Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What is your most missed M&S thing???

What is your most missed M&S thing???

Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Default What is your most missed M&S thing???

What do you miss most about M&S, was having a conversation with Aussies (who'd lived in UK) and Brits yesterday and we all had something we missed about M&S?

Must admit to being an M&S underwear fan it beats Bonds handsdown even if it is little Chinese woman who's slaved over the lace now instead of the old UK Dewhurst's and the like.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is your most missed M&S thing???

Originally Posted by pproehann
What do you miss most about M&S, was having a conversation with Aussies (who'd lived in UK) and Brits yesterday and we all had something we missed about M&S?

Must admit to being an M&S underwear fan it beats Bonds handsdown even if it is little Chinese woman who's slaved over the lace now instead of the old UK Dewhurst's and the like.
Nothing. Their prawn sarnies were ok but not amazing. Much prefer Bonds to M&S knickers, they last longer and fit better (that's my body obviously). Rarely used M&S. Do have a couple of jumpers but apart from that I was never a fan.

Wasn't a fan of any of the shops that BE people seem to stress over either so I'm obviously odd.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

What we will miss will be the food!!!!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:11 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What is your most missed M&S thing???

What do you miss most about M&S,
Tunis cake.

BB
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Christmas food ordering!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Nothing. Their prawn sarnies were ok but not amazing. Much prefer Bonds to M&S knickers, they last longer and fit better (that's my body obviously). Rarely used M&S. Do have a couple of jumpers but apart from that I was never a fan.

Wasn't a fan of any of the shops that BE people seem to stress over either so I'm obviously odd.
You must have a secret bonds supplier haven't found them to be anywhere as long lasting or the styles to be as good. Can't say I ever had the prawn sarnies...
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:31 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Much prefer Bonds to M&S knickers, they last longer and fit better (that's my body obviously).
Well keeping with the theme of 'compare and contrast' I prefer K-Mart's undies to Bonds or M&S. They grip my bum better.

But back to M&S, I did like their 5 quid caterpillar cake, but Tescos was also good and so was Sainsbury's....probably explains the shape of my bum...
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:34 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

so I'm obviously odd
Is this in debate?
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:54 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Is this in debate?
Nope, it's a prerequisite for the position

I had to ask Deb if we had an M&S store. Apparently we did & the only time I ever went in I was chasing our son who had done a runner through the store aged 3 1/2 on his way to the ELC
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

You must have a secret bonds supplier haven't found them to be anywhere as long lasting or the styles to be as good. Can't say I ever had the prawn sarnies...
I find Bonds quality are OK but not cut right but you can get some briefs called Rio from Woolies. Work fine - get a couple of years out of them - in TOTAL!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:38 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

The 10 quid meal deals, main meal, side dish, dessert and a bottle of plonk all for 10 quid what great value.............sigh.............
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Is this in debate?
Not in my house it's not.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:46 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Non Iron School Uniform......oh and probably the Sandwich selection
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:46 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

I miss the bras and the percy pigs
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by squeezzii
I miss the bras and the percy pigs
Percy Pigs are in Coles in the confectionery aisle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.