What would you do?

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:35 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you do?

Any update Ipom?
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:59 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to view the house on Monday, at 11am.

In the meantime, found more houses to see if it all goes tits up.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Right, well we're pulling out.

We went up with our tape measure today and had a look at what would happen with a road upgrade and it would seriously impact on the property with noise and frequency of traffic, esp with increased traffic in 10 yrs time.

Though it 'might not' go ahead, the bottom line is that no-one can guarantee that it won't, and really, the bottom line is that we have to protect our investment for the future...

I am sad, but hey, it's just a house and it wasn't meant to be.

Better one waiting for us round the corner....
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom

We went up with our tape measure today and had a look at what would happen with a road upgrade and it would seriously impact on the property with noise and frequency of traffic, esp with increased traffic in 10 yrs time.

Though it 'might not' go ahead, the bottom line is that no-one can guarantee that it won't, and really, the bottom line is that we have to protect our investment for the future...

I'm sure there is a better one waiting for you honey. Fingers crossed you find it soon
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:02 am
Account Closed

Thanks Wendy. I went through it today and they're half packed... poor buggers aren't going to be very happy when the solicitor tells them. But then, they really should have been truthful with us from the start...
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:04 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Hon
That is a real shame, but I really think you have done the right thing...
It must be really frustrating having to do it, but the same reason you now do not want it is the exact same reason someone in the future will not want it either.
I really hope you find an even better place to call home very very soon!
S
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:06 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevemich
Hon
That is a real shame, but I really think you have done the right thing...
It must be really frustrating having to do it, but the same reason you now do not want it is the exact same reason someone in the future will not want it either.
I really hope you find an even better place to call home very very soon!
S

Hmm. I may come up and have a look, and then offer them something utterly ridiculous knowing they are in the shtum!

S
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:09 am
Account Closed

They are in the shtum Swervo... it's obviously taken them weeks to pack and they are now very desperate. Nice house going cheap....
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:09 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hmm. I may come up and have a look, and then offer them something utterly ridiculous knowing they are in the shtum!

S
You hard businessman you!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:20 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevemich
You hard businessman you!
Maybe I should sign up for The Apprentice this year. Now where did I put that megaphone...?

S
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:07 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness you found out before you'd gone ahead and bought it - that solicitors of yours has certainly earned their fee!

Good luck with the house hunting
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:09 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: What would you do?

Head rules heart. Good onya iPom.

Hope you get the one that's right for you, very soon.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Now where did I put that megaphone...?

S
Is it this one?

(T'Pau indeed! )

Last edited by iPom; Mar 5th 2007 at 5:47 am.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Head rules heart. Good onya iPom.

Hope you get the one that's right for you, very soon.

Thanks Vash... Practical has to win out at the end of the day...

I don't feel great about heading back into the 'looking at houses' ... It feels like I'm heading up a very long hill again, but what the heck.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 6:02 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

FWIW I think you've done the right thing.

There will be another house with your name it somewhere else

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.