Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What are the things you love about Oz?

What are the things you love about Oz?

Old Feb 3rd 2014, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the things you love about Oz?

Originally Posted by quoll
Wide car parking spaces
Son and granddaughters
I love the wide blue parking spaces too...

or am I mixing my metaphors ;-)
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spuddyo
  • You can stop at traffic lights in your Ute and not have all your tools stolen
  • Walking into the bakers and queuing behind bikini clad ladies
  • You can walk on the grass in public areas
  • Nobody thinks you're a weirdo if you own a chainsaw.
Only if you own more than 2 or 3!
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

This

and

Old Feb 3rd 2014, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

a wide spit of beach...Exhibit A
Old Feb 4th 2014, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spuddyo
  • You can stop at traffic lights in your Ute and not have all your tools stolen
  • Walking into the bakers and queuing behind bikini clad ladies
  • You can walk on the grass in public areas
  • Nobody thinks you're a weirdo if you own a chainsaw.
ah that's good stuff.

I went to the beach after work last night, came out, and went shopping with bare feet.

Love the whole bare feet thing.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

The commute to work. Not my work, I was on holiday This is from the morning ferry from Manly into Sydney. My first thoughts were, what a difference from the greyness of the commuter trains into London, my second thoughts were, "Blidy hell a submarine has just surfaced." and finally, because all the regular commuters took no notice and continued with their, phones, ipads and morning papers, " This must be a regular occurrence for them." Does a commute on a ferry become just as boring as a train journey into London" Who knows?
What I loved about it was the contrast between the two in the scenery, and at least everyone had a seat.

Old Feb 4th 2014, 3:27 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
ah that's good stuff.

I went to the beach after work last night, came out, and went shopping with bare feet.

Love the whole bare feet thing.

When I first arrived in Australia I also thought it was cool to be able to walk around in bare feet... but you know what? I was young, ignorant and wrong. When you think of all the spit and shi# on the footpath you realize it's just foul. I would never walk around in bare feet now and cringe when I see someone do it.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

Kangaroo meat.
Low fat high protein.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by brissybee

When I first arrived in Australia I also thought it was cool to be able to walk around in bare feet... but you know what? I was young, ignorant and wrong. When you think of all the spit and shi# on the footpath you realize it's just foul. I would never walk around in bare feet now and cringe when I see someone do it.
I don't walk around in bare feet because I look like an amateur...hopping around, ooing and ouching....
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

You can ride your bicycle on the pavement.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

The big cities are not very crowded.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 8:41 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee

I got out of my car at Woolworths Prahran (shoes on) and stood on a discarded syringe. It's a boon for people who want to emigrate as podiatrists though...I met a lady who came from Yorkshire who said business was booming!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Only if you own more than 2 or 3!
We're down to 2 at the moment. Must do something about that.
Old Feb 8th 2014, 10:55 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

I love their sense of humour. I once saw a QLD rego plate with "the smart state" written underneath.
Old Feb 8th 2014, 11:01 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by berserk
The big cities are not very crowded.
Presumably you aren't including two of the big cities that I've come to know: Sydney and Melbourne?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.