What Scares You?

Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:42 am
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all
Default Re: What Scares You?

What scares me? People. I was brutally attacked a few years ago and have not really trusted anyone fully since.

What used to scare me but doesn't now? Honesty

How did I get over it? I got honest

Last edited by lerato; Jan 7th 2009 at 10:57 am.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:41 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Manakins in shops i hate them scare me to death. Then Marks and Spencer bring faceless ones into there stores my worst nightmare
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

The Big Drop at Dream World.......got on ok....opened my eyes when we reached the top and don't remember dropping back down, hubby and daughter said i was white with shock. Just the thought now makes me go cold
Jacqui
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Children. The thought of having them makes me feel physically ill.
Ditto to that
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
What scares you?

What did scare you that no longer scares you? How did you overcome your fear?
Worms

Haven't overcome, can't even look at above word when typing this
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

What scares you?

Spiders. You don't help, they still scare me but not so violently as when I was little. Overcame the vomiting by having children and refusing to pass on the fear. Unfortunately first born is also terrified.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

What scares you?

I have spent a fair part of my career clearing landmines in Mozambique, Cambodia, & Bosnia. Then, I have just spent the last 3yrs working across Afghanistan from North to South, Kabul to Kandahar. I have seen car bombs go off on the roads in front of me, and indirect fire land 50m away.

What scares me is, when I come back into the so-called 'Developed World', and people drive as if there are no consequences to their actions. These people need to see how final death is....then..... they might choose not to tailgate, speed excessively etc. So senseless.

Last edited by JR230898; Jan 7th 2009 at 2:56 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Without a doubt flying on big planes.

I did a free-fall parachute jump out of a tiny cessna without a problem I thought it would help my fear (bit extreme I know), but it didn't and, I still bloody hate it. Flying to Oz last year was a nightmare. Fortunately from Melbourne to Sydney I was sat next to a flyophobic and we had a real laugh as we rocked ourselves back and forth chanting 'it'll be OK, it'll be OK' to each other. My OH thought it was hysterical and said we looked a right pair of halfwits (I told him he had to give up on that counselling course pronto!).

Lorraine
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:38 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lerato
What scares me? People. I was brutally attacked a few years ago and have not really trusted anyone fully since.

What used to scare me but doesn't now? Honesty

How did I get over it? I got honest
Sorry to hear that Lerato Karma sent
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:19 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

People who have no control over their temper used to scare me. Now I just carry a golf club.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:29 pm
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Sorry to hear that Lerato Karma sent
Thanks Geelong Gent. It's ok though - this is part of the way our world is now. And if he had had the help he'd needed in his life, he wouldn't have done it. So, fingers crossed our world starts to help people who need it

On a less serious note (the honesty thing is killing me a bit right now anyway!) I am also rather scared of an Xbox shooting game my friend got me to play with him. I was crouching behind a barrel, hiding, when I turn around and see a grenade next to me. I very nearly had a heart attack!!

How I got over it... I had a cup of tea

Last edited by lerato; Jan 7th 2009 at 10:37 pm. Reason: to fix bad grammar (of which i am fearful)
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by lerato
How I got over it... I had a cup of tea
Lerato. You rock!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:34 pm
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

Lerato. You rock!
Why thank you

Of course, those in the know (i assume you are one of them!) - know that tea solves very almost EVERYTHING!!

Particularly Tetleys...

Oh - Unless what you're scared of is tea....
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:35 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

What Scares You?

Heights, big ones.

What used to scare me ?

Spiders.

How did you get over it ?

You haven't been to Australia yet have you ?

Al
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by bigAPE
You haven't been to Australia yet have you ?

Al
Um. ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.