Wikiposts

What a stinker!!!

Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:28 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What a stinker!!!

What a scorcher of a day in Perth, 12pm and we've already topped 38C should easily make it into the 40's now, dont think yesterdays max was reached till between 4 and 5pm so the mercury's got some way to go yet.

Dont forget if you go out, makes sure you run, otherwise your shoes will melt to the concrete and you'll get stuck
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:50 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a stinker!!!

Originally Posted by steve99
What a scorcher of a day in Perth, 12pm and we've already topped 38C should easily make it into the 40's now, dont think yesterdays max was reached till between 4 and 5pm so the mercury's got some way to go yet.

Dont forget if you go out, makes sure you run, otherwise your shoes will melt to the concrete and you'll get stuck
Yup, bloody hot!
Just hit 40ºC, but there's a major thunderstorm forecast for this afternoon and tonight! Rain tomorrow as well.

Not good for me though.
We're ssupposed to be painting one of our pools this week, but need 3 dry days in a row to do it, so I'm stuck in catching up with admin stuff on the computer!
Thank God for aircon!!!

Last edited by Scossie; Feb 20th 2006 at 4:26 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:55 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

aye, it's hot alright, luckily my office has ice cold air con, beats ice cold conditions any day
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:24 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Does it help if you watch the winter olympics? brrr!
mind over matter
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:52 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
Does it help if you watch the winter olympics? brrr!
mind over matter
Watching that just makes me jealous! I'm a bit partial to some decent skiing and Perth isnt exactly the ideal place to hit the slopes from

Im in Subiaco at the moment and it looks like that storms moving in off the hills over the city, so the temps probably on it way down now, fingers crossed it will actually rain (sorry Scossie) and it will clear the air so its not a muggy night.
Steve

Originally Posted by Scossie
We're ssupposed to be painting one of our pools this week, but need 3 dry days in a row to do it, so I'm stuck in catching up with admin stuff on the computer!
PS: When you paint a pool (an existing not a new one) do you pump the water out into some sort of holding tank/vehicle and then pump it back once the paints dry? I'll need mine doing in the next few years (but the thought of emptying out about a 100,000 litres of water and paying to fill it back up doesnt exactly enthuse me )

Last edited by steve99; Feb 20th 2006 at 4:54 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 5:48 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

PS: When you paint a pool (an existing not a new one) do you pump the water out into some sort of holding tank/vehicle and then pump it back once the paints dry? I'll need mine doing in the next few years (but the thought of emptying out about a 100,000 litres of water and paying to fill it back up doesnt exactly enthuse me )
We do pool renovations as well, (so remember to keep us in mind)!

The water is just pumped into the storm water system.
It's a common misconception that you'll be charged an arm and a leg by the water company to refill a pool.

For yours, I'd say about $40.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

snow forcast here tommorow sledges out for the last time i hope
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:02 pm
Living in Perthection

Originally Posted by Scossie
We do pool renovations as well, (so remember to keep us in mind)!

The water is just pumped into the storm water system.
It's a common misconception that you'll be charged an arm and a leg by the water company to refill a pool.

For yours, I'd say about $40.
Cheers, I'll let you know in a few years when we decide to get it done (all though you'll probably of made your millions and be retired by then ), just a few bubbles in the paint work in the shallow end on the wall at present.

Its still a bloody waste of water though !
Dont you have to get approval from Water corp to empty/refill it?

I bet your right with the old misconception, I would of thought it would be a lot more than that, I wonder if there some side line there you could get into where you get one of those sort of miny tankers where you pump the water into (like a septic tank one) and then put it back after, charge people a couple of hundred bucks for it, and I bet most would go for it, would save you having to re "chemicalise" the pool too.

Steve