Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What sort of person would strap an explosive belt to a kid?

Wikiposts

What sort of person would strap an explosive belt to a kid?

Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default What sort of person would strap an explosive belt to a kid?

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1226186832311
Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:49 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What sort of person would strap an explosive belt to a kid?

A religious one.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

A muslim extremist?

Sounds more like some one who is mentally ill..
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she wants xx virgins by proxy?
Old Nov 5th 2011, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, I can understand the virgins arguement for her 18year old son who ran away to his sisters house to prevent himself being used as a suicide bomber... But wanting virgins for a 9 year old????

this woman is obviously deranged....

Surely its not a suicide bombing in these circumstances, surely its infantacide?
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:35 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of woman is still with the man who threw her out of the car and took her 9 year old to blow himself up? The 18 year old ran away 6 months after because the boyfriend wanted him to blow himself up too.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:41 pm

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

A sick one.

She was sending him to certain death, whereas the parents who let their children roam the streets at night, let them take drugs etc aren't quite sure if it will end in death. Just saying.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What kind of woman is still with the man who threw her out of the car and took her 9 year old to blow himself up? The 18 year old ran away 6 months after because the boyfriend wanted him to blow himself up too.
Same answer

A muslim extremist.... Its very hard for a woman to get a divorce under shariah law... Very easy for a man.... She becomes his property...

Just read .... Boyfriend????? I would have thought that was one for the religious police to look into......

These people actually believe that dying in the cause will take them straight to heaven and not only that, but preferential treatment once they get there... If their living conditions are pretty poor and lives are a struggle its perhaps explainable why they choose to do this.....

You can't apply rational arguements to deeply held, bizarre beliefs like that.....
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sheene
A sick one.

She was sending him to certain death, whereas the parents who let their children roam the streets at night, let them take drugs etc aren't quite sure if it will end in death. Just saying.
I dont know many parents who would "knowingly" LET their children take drugs... Or knowingly let them roam the streets at night for that matter.

Just saying.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007
I dont know many parents who would "knowingly" LET their children take drugs... Or knowingly let them roam the streets at night for that matter.

Just saying.
Then you don't 'know' many parents. I am sure that in the recent riots, the parents assumed they were going out for a spot of carol singing.

Just saying.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

These people actually believe that dying in the cause will take them straight to heaven and not only that, but preferential treatment once they get there... If their living conditions are pretty poor and lives are a struggle its perhaps explainable why they choose to do this.....
Maybe we should give them all asylum, then they won't live in poor conditions and they will change their minds about blowing themselves up.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 4:27 pm

Or not a huge step away from the sort of person who wouldn't strap a seatbelt to a 9 year old.

Having said that, the intent of the bomb is not just to take the life of the boy, it is to take the lives of as many 'infidels' as possible. All in the name of religion. No different to the Christians I suppose - they did a fair bit of infidel bashing in the past.

The dilemma is - would you want to spend eternity with all those religious nutcases? Think I might take my chances down there. Forget the XX virgins, I will just have 1 with some experience thanks.

Last edited by sheene; Nov 5th 2011 at 4:30 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Then you don't 'know' many parents. I am sure that in the recent riots, the parents assumed they were going out for a spot of carol singing.

Just saying.

I personally Dont know how young teens/ minors were involved in your recent riots.... Are you talking about the London ones? Because I havent lived in the uk for over 4 years now.... And can't recall any recent riots in Australia...

There Two things I can't stand, intolerance and personal insults /belittling of peoples knowledge and personal experience being used to try and make a point..
Old Nov 5th 2011, 5:01 pm

I personally Dont know how young teens/ minors were involved in your recent riots.... Are you talking about the London ones? Because I havent lived in the uk for over 4 years now.... And can't recall any recent riots in Australia...

There Two things I can't stand, intolerance and personal insults /belittling of peoples knowledge and personal experience being used to try and make a point..
Having worked in Education for over 20 year, the number of Parents I have known and worked with runs into the tens of thousands. If my 'personal experience' belittles you, then that is yours, not mine.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Having worked in Education for over 20 year, the number of Parents I have known and worked with runs into the tens of thousands. If my 'personal experience' belittles you, then that is yours, not mine.

You simply knocked MY experience.. By saying "then"you dont know many parents" Your professional experience is no more valid than my personal.. It does make you an expert on the parents and children I know...

In fact if anything your professional experience has probably given you a very skewed, jaded and cynical outlook, especially if you have worked in inner cities in the UK... No doubt you will have Forgotten the vast majority of law abiding "normal" people like us, what you remember most is the incompetent parenting of those kids that came to your attention.... Those that caused you trouble, worry or grief

My mother was a teacher for fortyfive years.. She can remember the "troubled" kids in her class quite clearly, but ask her about the huge majority of those she taught who were just jo average when it came to behaviour, what most people would call normal and she has virtually no recollection of the individuals at all...

Do you have children children of your own?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.