What would you do?

Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:19 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Question What would you do?

Went out on a call-out today to fix a computer issue for an old bloke that had got my flyer through his door. Turned out, despite the fact that he'd moved to Oz in 1966, he was a cockney - could still hear his accent clearly.

Anyway - I'm sat there working on his PC and I think to myself, blimey, he's got very moden taste in music for a bloke who's clearly in his 70s. It's only after a few minutes that I realise the music I can hear so loudly, isn't his, but one of his neighbours. I ask him if it bothers him and he says, "Yea, but what can you do?"

As I'm leaving I see the source of the music. Young girl two units down, bleached white hair, tits popping out of a bra top, fag hanging out of her gob - sitting outside on her porch with her stereo turned up to 11. I instantly knew that saying anything would only produce a "get ****ed" at best, so I left it. But I thought about getting in touch with the council's noise abatement department on the old bloke's behalf. What do you think? Should I stick my oar in?
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:24 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you do?

Originally Posted by Hutch
Went out on a call-out today to fix a computer issue for an old bloke that had got my flyer through his door. Turned out, despite the fact that he'd moved to Oz in 1966, he was a cockney - could still hear his accent clearly.

Anyway - I'm sat there working on his PC and I think to myself, blimey, he's got very moden taste in music for a bloke who's clearly in his 70s. It's only after a few minutes that I realise the music I can hear so loudly, isn't his, but one of his neighbours. I ask him if it bothers him and he says, "Yea, but what can you do?"

As I'm leaving I see the source of the music. Young girl two units down, bleached white hair, tits popping out of a bra top, fag hanging out of her gob - sitting outside on her porch with her stereo turned up to 11. I instantly knew that saying anything would only produce a "get ****ed" at best, so I left it. But I thought about getting in touch with the council's noise abatement department on the old bloke's behalf. What do you think? Should I stick my oar in?
Having been a victim of a neighbour dispute, I would tread very carefully indeed for no matter how well intended, if this girl gets wind that it has anything to do with the old boy then his life will be made hell.

In an ideal world we should all be able to live peacefully and stand up for ourselves when we need to but it is hard when the place that you call home and your place of safety becomes a neighbourhood battleground when you are too scared to step outside your own front door and you dread going home.

If a complaint could be made that meant it could not be traced back to the guy then fair enough but even then she would no doubt have her wrists slapped, told to turn it down and she probably wouldn't take notice for long.

It is hard one, even harder on the old boy but things could escalate - especially if you don't know what you are dealing with.

Sad but I reckon it would have to come from him and my guess is he wants to hedge his bets and keep his head down.

Oh god I feel sorry for people with bad neighbours.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't hurt to get on to the council. The old boy's probably terrified to say anything and others may have already complained. Go for it.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

wolves forever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Wouldn't hurt to get on to the council. The old boy's probably terrified to say anything and others may have already complained. Go for it.
what a shame for the rest of the neighbours aswell chuck em out and stick em in the bush for a few weeks theyll soon behave!!!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:49 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My sister used to have neighbours who would play very loud gangsta rap every Friday and Saturday night. So, she took to getting up very early on Saturday and Sunday mornings to play her music very loud. A little Barbara Striesand at a volume level of 12 at 7 am with a hangover soon cured the problem.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:59 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My sister used to have neighbours who would play very loud gangsta rap every Friday and Saturday night. So, she took to getting up very early on Saturday and Sunday mornings to play her music very loud. A little Barbara Striesand at a volume level of 12 at 7 am with a hangover soon cured the problem.
Celine Dion should do the trick
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

definately without a doubt, coz thats the kinda hothead i am, i would try to get the law on side though
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:10 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I wouldn't subject my worst enemy to that.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:27 pm

My sister always plays her, I would rather break my own legs and run on the stumps than listen to skeletor Dion warbling.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:37 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Do it. It's getting ridiculous these days that we 'fear' acting in the right way because of a possibility of a backlash. The only way to get the respect back is to start acting and doing things - it/s might not happen overnight, but if we keep letting it happen it's only gonna get worse (right?)

I say good on you for contemplating it, but go one further and report it.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:43 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Report it, chances are you wont be first one to and you might actually be the last call in order for them to do something about the noise.

Explain the situation and ask if they can keep the old boy out of it. No-one is told who complained against them anyway and if she does kick off, it will be at someone who as had a go at her before.

It's horrible having crap neighbours and worse if you feel that there is nothing you can do about it either.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:35 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch

Go for it Hutch
An independent witness may be just what they need to take action.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 9:12 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
definately without a doubt, coz thats the kinda hothead i am, i would try to get the law on side though
Well when I am this guys age I will try a different tact

Tai Chi outside her house in my borat suit

Ah the thought of those stretches
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:25 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Well when I am this guys age I will try a different tact

Tai Chi outside her house in my borat suit

Ah the thought of those stretches
Be safe in the knowledge you will never have me as a neighbour

Hutch i think i would report it and ensure the council knows its in confidence
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I hear she's being used in Guantanamo Bay with quite remarkable results.

Last edited by spartacus; Sep 20th 2008 at 12:33 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.