Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What Are You Stocking Up On???

Wikiposts

What Are You Stocking Up On???

Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:00 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default What Are You Stocking Up On???

Okay, so I know there's about a year to go & I know we don't even have permission to Remove from Jurisdiction & I know we haven't even got our ACS back yet.....

but.....

Monsoon in town continue with their 75% off Sale & another shop in town is closing down, so I've bought no less than three pairs of shoes today (total bargain at £8 per pair) I keep hearing conflicting stories about the expense of clothes & alleged "dodgy" fashions in Oz, so I've decided to stock up on a few essentials....shoes, handbags....anything that's on special offer really...

well, I will have a 20ft container to fill

Was there anything that you stocked up on before you left? Or anything you wish you had brought, that you missed once you were on the other side?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:02 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Are You Stocking Up On???

Originally Posted by JenniGee

Was there anything that you stocked up on before you left?

Yeah. Body fat.

Still collecting to this day
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:05 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley

Yeah. Body fat.

Still collecting to this day
LMAO - My OH has some going, if you want a little extra
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I must remember that excuse when I have been shopping Jen! Yes of course I need to get it darling, they don't sell this in Oz.

I am having the opposite problem - I have SO many clothes, bags, shoes etc I could fill a container alone. I am slowly selling the good stuff I don't want on Ebay.

Don't let your husband read this!

I checked out that I could get my fav cosmetics in oz as I have sensitive skin and can't go buying any old stuff and that was it. I am really looking forward to the big clear out....

Strange I know.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hiye, my name is Helena and I am a SHOPAHOLIC I love shopping and am going to New York at the end of March, yes, shopping trip (well I am turning 40) I am planing to stock up on summer clothes, swimwear etc.. and cosmetics, as mine are quite expensive over here. Have you seen the price of anti-wrinkle cream ladies I am sure I had more wrinkles on my forehead after I got over the shock of how much it cost....

Ladies just can't have enough shoes and handbags
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:51 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely nothing! I see Oz as a whole new shopping opportunity and I don't care if there's no DP or Next or whatever, I'll find new places to shop. Course we're not taking a container so that probably allows for that view too! I did check out my skincare too and luckily it's all available there

Therese
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Okay, so I know there's about a year to go & I know we don't even have permission to Remove from Jurisdiction & I know we haven't even got our ACS back yet.....

but.....

Monsoon in town continue with their 75% off Sale & another shop in town is closing down, so I've bought no less than three pairs of shoes today (total bargain at £8 per pair) I keep hearing conflicting stories about the expense of clothes & alleged "dodgy" fashions in Oz, so I've decided to stock up on a few essentials....shoes, handbags....anything that's on special offer really...

well, I will have a 20ft container to fill

Was there anything that you stocked up on before you left? Or anything you wish you had brought, that you missed once you were on the other side?
Well, if its any help, my list for next week includes M&S (underwear), Evans (jeans, bras and work jackets) Clinton Cards (stock up for birthdays), Brantanos (trainers for The Bloke and boots for me), WHS, Boots, Waterstones, Accessorize, Sainsburys, Asda, and PC World (for a UK keyboard).

the shippers are queueing up now, rubbing their hands in glee!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

We go in March and for the last year we've been replacing old household items with new from TK Max and i've also been doing some smart sale shopping!
We had a Shellys shoe shop which was closing down and we've bought loads of colourful nice pumpy type things for....£3 a pair shocking hey?

I've also been checking Monsoon out got a few nice cardigans for £5!!!!

I'm not going to miss any shop but i don't think there is anything wrong with stocking up on bargains while you're earning ££££s!

At this time of year you can grab some right bargains
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:14 am
Da bing bing!

I think TK Maxx is just a no-brainer - you just have to go there

I'm looking forwards to different shopping options - but some things are just essentials - cheap jeans from New Look being one of them: cheap enough to just trash around in, but can look good enough if you need them to. Shame they don't last very long though - may need to have several pairs
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:17 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
....and PC World (for a UK keyboard).

Hey Polly. Why do you have to have a UK keyboard? If you need that elusive sqiuds sign, why not just use the Character map within Windows?

Start\All Programs\Accessories\System Tools\Character Map

I've assigned a shortcut for the Character Map on my keyboard. When I hit Ctrl+Alt+M it now brings up the Character Map. Once that's open I can then select the squids sign.

£

easy peasy
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:19 am
Da bing bing!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well, if its any help, my list for next week includes M&S (underwear), Evans (jeans, bras and work jackets) Clinton Cards (stock up for birthdays), Brantanos (trainers for The Bloke and boots for me), WHS, Boots, Waterstones, Accessorize, Sainsburys, Asda, and PC World (for a UK keyboard).

the shippers are queueing up now, rubbing their hands in glee!
Polly!!! You need to get straight off the plane & proceed immediately - very immediately - to Accessorize 70% off all Accessorize stuff in my local Monsoon

You don't really have any time to waste - can't you change your flight
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

we arent stocking up on anything.....

just taking the clothes on our backs and suitcases with more clothes

hope that is wise lol
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:34 am
Da bing bing!

Originally Posted by gerry
we arent stocking up on anything.....

just taking the clothes on our backs and suitcases with more clothes

hope that is wise lol
Everyone's different! We've got to have a container since OH won't consider going anywhere without his beloved office desk, so I reckon I might as well make the most of it
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

i just figure fresh new start plus it would probably work out the same just buying it all aagina s it would shipping it all!!!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

If you're gonna have a 20ft container it makes sense to plan/buy ahead as much stuff as poss from the UK and fill it to the rafters.

We are paying around 3k for our container and we will make this pay by having everything (and i do mean pretty much everything) within this container to just unload in oz and not have to shell out at all when we get there.

We will eat off paper plates for a couple of weeks and sleep on double airbeds we got half price in asda until it arrives

We've bought new beds, sofas etc etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.