

Wikiposts

What are your neighbours like in Oz?

Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:14 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy What are your neighbours like in Oz?

Mine is the equivalent of the Australian version of a young Frank Gallagher [Shameless] = a nightmare. Please tell me I am not the only one
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:22 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are your neighbours like in Oz?

We've got retired folks on either side ... somehow I suspect that *we* are the problem neighbours, not them.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:25 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

On the one side we have a lunatic family where the wife goes on her evening walk from door to door looking for drugs to pacify her shell shocked ex-desert storm ozzie soldier so she can get some peace.

The family on the other side of us are native Australians (aboriginals) and they are the most considerate neighbours you could every meet.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:26 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
We've got retired folks on either side ... somehow I suspect that *we* are the problem neighbours, not them.
LOL ditto

the question is why would you move next door to "the equivalent of the Australian version of a young Frank Gallagher [Shameless] = a nightmare"
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:36 pm
C&R

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
LOL ditto

the question is why would you move next door to "the equivalent of the Australian version of a young Frank Gallagher [Shameless] = a nightmare"
I moved into what I thought was a respectable area, in a nice block of flats. Little did I know my next door neighbour goes on drinking till 4am in the morning and stands out on his varandah shouting to his mates across the road. Sometimes, when I am lucky I have the privilidge of him banging on my front door shouting 'this is my next love shack'.

Luke IA - I feel for you.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:36 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

A drum playing Chinaman who isnt very good at it.

I'm serious!
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:37 pm
C&R

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
A drum playing Chinaman who isnt very good at it.

I'm serious!
ooh I can give you some highly outrageus Chinese swear words if you need them!
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:39 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C&R
ooh I can give you some highly outrageus Chinese swear words if you need them!
Yes please.. he drives me nuts

I mean what sort of person buys a drum kit living 10 floors up in a inner city apartment?!!
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:40 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our neighbours are pretty quiet nice and friendly though!!

I dont think people tend to interact with there neighbours like they did years ago i remember when i was younger my next door neighbour would walk into our house and we would do the same all the kids played together mums had coffee it was really nice.

kezx
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:42 pm
C&R

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Yes please.. he drives me nuts

I mean what sort of person buys a drum kit living 10 floors up in a inner city apartment?!!
A Chinese person would. You see, they cannot function without noise. Its goes back centuries. Do you know how many people live together in a one bedroomed apartment in China? Perhaps he is lonely and wishes he was back in his motherland. Ok - Ta Maaa Da - means ***** your mother. Gan do - means idiot. Take what you will and good luck.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:44 pm
C&R

Originally Posted by kez81
Our neighbours are pretty quiet nice and friendly though!!

I dont think people tend to interact with there neighbours like they did years ago i remember when i was younger my next door neighbour would walk into our house and we would do the same all the kids played together mums had coffee it was really nice.

kezx
Yeah I remember those days too. I was tempted to introduce myself to Frank, but thought against it. Perhaps its not a good idea for him to know anything about me. I hope the novelty of having a pommie living next door wears off soon and he calms down.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:44 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by C&R
I moved into what I thought was a respectable area, in a nice block of flats. Little did I know my next door neighbour goes on drinking till 4am in the morning and stands out on his varandah shouting to his mates across the road. Sometimes, when I am lucky I have the privilidge of him banging on my front door shouting 'this is my next love shack'.

Luke IA - I feel for you.
Shit sounds like Sheffield I had the neighbours from hell there so I know what its like have you bought it or are you renting?
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:45 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking about it the last house we lived in had a young tone deaf lebabese woman that like to try her hand at celine dion karaoke ALL saturday during the day.
I would raise the stakes by blasting some opera tunes on a repeat loop, Maria callas singing La mama morta works well, as does her version of the marriage of figaro. 2 hours of that and she would mellow a little enough to turn the karaoke machine down a little.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:46 pm
C&R

Originally Posted by possoms
Shit sounds like Sheffield I had the neighbours from hell there so I know what its like have you bought it or are you renting?
Renting - on a 12 month lease, which I doubt I can get out off, but at the same time I am not going to let him win. I believe these things come to try you. This time next year I envisage living in a field in a tent, far far away from human beings.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:48 pm
C&R

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Thinking about it the last house we lived in had a young tone deaf lebabese woman that like to try her hand at celine dion karaoke ALL saturday during the day.
I would raise the stakes by blasting some opera tunes on a repeat loop, Maria callas singing La mama morta works well, as does her version of the marriage of figaro. 2 hours of that and she would mellow a little enough to turn the karaoke machine down a little.
hahaha!!

I am thinking of introducing Frank to the likes of Leo Sayer and Bucks Fizz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.